Ratings for Dr. Kevin P McSweeny

He was really knowledgeable and was straight forward about what needed to be done and changing the treatment plan when things werent moving along. A bit of a wait time but nothing unmanage very straight forward staff and theyre honest about results time and discomfort. Its been 5 years and everyone is still please with the results

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

Dr. McSweeny gave me a great smile some 30 years ago and I am still smiling thanks to him, his excellent work , professionalism and kindness. He had his practice in Toronto back then. If you have chosen him for your orthodontic work you are in great hands!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2017

Best orthodontist , great staff, receptionists reschedule appointments to accommodate you. Very friendly fun office with great perks. Overall the best care and and for a great price. Couldnt be happier. Love my smile.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2016

Cheap, but dreadful wait times. If you get there on time, expect to be seen 30 minutes to an hour later. Horrible. I think that they just schedule too many people and can't handle it. McSweeny himself is fine. A little awkward, but he knows what he's talking about. The receptionists are salty, though, the office is aesthetically displeasing, and the service in general is mediocre at best.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

If you need any surgeries along with your braces, see Dr.McSweeney. He is by far the most knowledgeable of all the orthodontists I had consults with. I had a complicated case (adult canine impacted in hard palate needing surgery and gold chain). Dr. McSweeney explained to me during consult that this would be a longer process, and I could go elsewhere for faster but inferior treatment. I am so glad I went with Dr.McSweeney, my treatment was slow (2.5 years with braces) which was explained to me as moving my impacted tooth could result in it dying and needing an implant, and all of my teeth shifting back once the braces came off. 3 years after having my braces off my teeth look the exact same as the day they came off. I now work in the dental field (dental assistant), so now knowing more about "behind the scenes" of my treatment, everything he said and did was accurate and top notch.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2016

If all you care about is having great teeth and an amazing bite, this is the place for you. I've had my braces off and wires in for about 6 years (with no wire breakages) and I constantly get complements about my teeth and bite from dental professionals who are shocked by how perfect my bite is (I used to have a cross bite) and how my teeth look like a "doll house". The technicians are very nice, the receptionists are awful, the office was super tacky and ugly, and Dr. McSweeny is not the most social guy, but honestly you're there for your teeth and you will not find better care for them. Would (and do) highly recommend!!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

I had my braces done 19 years ago, still looks great. Now my both kids have them. I would not use anybody else. I come from Woodbridge to see him. It is worth it.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

Dr. McSweeny was my orthodontist years ago - he had the foresight than to install a permanent retainer, which at the time other orthodontist weren't doing. Many of my friends had to have their braces not once but twice. I only had them once. My smile is forever being commented on - even at the age of 40. Dr. McSweeny took the time 23 years ago to explain to my parents and to me what he intended to do - and that was to put the most teeth in my smile as possible. I am now looking for braces for my daughter and happily surprised Dr.McSweeny is still practicing. There is no one in K-W I would rather take her to. P.S. Even my follow up appointments years later were of no charge.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

The problem with ratings is that anyone with an ax to grind can do so. Most of these comments are unfair and I suspect dishonest. Dr McSweeny and staff are great. He did my teeth and my daughters teeth. He did a fabulous job both times. He is the best at what he does and knows about jaw issues etc. His staff are polite and knowledgable too. We rarely experienced having to wait very long past our appointment time. If you are on time, they stay on time but one does have to allow for emergencies in any doctor's office. I wouldn't go anywhere else for orthodontics.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

I went for a consultation with Dr. McSweeny and he had and he had to be just about one of the rudest people I've ever met. After waiting close to half an hour in the waiting area, 15 minutes in the consult room, and when he was done NOT explaining anything to me, he took it upon himself to talk about why the branch of medicine I'm hoping to get into is not "good enough" for him (oh high and mighty orthodontist!!). My mom also went to see him when she was a teenager and was also not impressed with how he treated her. He DOES know his stuff it seems, he is just extremely arrogant about it. If you can get past that I would recommend, but if you like being treated with respect, look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2013