Ratings for Dr. Ronald L. Hoffman

Our visit was certainly not geared around money! Dr Hoffman truly had a genuine interest in not treating something that was not needed, no supplements were claimed to be needed or offered . We left there pleased and look forward to our follow up appointment.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

This guy is a good salesman . I'm sure he can sell the Brooklyn Bridge. He will try to sell you every supplement he can at a great markup. The test he orders are all in house and very expensive. Revived a bill for over $3000. There's always a long wait and the front desk person almost

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

A staff member was so rude to my mother who is paying for my treatment because according to this woman my mother called too much and asked too many questions.. She then cancelled MY appointment without contacting me .. I wonder if Dr Hoffman is aware of how his staff treats his patients..

Submitted December 13, 2015

Dr Hoffman is awesome. I listen to his radio program. He listens to you. He likes to be asked questions and he provides detailed answers. If you go to his clinic, off course you are going to spend a lot of money with tests. He is trying to get a complete picture of your health parameters so that he can make the best decision. He looks at things that conventional doctors don't. You are not obliged to buy supplements from him. Go online to buy supplements for the best prices. Also you should listen to his excellent radio show/podcasts. He will teach you how to solve several health problems and how to stay in good health. And, off course, you have to put his advice into practice, instead of just listening. This way you won't need to spend big $$$$ with doctors, exams and medicines.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

I think Dr. Hoffman is excellent. I was very sick, had no idea what was wrong with me. Tired, exhausted really, aches, pains, swollen joints. I had gone to many doctors for 2 years. All put me on a rx and referred me to another specialist. I was told had arthritis, fibromyalgia, many different things, none right. Dr. Hoffman spent more time with me than any doctor I had seen. Very quickly he told me I most likely had Gluten Allergy. He did tests to confirm this and rule out other diseases. Gave me nutrition advice and vitamins. I feel wonderful and owe it all to him. I never felt like he was making me buy anything. I highly recommend him. If you don't have your health you have nothing and I owe mine to him. No prescriptions, just nutrition and vitamins.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2013

They don't take insurance. The treatment helped my condition, but some things were vital and never checked and could have resolved my treatment much sooner. Keep in mind if you're very sick and fragile - the head games and hostilities are hard to handle. In addition, every 2 months they advance charged hormone testing $1200 a pop-- * dropped it when questioned. Their administrator will demand payment 3 months before doctor visit and in hostile manner backs down when questioned. The doctor cancels 3 of 4 appointments, to reschedule at the last moment; you're told he's going on vacation or prepping for radio. His priority is never to his patients or how they feel, but to his pocketbook. If you go for treatment, make sure you have the wherewithall to watch your own interests and not let hostilities bother you.

Submitted March 12, 2013

From January to December of 2009 I spent over $7000 on numerous in-house tests and consultations. About 20% I received back from Insurance. I have to agree with some others here in that I felt this doctor, while knowledgeable, is geared to selling you anything he can.. Every time I sat down to discuss my case, he was never prepared and repeatedly asked me the same questions from the previous visit. He kept pushing me to try this and that supplement, probiotic, anti-fungal pills and other non-standard concoctions. His one good suggestion was to go on a gluten-free diet, though that was somewhat standard advice for the symptoms I was experiencing. I can understand that some problems are difficult to diagnose and you have to try a number of things to see how your system reacts. I just feel that with the money I spent, I would have liked some small positive results. I think he is too busy with his Radio Show and other projects and his focus is now scattered.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2010

I honestly believe that a lot of these negative comments are coming from AMA establishmentarian PR types hell bent on destroying the reputation of these excellent, trailblazing doctors using cutting edge anti-aging and alternative therapies. Just look at the reviews for other renowned anti-aging doctors such as Dr Eric Braverman, Dr Michael Schachter, Dr Thomas Lodi -- don't they all seem to be written by the same person? Sure, every now and then you will have a disappointed patient, but I really, truly suspect that this is some kind of guerilla PR effort intent on smearing the reputation of these wonderful docs. Read what Dr Braverman, Schachter, Hoffman, & Lodi (among others) have done and then decide for yourself if they are a good fit. Please do not use these anonymous comments as a way to gauge their efficacy. I am just a patient interested in antiaging therapies who sees this is as what it is, a pathetic smear campaign on behalf of the AMA. They can go **** themselves.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2010

I believe this man is a very talented snake-oil salesman. The other poster is correct that many tests are ordered, most of them in-house, and as a result directly benefiting Hoffman's business, and potentially not covered by insurance. You will leave your first appointment with a list of supplements to purchase at their store, conveniently on site, and with astonishing markups. Beware.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2010