Ratings for Dr. Matthew Hewitt

Quite unsure as to what all of the negative concerns are regarding Dr. Hewitt. I understand that the ER department is a foreign place for most, but ER doctors have to move quickly and efficiently in order to treat the high number of patients waiting. Dr. Hewitt has treated my lung concerns with a high level of professionalism, excellent bedside manner, and overall effective treatment. He is without question a fantastic Dr to have in the VGH.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

This doctor saw our two year old niece together with her parents . She has a kidney disorder and has very serious issues . Her parents are professionals in there own careers and have four well adjusted children . This doctor treated them with unbelievable disrespect. He is arrogant and unhelpful also argument I've.If you have a choice should refuse to be treated by him. I realize our medical system is publicly funded but for Canadian citizens to have to put up with sort of treatment by the professionals that our tax dollars are paying for is a disgrace to this country. N Johnson

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

Unbelievably horrible bedside manners, and extremely arrogant. Had him 3 times as an ER DR, same experience all 3 times. Read the other reviews... don't know how he became a DR.. agreed that he should have his Lic Revoked.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

This doctor was highly unprofessional. He got frustrated and stormed out of the room when I said I'm unable to take a certain medication and never returned to finish treatment. How do doctors behave this way? Not how I expected to be treated in a hospital when I'm experiencing an extremely painful medical emergency.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

This Dr. needs to have his license revoked. I make no further remark here to avoid jeopardizing related legal matters. It is helpful to post here, but it is the formal written complaints to the college and or other legal options/actions that will end the terror and horrors we face regarding severe pain from our true and documented afflictions that are perpetuated and compounded by the psychological abuse of Dr. Hewitt. Bryan Rabie

flag | Submitted April 9, 2017

completely unproffesional and treated me like a child. im 23 years old suffering from a wrist injury sustained at work and while im telling him it causes severe pain to move my wrist. he recommends using it ? completely arrogant and would not let my voice be heard. why take a medical carreer if your going to treat people like garbage.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

I don't trust him and was treated like nothing Didn't do anything for me .confrontative and kind of non chaland.I'm back at walk-in clinic to get to the bottom of what is happening with me and my condition that has been going on for a week.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

Wish I could rate lower. Saw him in ER late December with a severe allergic reaction from a prescribed medication. I was covered in hives that were getting worse. He basically said stop taking the medication and take benedryl. I told him Benedryl had not been working and the hives kept getting worse and were still spreading.Either Benedryl by injection or prednisone would have been helpful. Called my GI the next day and was prescribed prednisone 50mg for 5 days to calm down the histamines. Dr Hewitt was dismissive, arrogant and seemed to get very annoyed if you asked any questions. Felt that I was nothing but a nuisance to him.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

Horrible horrible doctor by far the worst. Go in for cyst problem he gives me chest x-ray. Never even examined me

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

Matthew Hewitt has very poor attitude, i canbarely say that he is a doctor . I don’t appreciate being treated like the way I was in the emergency room. He did not do anything for my pain and let me suffer . He stared at my eyes and told me he can do nothing for me. Hewitt was arrogant and cold. He thinks he is god. I was sent away with no test , exam or medication .

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016