Ratings for Dr. Matthew Hewitt

I got excellent care after injuiry of my shoulder. As a foreign tourist had ski accident ending up in Emergency Centre. Got excellent treatment.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2018

He was great stitches my eyebrow up nicely and sent me off for a few scans. Very professional and great at what he does!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

Hewitt blew it! Completely inept. Should NOT be practising. Teenage daughter went into hospital had uttered threats and even stated a plan she had. He assumed it was all about an arguement. Waltzes I to the room and arrogantly tells the teenager he. Is not even going to ask any questions because in cases like this it is usually the is over reacting. Which is why he brought her in first. REALLY? Unfortunately for him adult daughter was there to make sure truth was told. So she heard the whole thing. She was shocked and angry. All he did was ask my teen if she felt like self harming which she answered no o just want to go home to bed. He let her go! Incompetent fool had NO information. Just didn’t want to deal with it. Useless completely useless. Use your head asshat we don’t like sitting in your germ infested hospital waiting room for two hours either. If we come there’s a reason.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2018

He doesn't seem like the happiest guy but he does his job and efficiently and effectively as possible. I have seen him a few times during emergency visits and he's always been thorough and explained things clearly to me. Not quick to write prescriptions or order unnecessary tests.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2018

Great doctor. He treated me for what I had come into emergency for. He works in an emergency room not a doctors office people. If you are having a true emergency this is a great man to see. No hand holding just straight to the point and that's what you need in an emerge doctor.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

Quite unsure as to what all of the negative concerns are regarding Dr. Hewitt. I understand that the ER department is a foreign place for most, but ER doctors have to move quickly and efficiently in order to treat the high number of patients waiting. Dr. Hewitt has treated my lung concerns with a high level of professionalism, excellent bedside manner, and overall effective treatment. He is without question a fantastic Dr to have in the VGH.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

This doctor saw our two year old niece together with her parents . She has a kidney disorder and has very serious issues . Her parents are professionals in there own careers and have four well adjusted children . This doctor treated them with unbelievable disrespect. He is arrogant and unhelpful also argument I've.If you have a choice should refuse to be treated by him. I realize our medical system is publicly funded but for Canadian citizens to have to put up with sort of treatment by the professionals that our tax dollars are paying for is a disgrace to this country. N Johnson

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

Unbelievably horrible bedside manners, and extremely arrogant. Had him 3 times as an ER DR, same experience all 3 times. Read the other reviews... don't know how he became a DR.. agreed that he should have his Lic Revoked.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

This doctor was highly unprofessional. He got frustrated and stormed out of the room when I said I'm unable to take a certain medication and never returned to finish treatment. How do doctors behave this way? Not how I expected to be treated in a hospital when I'm experiencing an extremely painful medical emergency.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

This Dr. needs to have his license revoked. I make no further remark here to avoid jeopardizing related legal matters. It is helpful to post here, but it is the formal written complaints to the college and or other legal options/actions that will end the terror and horrors we face regarding severe pain from our true and documented afflictions that are perpetuated and compounded by the psychological abuse of Dr. Hewitt. Bryan Rabie

flag | Submitted April 9, 2017