Ratings for Dr. Jacqueline Smith Auguste

look no further the Dr. is exceptional her approach is warm kind and with your own persistence during rehab you will have a positive result within a few months

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

A really great experience. My family members came in from India to specifically see Dr. Auguste for a knee replacement and the treatment and attention was top notch from start to end. Thankyou.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

An amazing doctor! Its is hard to find a surgeon that listens so intently, and is not afraid to call out something that is not true. She is kind, funny and extremely good at what she does.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

She was excellent. Very happy with her work. I was pleased with her professionalism.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2017

I had my second total knee replacement with Dr. Auguste. The hospital was fantastic. Nurses were amazing and I was very happy with the results so far. And i even liked the food this time. HUmber Hospital is really very unique. I was happy --actually exctatic with the room! Just all round a positive experience.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

I have a very similar experience with Dr. Auugste. She operated on my knee 4 weeks ago now. I had a bad fall a few years ago and tore my ACL and never did anything about it. I never was much of an athlete so I didnt really feel i need ed to get it repaired. I started getting pain with basic things like standing at a counter or in line, and going down the stairs. I went to see my family doctor to get a referral to anyone really and she sent me to her. So I was very pleased to have someone who seemed to really care about the things i was telling her. I had an operation that already seems to have been a miracle . I forgot what a strong knee felt like. I have a lot of work to do to strengthen and I am going to the physio clinic in the offices of the Humber River orthos over beside the hospital with Nick! Nick is another amazing health care worker and just really pleased so far with everything. Thank you to Dr. Black and Dr. Auguste and Mr. Nick and Marchelo.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Dr. Auguste was recommended to me by my family member who had two surgery from her. I was also very pleased with my surgery and care by Dr. Auguste. She performed a shoulder surgery to repair my rotator cuff after a car accident that was life changing and very traumatic to me. I was appreciative of her bedside manner and her understanding of my pain that was, in my opinion, ignored by everyone but my family doctor and therapist. After battles with the insurnance company and my work, Dr. Auguste fixed the shoulder and I have had very little by way of pain or discomfort since that time. I would recommend Dr. Auguste. I believe we are a better health care system with doctors like Dr. Auguste and the nurses at Humeber Hospital in Toronto. Bravo.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

I have had three surgery from Dr. Smith. The first was in 2009 when I had my knee scoped and then again in 2015 when she scoped the other knee.Ihad a total knee done in 2016 and have been very pleased with the care and attention to detail and kindness she and her staff at both the hospitals and the clinic have portrayed to me andmy family. She has always been friendly, taken time to explain things to me. She does not make me feel stupid or like she has no time for me even in a busy day. I'm very happy with my care and experience and would recommend her to anyone without hestitation.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

Dr. Smith saw me in 2016 for my hip pain. I'm 41 and work as a cosmetician for my entire career and its not something that I want to give up. I was upset when she told me she couldn't do anything for me for an operation but would help design a program that would get me more active, stronger, fitter and healthier and she suggested a job change. I was so angry about the job change part. But the bottom line is that standing all day as at work with a bad hip and actually knee too was just not going to work. I didn't change my job! But I did take her advic and go to therapy, start swimming, lose some weight and I joined a yoga class at my gym. Im not gonna be running any marathon but even though I was disappointed to not have a surgery (yet!) I am grateful I changed my level of activity and have more energy and less pain for standing. So thanks, no thanks, but thanks. LOL

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

It's sad that a comment about weight that is supposed to help you is thrown back as a bullying comment from the same person she was trying to help which immediately dismisses everything else that person says. I don't care if she has 50 pounds under her lab coat. As long as she keeps treating us. My experience is straight forward--referred to hospital by Dr. Abdelsalam for shoulder problems., saw the doctor, she examined me, read my MRI and asked me some questions, then offered me some surgery, I had it, hurt like mad, went through some physical therapy and a few weeks of boredom off work and here I am, fat as heck and pain free.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

Dr. Jacqueline Smith Auguste's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Jacqueline Smith Auguste obtained her medical degree at the University of Calgary in 1996. She subsequently completed an orthopaedic residency at the University of Calgary with an additional year of research and surgical training in Sports Medicine at the McCaig Centre for Joint Injury and Arthritis Research. Dr. Smith Auguste then continued her training in Toronto, where she completed a Fellowship in Musculoskeletal Oncology and Joint Reconstruction, as well as a Fellowship in Lower Extremity Reconstruction and Revision Arthroplasty at the University of Toronto. Dr. Auguste is licensed in the province of Ontario and holds specialty certification in Orthopaedic Surgery from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. She has been in private practice since 2002 and is an active staff member at Humber River Hospital--now North America's first fully digital hospital open since October 2015. She also holds staff positions at the Gorman Shore Sports Medicine Clinic at York University, and the Downsview Orthopaedic and Arthritis Centre in North York.

• English
  • French
  • Spanish

• University of Calgary (Grad. 2002)
  • University of Toronto (Grad. 2004)

• Arthroscopy