Dr. Jacqueline Smith Auguste

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Jacqueline Smith Auguste

Jacqueline Smith Auguste Had my knee appointment earlier this morning with the Beautiful Dr Auguste. She's an incredible woman she's so kind and caring towards her patients. Picking her as my specialist was the best decision I made. I can't thank you enough for what you did for me. Ì appreciate it so much. if anyone needs an orthopedic doctor I highly recommend Dr Auguste she's amazing.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2018

I saw Dr August today in Humber River Hospital for the first time. She came recommended froma friend who had her shoulder done. I have a long time problem with my knee after a car accident in 2012 and it's never been the same. I have been to many different physiotherapy clinics and chrippractors with the insurance company and had three different specialty doctors diagnose me with a bunch of words that all seems to mean its from my age not my accident. The doctor spent about 20 minuts with me today, she examined me and looked at all the reports from my doctor and saw there is a meniscus problem. She has scheduled me for a knee scope and I am elated that she is actually the only person who saw to do something constructive. I don;t know what this will come of in the end but I was happy with how fast I got tosee her. And how thorough she looked at all my paperworks. I have only very positive things to say. thank you. Jan Price- Toronto.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

So pleased with Dr. Auguste. She asked me to lose some weight before my surgery to make sure I would have a better result. This was a difficult task but after 6 months of dedicated dieting and gentle exercises I was able to have my hip surgery without complications and within less than a week was incredibly happy with the result. I feel sad for the patients who whine about not getting a surgery cause they are too obese...take matters into your own hands and own your own health care. Stop whining. Thank you to the doctor, the nurses at Humber Hospital and allthe fractures clinic staff for treating me with respect care and patience. xoxo.J.B. Barrie ON.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

Replaced my ACL 5 years ago, soccer injury in my late 40's and I still play today early 50s. I cannot find the marks from the surgery on both sides of the knee(4 of them) two on each side as they healed perfectly. For me as a man that is not that important but might be for others which care about it. I started to play soccer 4months after the surgery which again tells you the the surgery was done properly. The only thing that i remember is that it took around 2 years for some nerves in that area to be fully recovered and they were partially numb for this period, not pain just partially numb. I do recommend her.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

Thank you for today Dr. Jackie. I was very apprehensive about my upcoming surgery and came back to see you to discuss it. We are going to do a knee replacement in February and I am not an elderly woman, so I was concerned I was making a mistake. She took nearly 30 minutes out of herbusy clinic to talk to me and show me the xxerays and the mris and ask me some more questions to help me see that it was time. I just feel so comfortable now. And knowing that that all the people who have written these comments and all the peoplein our physio clinic at Wilson ortho who had her, are more than helpful in making me feel comfortable and safe. I will update after the surgery.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

As my friend below said I too had a surgery by Dr Auguste. We are both gym goers and gardeners and injured shoulders with repeat movements like weights and tennis. I went to see Dr August after the rave reviews by my friend. She investigated me and tried to help without an operation with some physical therapy Ana cortisone shots. But eventually I had a shoulder laser surgery and was immediately better. I know she says it takes months but in my case it was a lot better.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2018

Amazing shoulder surgeon--practical, told me what to expect and not to expect, was very attentive and excellent bedside manner. My shoulder is so much better than before the operation. Thank you

flag | Submitted January 13, 2018

just an outstanding Dr. that will get your health where you need to be

flag | Submitted January 1, 2018

did my shoulder and she didn't fix it yet still in pain and had to see someone else to fix it right. Not the best thats for sure

flag | Submitted December 27, 2017

Dr. Auguste fixed my shoulder a few months back. She was very helpful and attentive. She was good humored. She did not rush me or seem pressured to move on to the next patient. I didn't feel uncomfortable or anxious about surgery which i normally would do and I recommend her to anyone. thank

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

Dr. Jacqueline Smith Auguste's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Jacqueline Smith Auguste obtained her medical degree at the University of Calgary in 1996. She subsequently completed an orthopaedic residency at the University of Calgary with an additional year of research and surgical training in Sports Medicine at the McCaig Centre for Joint Injury and Arthritis Research. Dr. Smith Auguste then continued her training in Toronto, where she completed a Fellowship in Musculoskeletal Oncology and Joint Reconstruction, as well as a Fellowship in Lower Extremity Reconstruction and Revision Arthroplasty at the University of Toronto. Dr. Auguste is licensed in the province of Ontario and holds specialty certification in Orthopaedic Surgery from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. She has been in private practice since 2002 and is an active staff member at Humber River Hospital--now North America's first fully digital hospital open since October 2015. She also holds staff positions at the Gorman Shore Sports Medicine Clinic at York University, and the Downsview Orthopaedic and Arthritis Centre in North York.

• English
  • French
  • Spanish

• University of Calgary (Grad. 2002)
  • University of Toronto (Grad. 2004)

• Arthroscopy