Ratings for Dr. Jacqueline Smith Auguste

She was excellent. Very happy with her work. I was pleased with her professionalism.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2017

I had my second total knee replacement with Dr. Auguste. The hospital was fantastic. Nurses were amazing and I was very happy with the results so far. And i even liked the food this time. HUmber Hospital is really very unique. I was happy --actually exctatic with the room! Just all round a positive experience.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

I have a very similar experience with Dr. Auugste. She operated on my knee 4 weeks ago now. I had a bad fall a few years ago and tore my ACL and never did anything about it. I never was much of an athlete so I didnt really feel i need ed to get it repaired. I started getting pain with basic things like standing at a counter or in line, and going down the stairs. I went to see my family doctor to get a referral to anyone really and she sent me to her. So I was very pleased to have someone who seemed to really care about the things i was telling her. I had an operation that already seems to have been a miracle . I forgot what a strong knee felt like. I have a lot of work to do to strengthen and I am going to the physio clinic in the offices of the Humber River orthos over beside the hospital with Nick! Nick is another amazing health care worker and just really pleased so far with everything. Thank you to Dr. Black and Dr. Auguste and Mr. Nick and Marchelo.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Dr. Auguste was recommended to me by my family member who had two surgery from her. I was also very pleased with my surgery and care by Dr. Auguste. She performed a shoulder surgery to repair my rotator cuff after a car accident that was life changing and very traumatic to me. I was appreciative of her bedside manner and her understanding of my pain that was, in my opinion, ignored by everyone but my family doctor and therapist. After battles with the insurnance company and my work, Dr. Auguste fixed the shoulder and I have had very little by way of pain or discomfort since that time. I would recommend Dr. Auguste. I believe we are a better health care system with doctors like Dr. Auguste and the nurses at Humeber Hospital in Toronto. Bravo.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

I have had three surgery from Dr. Smith. The first was in 2009 when I had my knee scoped and then again in 2015 when she scoped the other knee.Ihad a total knee done in 2016 and have been very pleased with the care and attention to detail and kindness she and her staff at both the hospitals and the clinic have portrayed to me andmy family. She has always been friendly, taken time to explain things to me. She does not make me feel stupid or like she has no time for me even in a busy day. I'm very happy with my care and experience and would recommend her to anyone without hestitation.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

Dr. Smith saw me in 2016 for my hip pain. I'm 41 and work as a cosmetician for my entire career and its not something that I want to give up. I was upset when she told me she couldn't do anything for me for an operation but would help design a program that would get me more active, stronger, fitter and healthier and she suggested a job change. I was so angry about the job change part. But the bottom line is that standing all day as at work with a bad hip and actually knee too was just not going to work. I didn't change my job! But I did take her advic and go to therapy, start swimming, lose some weight and I joined a yoga class at my gym. Im not gonna be running any marathon but even though I was disappointed to not have a surgery (yet!) I am grateful I changed my level of activity and have more energy and less pain for standing. So thanks, no thanks, but thanks. LOL

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

It's sad that a comment about weight that is supposed to help you is thrown back as a bullying comment from the same person she was trying to help which immediately dismisses everything else that person says. I don't care if she has 50 pounds under her lab coat. As long as she keeps treating us. My experience is straight forward--referred to hospital by Dr. Abdelsalam for shoulder problems., saw the doctor, she examined me, read my MRI and asked me some questions, then offered me some surgery, I had it, hurt like mad, went through some physical therapy and a few weeks of boredom off work and here I am, fat as heck and pain free.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

I had a great experience with Dr. Jackie and I had a gastric bypass that she organized.Iread the funny comment from the last person who didnt' like that she could nt tell the doctor what to do for her. Some people dont like tohear the truth. Anyways I have been seeing her for about 6 years. My mother sees her and my girlfriend. She has operated on my knees twice and she has operated on my mothers's knees and now my girlfriend shoulders. I have nothing but love and admiration for her. And i think shes amazing. Get off your butt people and listen to this doctor. I have never regretted taking her advice and continue to do so. Thank you again J--i Know you know who this is!!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

I have a great experience with Dr. Jackie augusts. She has been my doctor for 10 years. I had a shoulder dislocated back in school playing rugby. I spent a year looking for a surgeon to fix it. I met Dr. Derek from Barrie and he sent me to see her in Toronto. She sent me for some testings and I had MRI with a injection which was not good, but it was well needed. It showed that there was a hole in the place that keeps the shoulder inside in place. She spent a lot of time talking to me about the problems and honestly scarred me a bit for the operation. I remmber thinking i didnot want to go ahead with the operation. I actually didnt go ahead with the operation at first. i wating a bit until the next time the shoulder went out and then i was kicking myself for not doing it sooner. This is a first class doctor with a good heart. She knows that we are worried as patients and she made me feel safe. I never had a surgery beofre so it was very worried. After a craxy hospotal day i can say that i have all the movement I need and i am not scarred the shoulder is gonna release or dislocat like beofre. So very many thansk and lots of good vibes to Dr. J. I hope she finds more success and happiness in helping her other patience!!! Thank you thank you and thank you. i have my shoulder back.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

Super shout out to Dr. J. I've been her patient for about 4 years. I actually live in Miami in summer and London in winter but I was born in Calgary--and I initially met her in Calgary when I was at the university there. She was a residency an in trauma training. I broke my ankle on stage (idiot--fell off) and then this was during the stampede. so I ended up at the Foothills and she looked after the surgery at the time. Anyhow, I am a musician and sometimes I set up stages for other bands so I was having a problem climbing and jumping down from risers because of my knee. Short story- injured my knee and needed an ACL. No insurance, no workers comp no nothing. So she helped me back then when I was in Alberta. Moved to London. Saw she was in Toronto. When I ended up on tour in Toronto with a group that used to play for conference gigs in Toronto, I stopped in to see her and she got me a quick MRI in Buffalo--short drive--(no canadian insurance) and then she fixed my ACL. I have been stopping by to get rechecked whenever I am through Toronto. She always greets me with a smile like a long lost friend and I have the most respect for the way she makes me feel immediately at ease. I have been reading a few of these rating (uber guy--funny, fat girl--whatever sour grapes) and I completely agree with the 99% of them. I am probably her oldest patient (in time). And I am still here seeking her out and grateful for the care she always gives me. I think i have known all three of her secretaries. Hi Robin! I was there on Tuesday. I see she has her own band which is awesome. I can;t think of one other doctor I know who is a musician like that. So I have a couple recommendations for you all. You need to see this doctor if you have any knee issues especially if you have to jump around like me and then go check out her band. She should get some award for the most well rounded down to earth doctor on the planet. So no complaints. No bull straight in your face doctoring. Not that she needs it, but I will say ditto and HIGHLY recommend Dr. J!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2016

Dr. Jacqueline Smith Auguste's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Jacqueline Smith Auguste obtained her medical degree at the University of Calgary in 1996. She subsequently completed an orthopaedic residency at the University of Calgary with an additional year of research and surgical training in Sports Medicine at the McCaig Centre for Joint Injury and Arthritis Research. Dr. Smith Auguste then continued her training in Toronto, where she completed a Fellowship in Musculoskeletal Oncology and Joint Reconstruction, as well as a Fellowship in Lower Extremity Reconstruction and Revision Arthroplasty at the University of Toronto. Dr. Auguste is licensed in the province of Ontario and holds specialty certification in Orthopaedic Surgery from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. She has been in private practice since 2002 and is an active staff member at Humber River Hospital--now North America's first fully digital hospital open since October 2015. She also holds staff positions at the Gorman Shore Sports Medicine Clinic at York University, and the Downsview Orthopaedic and Arthritis Centre in North York.

• English
  • French
  • Spanish

• University of Calgary (Grad. 2002)
  • University of Toronto (Grad. 2004)

• Arthroscopy