Dr. Jacqueline Smith Auguste

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Jacqueline Smith Auguste

Great knee surgeon. Had a scope this week. Already feel 100 percent. I know that's not what she said would happen but whatver it did. And now I will see her for my shoulder- golfer for many years/ Shoulder holding me back. I hope for the same result as my knee. highly recommend. Very nice. Very smart. Very pleasant. and the secetary is awesome! Thank you maria!!!!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2018

I saw Dr August for my knee. My doctor referred me for my ACL. She was straight forward, did not make me feel rushed. She asked a ton more questions than I expected and took time to answer mine. She eplained m,y surgery to me satisfactory and I felt confident when I left that I agree with the other folks here, she is the right surgeon for me. She has a good way with people. I noticed the workers in the the clinic liked her and were recommending her too. I always think that if the people in the workplace would shop or go there, then you have a good choice. She was able to get me in for my ACL this coming monday which was incredible as I expected a year wait listening to what other people tell me about surgery waiting lists. Thank you to Dr. Rosenfeld for referring me. And thank you to Maria the secretary for getting me in to see the doctor so quick and for a quick surgery. I am very grateful. I will come back here with the results. Thank you.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2018

Took mom for a follow up after another surgeon did a total hip and decided not to return to the first surgeon and stay with Dr. Smith. Great bedside manner, very kind and understanding.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2018

great experience--had a knee scope for a meniscus tear and felt immediately better. could bend, walk etc. just great. good personality, great skills, good environement. Nothing negative at all. wold def return and recommend.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2018

An overall positive experience from the first contact with the secretary through the first appointment the surgery and the last appointment after. I waited a few months to see her but then everything moved very quickly after that. A very good experience. I recommend her highly. She was professional and caring and very efficient.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2018

Jacqueline Smith Auguste Had my knee appointment earlier this morning with the Beautiful Dr Auguste. She's an incredible woman she's so kind and caring towards her patients. Picking her as my specialist was the best decision I made. I can't thank you enough for what you did for me. Ì appreciate it so much. if anyone needs an orthopedic doctor I highly recommend Dr Auguste she's amazing.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2018

I saw Dr August today in Humber River Hospital for the first time. She came recommended froma friend who had her shoulder done. I have a long time problem with my knee after a car accident in 2012 and it's never been the same. I have been to many different physiotherapy clinics and chrippractors with the insurance company and had three different specialty doctors diagnose me with a bunch of words that all seems to mean its from my age not my accident. The doctor spent about 20 minuts with me today, she examined me and looked at all the reports from my doctor and saw there is a meniscus problem. She has scheduled me for a knee scope and I am elated that she is actually the only person who saw to do something constructive. I don;t know what this will come of in the end but I was happy with how fast I got tosee her. And how thorough she looked at all my paperworks. I have only very positive things to say. thank you. Jan Price- Toronto.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

So pleased with Dr. Auguste. She asked me to lose some weight before my surgery to make sure I would have a better result. This was a difficult task but after 6 months of dedicated dieting and gentle exercises I was able to have my hip surgery without complications and within less than a week was incredibly happy with the result. I feel sad for the patients who whine about not getting a surgery cause they are too obese...take matters into your own hands and own your own health care. Stop whining. Thank you to the doctor, the nurses at Humber Hospital and allthe fractures clinic staff for treating me with respect care and patience. xoxo.J.B. Barrie ON.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

Replaced my ACL 5 years ago, soccer injury in my late 40's and I still play today early 50s. I cannot find the marks from the surgery on both sides of the knee(4 of them) two on each side as they healed perfectly. For me as a man that is not that important but might be for others which care about it. I started to play soccer 4months after the surgery which again tells you the the surgery was done properly. The only thing that i remember is that it took around 2 years for some nerves in that area to be fully recovered and they were partially numb for this period, not pain just partially numb. I do recommend her.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

Thank you for today Dr. Jackie. I was very apprehensive about my upcoming surgery and came back to see you to discuss it. We are going to do a knee replacement in February and I am not an elderly woman, so I was concerned I was making a mistake. She took nearly 30 minutes out of herbusy clinic to talk to me and show me the xxerays and the mris and ask me some more questions to help me see that it was time. I just feel so comfortable now. And knowing that that all the people who have written these comments and all the peoplein our physio clinic at Wilson ortho who had her, are more than helpful in making me feel comfortable and safe. I will update after the surgery.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

Dr. Jacqueline Smith Auguste's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Jacqueline Smith Auguste obtained her medical degree at the University of Calgary in 1996. She subsequently completed an orthopaedic residency at the University of Calgary with an additional year of research and surgical training in Sports Medicine at the McCaig Centre for Joint Injury and Arthritis Research. Dr. Smith Auguste then continued her training in Toronto, where she completed a Fellowship in Musculoskeletal Oncology and Joint Reconstruction, as well as a Fellowship in Lower Extremity Reconstruction and Revision Arthroplasty at the University of Toronto. Dr. Auguste is licensed in the province of Ontario and holds specialty certification in Orthopaedic Surgery from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. She has been in private practice since 2002 and is an active staff member at Humber River Hospital--now North America's first fully digital hospital open since October 2015. She also holds staff positions at the Gorman Shore Sports Medicine Clinic at York University, and the Downsview Orthopaedic and Arthritis Centre in North York.

• English
  • French
  • Spanish

• University of Calgary (Grad. 2002)
  • University of Toronto (Grad. 2004)

• Arthroscopy