Dr. Jacqueline Smith Auguste

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Jacqueline Smith Auguste

Thanks to Dr. Auguste for such a great hip! Three months ago I had a hip replacement at Humber. She did my knees before and now my one hip. What a difference in my daily pain! I can't even remember what it was like before! than you to all the Humber nurses too.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2018

On her 50th birthday, Dr. Auguste gave me a new F150 knee. It is five years later and it is wonderful. She is also a very kind and personable doctor who really cares.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2018

I met Dr. Auguste nearly 10 years ago when my surgeon Dr Kwok retired and she took over my file. She has been nothing but helpful professional and skilled in dealing with my knees and my hips. Dr. Kwok did my first knee replacements in 1995 and 1997. Dr. Auguste did my hips replacements in 2009 and 2011. And my knee redo i 2014. I will have the other knee redid in the next year and I know I am in good hands, and I still see Dr. Kwok regularly but he does not operate in the hospital any longer. THannk you to both doctors for such good care.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2018

All I can say is that Dr. Jacqueline Smith Auguste is amazing. I waited less than two months for an appointment. She assessed the issue I had and had me in getting it fixed withing two months. Recovery went very well. My knee hasn't been this good since before it was broke. I highly recommend Dr. Jacqueline Smith Auguste and her team at the Humber river Hospital.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

My first visit with Dr. Auguste was this week. I had found her through this website and my family doctor knows here so I felt confident I was in good hands. In Oshawa we have to wait for several months to be seen for any ortho problems and surgery takes over a year. I heard this same thing from another person in the clinic today who lives in Kingston. So it was refreshing to hear that waiting lines for surgery at the Humber are from weeks to months not in the years. I need a patellor surgery and she explained it in good detail. I dont know the day yet but I will find out this week. So far it all seems great. The hospital is really nice. Parking is not good though cause you have to pay and its a big walk. I fell like i am in good hands so far.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2018

I had my ACL surgery done by Dr Auguste last year and have completed my therapy and am back playing soccer. A great experience overall.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2018

Thank you for organizing my surgery to work with the time of my cancer treatment. The kindness and willingness to acommodate us was beyond what we would have hoped for. J F. Oakville Ontario.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2018

Amazing visit with Dr. August in the Fracture Clinic at Humber Hospital where my doctor sent me to get a consultation about my shoulder. I have had pain sine a car crash in 2012. I had many different treatments including an injection and including physical therapies over the years. No one had ever done any testing on the shoulder at all. Dr. August examined me and ordered a test for MRI and this is the first time I felt like I was being taken serious. My next visit will be after the MRI. I want to say I found Dr. August through this rating site and I cant thank the other people who put their ratings here enough or I would not have found such a great doctor.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2018

I am three days after my ACL surgery which is the second surgery from Dr. Jackie.She did my shoulder repaor last year. I am confident in her hands. She has been very easy to talk to and she takes time to explain things and she does not rush. The clinic runs late but all of them do. I cannot comment much on the hospital other tha it is efficient and the nurses are very caring. No wasted time or gossip in the corners like I head in other ER rooms and clinics I have experienced in the city. So overall a 10/10 and confident you will feel the same.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2018

Super! I had my hip replaced last month after a year of real pian in the front hip. I had two optiond told to me-limp forever or be bionic, Dr Auguste was ,y hip surgeon., enough said, cool and courteous and kind,

flag | Submitted May 3, 2018

Dr. Jacqueline Smith Auguste's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Jacqueline Smith Auguste obtained her medical degree at the University of Calgary in 1996. She subsequently completed an orthopaedic residency at the University of Calgary with an additional year of research and surgical training in Sports Medicine at the McCaig Centre for Joint Injury and Arthritis Research. Dr. Smith Auguste then continued her training in Toronto, where she completed a Fellowship in Musculoskeletal Oncology and Joint Reconstruction, as well as a Fellowship in Lower Extremity Reconstruction and Revision Arthroplasty at the University of Toronto. Dr. Auguste is licensed in the province of Ontario and holds specialty certification in Orthopaedic Surgery from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. She has been in private practice since 2002 and is an active staff member at Humber River Hospital--now North America's first fully digital hospital open since October 2015. She also holds staff positions at the Gorman Shore Sports Medicine Clinic at York University, and the Downsview Orthopaedic and Arthritis Centre in North York.

• English
  • French
  • Spanish

• University of Calgary (Grad. 2002)
  • University of Toronto (Grad. 2004)

• Arthroscopy