Ratings for Dr. Martin Cote-Beck

I found Dr. Cote Beck to be very professional and knowledgeable. He is forthright and, at the same time, compassionate. Counselling can be a difficult experience as patients have to be prepared to accept the fact that they may not always be comfortable at times and that they are a part of the problems they are experiencing in their relationships.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

My heart is so very heavy today after my visit with Doctor Cote-Beck I was left feeling judged and attacked for my honesty, I made it quite clear from the star that I struggle to put my words , thoughts and feelings together sometimes and he made me feel stupid and to blame . I don't think I ever want to see a psychiatrist again. I feel that it is so so wrong for him to judge me as a therapist and quite honestly this should be reported as I know that this could cause huge downfalls for some. People who put so much hope and trust into somebody in this field of work.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

In my case I needed some common sense coaching and I got it. Very professional and understanding.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

Wow I have never left feedback on anyone ever!! but I feel it is my duty to leave feedback here today...... Dr. Beck rolled the dice on me, I was extremely suicidal at the time...... his explanation to me later (unfortunately I had to see him for some paperwork later) was that he was "perpetuating a 'crisis' in me!!!! Really???? Have me committed at the time, but you never "roll the dice" on a suicidal client. When faced with my self harm or known prescription drug use he would always spout off about some brain mumbo jumbo also..... I never knew why I kept going back, I was vulnerable and just wanted someone to tell me what to do. Now that I have been healthy for 6 years I can honestly say that I ABSOLUTELY WOULD NOT RECOMMEND this man to anyone, for ANYTHING..... Just for the record his "crisis" that he was to perpetuate in me????????? In the last 10 minutes of an appointment dealing with self harm and suicide, he announces "I'm sorry I will no longer treat you......" "Your standing appointment is now cancelled" He did not offer me any explanation after 2 years of appointments, I was never late, missed an appt. etc. With that, he held open the door for me and said "Goodbye", yes arrongantly and rather smug. Long story short...... He was called onto the carpet by other professionals for doing this to me. He should change professions and enter the 'science' of the brain rather than dealing with people.... he lost it long long ago.....

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

My experience with Dr. Cote-Beck was and is great. You all have to learn to help yourselves rather expecting him to wave a magic wand and fix your problems.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

Clearly all the five star ratings are from his wife or secretary, given how very unhappy the other commenters were.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014

I don't know what idiot gave this guy a diploma, but he is uneducated, arrogant, lives in lala land and doesn't give a crap about the people he is supposed to help take care of. Most of the time he just sits there and plays music, when I open up to him he tells me that whatever is troubling me isn't going away and that I just need to deal with it. He is on time, that I can give him credit for but what's the point? I may as well talk to the wall in his office. I told him my family history and he messed it all up. He makes my family sound like we've got serious problems... I am sure I suffer from bi polar and I have told him this several times and he says nope, you're just fine instead of helping me, like others have stated, he likes to just give medication. I found that after I go see him, I come out more frustrated then when I went in. I don't know why anyone would recommend him as a psychiatrist. I personally would advise staying far far away from his so called practice.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

Very professional, competent, helpful, understanding and compassionate.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

I find Dr. Cote Beck to be a professional, caring, kind, and attentive man, I look forward to our sessions and feel he has and continues to inspire me, in a knowledgeable and compassionate manner. I feel very fortunate to be be under his care.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2014

Dr. Cote Beck hung up on me while trying to make an appointment. I was trying to get in to see him for the first time as I am being check for ADHD and I missed my first appt (hmmm ADHD may be the cause?!). Anyways, he basically told me that because he had set one hour away for me and I missed it he will call me and let me know when I can get in, and when I went on to tell him I am out of town 3-5 days a week and work 1-5, that leaves me with one day to get in, and that him calling me will not work, maybe I should see a doctor in another town, he basically hung up on me. I thought he as a psychiatrist???

flag | Submitted November 4, 2013