Ratings for Dr. Harley Sandwith Smyth

Although DR. Harley S. Smyth will probably not remember operating on my wife ( Judy Megaffin ) approx. 30 years ago or so, at Wellesley hospital, we both still fondly remember him. He literally saved her life that day when he returned to the hospital at midnight, for an emergency operation, on her brain tumor. To-day we continue to sing Dr. Smyth's praises. When I helped wheel Judy to the 'OR' that day, he said, " if ever thing goes well, she could walk out the front door of Wellesley in 10 day's". Well, she did and to-day is in good health because of Dr. Smyth's superior ability and caring. Thank you Dr. Symth for all that you do !

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

Dr. Smyth removed my pituitary tumor in 2000...total success....I found him and his staff to be very caring and compassionate. Thank you to Dr. Smyth and his staff.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2015

He saved my life in May 2000, I was his last patient after so many years at the Weslley Hospital. He took me in urgently, and thanks to Dr. Shereen Ezzat (Professor of Medicine and Endocrinologist) who made it all happen. God bless them both. I will forever be grateful!:) I give them a "10"+!:)

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

Dr. Smyth removed my prolactinoma in 1998 when I was only 16. He's still my hero to this day for such a successful surgery. And, his great sense of humor made him the highlight of each day during recovery. Dr. Smyth, if you read this, I still have my little stuffed lion named Harley and thank you from the bottom of my heart.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

Dr. Smyth seems to be 'the last of the breed' for whom being a doctor is a vocation!! He is immensely knowledgeable and erudite - a true renaissance man with a caring heart. He performed surgery for my tumour and went so many extra miles to accommodate me - so contrary to the horror stories one hears about medical system.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

I met Dr. Smythe at the Wellesley hospital compared to the other neurosurgeon he was very approachable an excellent and caring person and surgeon loved and respected by both his staff and patients . I rate him a five in all categories.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2015

Dr. Smyth operated on me to remove a pituitary tumour. The operation was a success, and for that I am truly grateful to Dr, Smyth and his support staff at the Trillium Health Centre. He was always very forthcoming with information regarding my condition, and had a very calm and reassuring personality. This was what I needed most, at the time. Our conversations often were of a spiritual nature which I also found comforting, because they were in keeping with my own spiritual beliefs. He always seemed to have as much time as needed, to make me feel comfortable. I can't say enough about this gentleman, aside from the fact that, I would award him the Order of Canada if it was in my power. He is a true hero to me, even if he doesn't care for me riding my motorcycle. I suppose everyone has the right to be wrong! Ha!......Thankyou "Harley" Dave McCauley.....Nov. 23, 2014

flag | Submitted November 23, 2014

Dr Smyth is a very caring and interesting man. He is treating me for my micro adenomas pituitary tumor and I have always had enjoyable visits.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

I had an assessment done recently by Dr. Smyth for my spine. For the first hour he only wanted to talk about my childhood and personal life. The second hour was spent on my migraines and monthly cycle. All throughout this time he preached the bible and provided quotes on historical figures. Afterwards, he did a quick examination and provided my "diagnosis". When I questioned his diagnosis he bacame rude and offensive in throwing details that I had disclosed to him of my personal life (which I had advised several times I didn't feel comfortable disclosing but he advised were necessary to "get to know his patient"). I felt that the time I spent with the doctor was a combination of a sermon, history class and a psychoanalysis rather than an assessment. I felt very uncomfortable throughout the visit. When I exibited tears of frustration after having driven 5 hours for this type of nonsense, he recommended I see a psychologist. It was a most unusual Dr's visit and I would not recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2012

Dr. Smyth operated on me in 1985 at Wellesley Hospital in Toront and removed nearly all of a pituitary tumor. Naturally I had a great deal of fear about such a surgery but Dr. Smyth soon suppressed those feelings and to make a long story short, despite considerable bleeding through the duration of the surgery, I recovered well and continue to live a great life all these years later! I found Dr. Smyth to be kind, caring and considerate of my feelings and worries at a difficult time.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2011