Ratings for Dr. Michael F. Malizzo

Went to this doctor after a three month wait to get an epidural shot to my spine. I have a ruptured disk and two cracked vertebrae. He spent two minutes with me, jabbed the shot in and pumped it so fast that it sent me into convulsions. He walked put of the room so fast that he didn't even see what the results of the shot was. Just said ok your done as he left not even looking at me. The nurse in the room said I could get up and leave. I couldn't get up at all. I was convulsing Honestly I thought I was going to die right there on the table the pain was so bad. Instead of getting the doctor to come back, she eventually left the room too. I finally was able to calm my body down enough to get up and hobble to the door one my cane. My wife was waiting to drive me home and asked what happened as soon as she saw my white face. I couldn't even talk. All I could say was lets go. I had to explain after we got home. It was the worst experience of my life. Worse than the 6 months I had to stay in bed because I was in such excruciating pain I couldn't get up. For someone as active as I have always been, this was very bad.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

Went for a cortizone shot in my back, the valium I was given did jack for my nerves. I said ow when he stuck in the needle and went fishing for the right spot. I wasn't flailing, just saying 'Ow'. He pulled out the needle, told me I couldn't handle pain and left the room without talking to me. I asked to talk to him and the nurse came back to tell me he preferred I make a complaint about him. I just wanted to know his reasoning instead of making it a big deal. The office manager did nada to help the situation either. Unprofessional and certainly unkind. Go to one of the better docs at that place.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2012

Dr. Malizzo was kind when I was in for procedures and I thought he had a good bed side manner, but when I came in with issues he was VERY RUDE and dismissive. I will not go back. He just wanted to give me more pain pills.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2012

Dr Malizzo has been taking care of my neck problems for about 5 years. He is so professional and knowledgeable about the spine and has kept my pain at bay for a very long time. I would recommend him to anyone suffering from spine and pain associated with that area.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2011

Dr. Michael F. Malizzo's Credentials

• University Of New Mexico School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)