Ratings for Dr. E. Gillezeau

I have been a patient of Dr. Gillezeau for 25 years. He is fantastic - friendly, knowledgeable and tough when he needs to be. Unfortunately, his staff is miserable to deal with. With the exception of Nancy, the contact lens technician, who always provides fantastic customer service.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

Myself and my family have been along time patients, I have been going to this office since I was a kid. Dr. Gillezeau has a very kind manner, strong knowledge and listens to your concerns. I have had some serious eye issues and he has always accommodated me and resolved my issues. I would highly recommend him! His staff is not the friendliest, nor the brightest ,really doesn't give a crap so and so some patiences will be needed with them.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

Dr. Gillezeau has been my and almost all of my friends eye doctor for over a decade. He has always been kind and very professional. He is a Doctor who really cares about his patience and will give you grief if you are not taking care of your eyes (firm but fair) I would definitely recommend him to any of my friends or family. Plus he is a funny man which makes the whole going to the doctor experience more enjoyable. Highly recommend Dr. G!!

flag | Submitted November 22, 2013

I went to this doctor every year from age 4 up until I was 16. Throughout my entire experience with him he was sexist towards me and my mother treating us like we did not know what we were doing, like I could not even read the charts properly and even assuming I was doing portly in school because I was not wearing my classes even though I have always been on honor roll. So I finally switched optometrists. Within the first ten minutes of my appointment my new optometrist had diagnosed me with are rare condition that had caused what Gillezeau called a lazy eye. And as it turns out unless caught early and treated before age 10. There is now no way to correct it and I will be stuck with high prescription reading glasses that have minimal effect and can do nothing about my constant headaches.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2012

I have been seeing Dr Gillezeau since I got my first glasses at 13, I am now 47. He also sees my parents and children. he is very professional and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend his to anyone with eye issues.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2012

Dr. Gillezeau is a wonderful doctor and has our doctor for 15 years. I remember rushing over to his office without an appointment one day, worried about my daughters eye infection. Without hesitation Dr. G saw my daughter (7yrs) and not for one second did he make us feel like interrupted his day....which we did! I highly recommend Dr. Gillezeau

flag | Submitted June 13, 2012

Great Doctor I have been seing him for over 25 years with no problems. Strongly recomend his service and advice.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2012

He is very experienced and helpful. I have weak eyes and he has been able to help me find the correct prescription.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2011

Dr. Gillezeau monitors my eyes once a year and properly diagnosed me with keratoconous. Hes a great doctor and because of him we detected this disease before it could get worse. He sent me to the Bochner Eye Institute for surgery. He is a great doctor, very smart and friendly as well. More doctors should be like him.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2011

I used to think Dr. Gillezeau was a very nice, helpful and kind man. My opinion changed when he gave me a new contact prescription and it didnt feel right; i couldnt see out the left eye the contact was very fuzzy. Reschduling an appointment was no problem, however once I got to the office i was treated as if I HAD done something wrong, everyone was whispering and talking about me as if wow this girl has the NERVE to say the dr messed up?! well ya all i did was put the contact in my eye and now i cant see, sooo i did not deserve to be treated so rudely, of course im going to be rude back. Then when I saw the doctor he was rude, abrupt, asked me questions only to interrupt when i was trying to answer, and basically made it seem like i was lying or was a stupid idiot and how dare i waste his time like that. You are a doctor, not God, so get off your high horse. Nobody was helpful they all spoke to me in a condescending, patronizing manner. You're better of going somewhere else.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2011