Ratings for Dr. Philip Barnsley

Dr. Barnsley recently removed a spot from my cheek. I was so nervous and anxious - not knowing what to expect, how long healing time would be or how things would overall workout. He put all of my fears to rest the moment my husband and I met with him for my consultaion. He was so understanding and took all the time necessary to explain the process, healing time & what exactly to expect. When we left the office, we felt nothing short of relief (I had 3 weeks previously hopped off the operating table 'almost' under the knife, of another Nanaimo Plastic Surgeon) and was so happy that this experience was so much better for me. The day of the surgery was a breeze. We talked during the entire procedure...which was a great distraction for me. He described wound aftercare in order to make healing time the shortest. Two weeks post surgery, my one inch scar is barely visible. I went for my followup today and we 'hi-fived' my recovery process. Dr. Barnsley removed my fears and made this rather difficult situation (for me) into an experience that, although I don't wish to repeat, a pleasant one. If I ever require plastic surgery again, he would be the ONLY one I would go to. I cannot recommend him and/or his practice more. Also, kudos to his lovely receptionist. She too was very helpful, calming & comforting. The icing on the cake is the office atmosphere. Sparkling clean, comfortable, modern and classy. 5* rating in every way :)

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

I saw Dr Barnsley for one quick surgery on my foot. He was knowledgeable and pleasant. His office got me in fairly quick for a surgery and he was very pleasant to deal with and open to explain things to me as he did the procedure.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

This Dr. is very self centered. Has no empathy. He made an error during my surgery which he did not do on purpose, but he did not offer to fix it until my family doctor brought it up. It was a very painful mistake, he must be worried what other doctor think of him because he does not give our painkillers no matter how much pain you are in from his mistakes. He needs to grow up and act like an adult. :(

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

Recently I took my 7 year old daughter to see Dr. Barnsley. He addressed our concerns in an informative and confident manner. This went a long way in terms of putting our minds at ease and making us feel comfortable.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2015

I highly recommend Dr Barnsley and his wonderful staff. I had several questions about my pending procedures. Dr Barnsley took time to answer all my questions usng his extensive knowledge infusing the process with empathy and humour. Dr Barnsley was professional, respectful and attentive to my needs throughout the whole process. His staff is super supportive and friendly and always very prompt in returning emails or phone calls. The office was clean and very private. Best of all I look and feel great!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2015

Dr Barnsley is a ignorant , immature prick and doesn't deserve his title. I've never seen a doctor who disgusted me so much. I suggest everyone take their business elsewhere I know I sure will.

Submitted June 9, 2015

Dr. Barnsley made my breast reduction surgery a very positive experience. He is an articulate and competent surgeon and eased my concerns and answered my questions efficiently. He was able to take a part of me that was embarrassed about and transform it into something I'm proud of and couldn't be happier with the results. I highly recommend him to anyone seeking an incredible surgeon. It doesn't hurt that he's easy on the eyes as well. The only minor issue was the receptionist. After a consultation, she directly opposed his advisory with regard to recovery time and I felt uncomfortable asking her questions so I waited to see him and I was treated exceptionally well.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

19/06/14 - Dr. Barnsley exceeded my expectations. He was kind, compassionate and always there for me to answer any questions or concerns. I had gone to two other surgeons in big cities and left both consultations feeling rushed and worried. It was the complete opposite at Dr. Barnsleys consultation. He made me feel safe and confident. He is very clear and detailed which I love. I am so so happy I found Dr. Barnsley. He is a hidden GEM! I could not be happier with my results and after care. Anyone trying to decide on an excellent surgeon should visit Dr.Barnsley!! Thank you!!!!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

Dr. Barnsley exceeded my expectations. He was kind, compassionate and always there for me to answer any questions or concerns. I had gone to two other surgeons in big cities and left both consultations feeling rushed and worried. It was the complete opposite at Dr. Barnsleys consultation. He made me feel safe and confident. He is very clear and detailed which I love. I am so so happy I found Dr. Barnsley. He is a hidden GEM! I could not be happier with my results and after care. Anyone trying to decide on an excellent surgeon should visit Dr.Barnsley ?? Thank you!!!!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

I cannot imagine a more professional or knowledgable surgeon. His demeanour was kind, patient,and thorough. I would rate him 10 if I could. Lucky to have him. Thank you Dr. Barnsley

flag | Submitted January 16, 2014

Dr. Philip Barnsley's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Barnsley recently removed a spot from my cheek. I was so nervous and anxious - not knowing what to expect, how long healing time would be or how things wou..."

March 30, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr Barnsley for one quick surgery on my foot. He was knowledgeable and pleasant. His office got me in fairly quick for a surgery and he was very pleasant ..."

February 23, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "This Dr. is very self centered. Has no empathy. He made an error during my surgery which he did not do on purpose, but he did not offer to fix it until my famil..."

February 8, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Recently I took my 7 year old daughter to see Dr. Barnsley. He addressed our concerns in an informative and confident manner. This went a long way in terms of p..."

August 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I highly recommend Dr Barnsley and his wonderful staff. I had several questions about my pending procedures. Dr Barnsley took time to answer all my questions u..."

August 1, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Barnsley is a ignorant , immature prick and doesn't deserve his title. I've never seen a doctor who disgusted me so much. I suggest everyone take their busi..."

June 9, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "V9R1" to "V9S 5T4". Address has been updated from "None" to "1621 Dufferin Crescent, Suite 301, Nanaimo". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "12505910701".

June 3, 2015

June 3, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Barnsley made my breast reduction surgery a very positive experience. He is an articulate and competent surgeon and eased my concerns and answered my questi..."

October 20, 2014