Ratings for Dr. Colin Roy Voorneveld

I have being going to Dr. Voornveld for 5+ years now and he has helped me immensely. He has always provided me with all available options for treatment and give me literature to read up on them as well. His receptionist is also very nice and courteous.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

This doctor treated me for rheumatoid arthritis for 10 years with Methotrexate. This drug has many side effects and the one he watched out for was the loss of peripheral vision. I was not told that methotrexate can scar your lungs and will give you irreversible lung disease. When I found out I had Methotrexate lung I immediately quit the drug and went vegan. Within three months I had no arthritis symptoms but now I can barely breath. It is a struggle to just get up. Thanks a lot! Great call doctor! He rates 0 stars.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

I am a pharmacist and as a professional, if I have to deal with rude and extremely unprofessional office staff to ensure patient safety, undoubtedly you will too.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

Doc Voorneveld is "blunt" for sure, but I don't consider him sarcastic or rude at all. He always answers my questions and takes the time to explain every medication we discuss. The staff consists of one receptionist who is very polite. As far as the environment, the office is ALWAYS clean. Some of the reviews i've read are unbelievable. I guess you'll have to see for yourself.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2016

DO NOT SEE THIS RHEUMATOLOGIST!!! EXTREMELY RUDE and sarcastic!!! Staff just as rude. Office very dirty and unorganised. All he wanted to know is if I had insurance and if not that I should apply for Trillium Health Assistance. Did not help in the 2 years I went to him. His way of thinking and treatment is very archaic, but he thinks its the best. TOTALLY DISAGREE!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

I agree that his Mississauga office is quite shabby, however, his Toronto office is cleaner and brighter. I've seen him 4 times, and have found him somewhat aloof and offhand on each visit. He didn't spend a lot of time with me - I felt very rushed and unable to ask all my questions. He told me that my trochanteric bursitis, not having responded to three separate cortisone injections, acupuncture and 8 months of physiotherapy, would have to go away on its own and that this could take years. No offer of pain management in the meantime. I am unable to sit more than 45 minutes, my sleep is disrupted every night and I am consequently highly irritable, and unable to work or function anywhere near 100%. While others may find him to be a good doc for RA, I don't feel that bursitis is his area of interest.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

I was actually scared to see him after reading the comments here but my visit to him was good.. I did not have to wait months to see him.. He is knowledgeable in his field,he did offer me a cordizone shot for the pain but I refused until I get the MRI to see exactly what the problem is. He said it could be a few things wrong with my shoulder and I was happy with it all. He was not rude at all actually joked around a bit.. If you go in with a positive attitude smile and relax you will do fine :)

flag | Submitted December 3, 2013

I found this Dr to be very sarcastic and rude. He was annoyed that he didn't have all the information he needed and proceeded to take that our on me. He talked about a diagnosis, without ever explaining - just assuming I would know what he was talking about. I was so frustrated I cried. To be so worried and scared about your health and then to have to endure this kind of treatment...It disturbs me deeply that this man is working with so many senior citizens.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2013

Dr Voorneveld changed my life, not to say he actually saved it. I didn't have an answer/solution for my illness A/S, I was desperate, and hopeless. He treated me and changed it 180 degrees. He was very honest to mention all pros and cons of his treatment, very knowledgeable to explain what, when, how things were happening. I continue to see him for treatment, no regrets. Himself nad his assistant are very flexible and friendly. No complaints at all. E.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013

Had seen other Rheumi - no help - he fixed my problem !!!!!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2011