You may also like

Rate Dr. Laura Heslip

Dr. Laura Heslip's Ratings

Dr. Heslip MOA is rude and mean not only to patients but to other receptionist as well. I am a Medical Office Assistant myself so I understand that it is a hard job that needs a lot of patience. But this MOA does not have a proper phone manner,she will not answer phone, and incase she does she will put you on hold for long time until you get disconnected and if you talk to her she is always in a hurry,not helpful on your questions and will answer on a rude and sarcastic way.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2881848].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

I had a bad experience with dr. Heslip's receptionist.. First, I tred to call to confirm the appointment, the receptionist never pick up the phone... So I left a message, she never call me back whether she got dthe massage or not. I had to go to my doctor to confirm the appointment. Then, When I show up for an appointment, which I was wait for 5 months, I found out my appointment was cancelled. For this appointment, I had to days off from work. The receptionist says She tried to contact me but she couldn't, so she inform my doctor's office reschedule my appointment. I checked with my dr.'s office if they received anything about rescheduling appointment, however, they here nothing... Basically, she is LYING... Since dr Heslip keeping her as receptionist, I doubt how she is responsible.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2824407].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

My family doctor referred to Dr. Heslip a month ago and I havent heard anything back... Thats fine... However the receptionist is rude... I asked her if Doctor has checked my referral and she said i just need to wait without checking my record.. (How Can I wait longer when my baby is coming soon..) Then i told the receptionist I will get another referral for another doctor... She just said "ok" without looking at my record... She is unfriendly and careless to mother-to-be...

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2812997].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

My GP actually warned me about Dr Heslip's MOA as apparently she has quite a reputation! However, I have had zero issues with Agnes - she is polite and organized and I have nothing bad to say about her. As for Dr Heslip, she is knowledgeable and provides excellent advice - no complaints there either.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2553267].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2014

Dr Heslip has been nothing but kind, patient, and professional, she really listened and did an amazing job on my hysterectomy...it was complicated by an extremely large fibroid and originally I thought I was going to have to have a "vertical" cut ...this was very upsetting to me Dr Heslip did everything she could to shrink my fibroid and I was able to have a "horizontal" cut which you can't even see if you wear a bikini ....and her receptionist Agnes has been nothing but polite and professional I would assume working in a super busy office dealing with women whose hormones are all over the place is stressful but she appears to not only be really good at her job but she has gone out of her way to be more than helpful to me. Thank you to all the staff at this office for making what was one of the hardest times in my life go much better than ever expected.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2550729].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

Although I have lots to say about Dr. Heslip's receptionist, I'm not going to vent about that here. My biggest issue with Dr. Heslip is that despite having had an appointment with her recently when we discussed the date of my c-section specifically, I found out weeks later that she has since booked a vacation to Italy and didn't even bother to follow up with me about her not delivering my baby. Originally my midwife and I chose her for very specific reasons, and but have to say that while she is a highly competent doctor, patient care is clearly not at the forefront of her or her staff's minds. Now I am 6 weeks out from delivery and essentially don't have an OB and this entire situation could have been avoided. I am extremely stressed and her office is basically saying 'oh well, have a nice day' and sending me on my way to what will likely now end up being an unplanned c-section done when I go into labour eventually and walk into the emergency room. Thanks for nothing, Dr. Heslip.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2494279].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2014

As some people commented here, I had had extremely bad experience with Dr. Heslip's receptionist, if she still works there( the last time I was there was in Dec 2012). I'm tempted to mention her name but I guess I shouldn't. I have visited Dr. Heslip several times at her clinic in the past. She was always so kind, professional and excellent doctor, and I just don't know why her receptionist has to be so rude, why Dr keeps letting her work there. Beside being rude, she always looks/talks stressed and extremely unprofessional. I recommend Dr. Heslip but you have to be prepared to be treated so poorly by this receptionist.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2444214].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

Dr Heslip was a great doctor. Always answered all my questions and very kind. Just be aware that wait times are about 1 hour after your scheduled appt. time (this is normal though, so as to be expected). I remember seeing reviews about her receptionist Agnes and they are all correct. She is very short and rude with patients. I had a horrible experience with her a couple times. She should not be dealing with pregnant ladies specifically. Her tact and message delivery needs a lot of work. I have since switched doctors (due to location).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1173766].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2013

Dr. Heslip is very a kind, gentle person. She is very knowledgeable and helpful. She makes me feel better every time I see her. Equally opposite is her staff Agnes's persona! Extremely rude and arrogant! Such a short tempered personal does not qualify for the job she does.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1173765].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2012

Dr. Heslip is the best doctor in the world. She is gentle, professional, and very compassionate. She is very personal; she listens, and would even comfort me. All my fear is gone. I'm so glad she is my specialist. Her front desk, a young girl, is very polite, and extremely nice. I'd some problem after my minor procedure, the receptionist scheduled me in to see the doctor right away. If you've her as your specialist, you're very lucky.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1173764].votes_count ]]