Ratings for Dr. Thomas J. Peltzer

I had my wisdom teeth removed by Dr. Peltzer. He did a great job with minimal, normal discomfort afterwards. He was friendly, explained everything and let me ask all the questions I wanted to. He even cared enough to call me that evening to check on me. Nice! Any good dentist can remove wisdom teeth as they are all trained in surgery. In fact more wisdom teeth are removed by comprehensive dentists like Dr. Peltzer who love surgery and have the extra training and years of experience that Dr. Peltzer displayed for me. I have no regrets and highly recommend Dr. Peltzer for surgery as well as routine dentistry. It's really good to get everything done in the same office and Dr. Peltzer is great.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2016

I went to Dr. Peltzer for a wisdom tooth consult. He told me I had a ton of cavities and he took bite wing xrays that I didn't need. When I went back to my other dentist of over 20 years, he told me I had NO cavities and that the x rays Dr. Peltzer took were useless for wisdom tooth removal. I wasted $300.00 on this man! DO NOT GO HERE. He is also very unfriendly and didn't even give me a chance to talk. Terrible experience. He isn't even an oral surgeon. I am going to a real surgeon for the removal of my wisdom teeth now...do not trust this man.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

I had a horrible experience at Dr. Peltzer's office. He is extremely expensive! I found him to be cold and condescending, and I will not be returning to his office.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

Dr. Peltzer is an incredibly excellent dentist. I've been going to him for years and find him to be genuine and caring. His warm personality is matched by his demonstrated quality in the dental care he provides. I believe a dentist needs to continually learn new techniques as the profession advances. Dr. Peltzer takes advanced dental courses all across the country and fortunately brings those skill refinements and latest technology back to his patients. I personally have benefited greatly over the long term from Dr. Peltzer's gentle, friendly and highly skilled manner. He's the best in my book.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

My family and I have been patients of Dr. Peltzer at Gentle Dental Care for many years. A number of our friends and coworkers, on our recommendation also visit Dr. Peltzer regularly. We have had the finest dentistry available. All of our treatments have lasted many years. I personally have had several root canals and crowns done by Dr. Peltzer years ago due to my own considerable neglect and I still have the treated teeth functioning perfectly well in my mouth. My wife can say the same for the quality of care she has received. It would seem these negative reviews must come from jealous competitors or patients angry because they themselves neglected their teeth and then needed a lot of work or could not afford their treatment. As for fees, we regularly monitor our insurance papers sent to us by our insurance carriers and Dr. Peltzer's fees are well within insurance company standards. You ultimately get what you pay for. Pay less, get less. I don't know. But I CAN speak for my family, my friends and co-workers who get their work done at Gentle Dental Care and all have the highest regard for Dr. Peltzer. Sure, problems can arise. But it seems much more likely that Dr. Peltzer's popularity and considerably high reputation as an excellent dentist is too much for some people and they need to post false reviews. I truly feel badly for these people. I know our family and 3 children certainly have the highest regard for Gentle Dental Care as do a dozen of our close friends and coworkers. We're very happy patients.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2015

Extremely high fees. Over $20k of work done. Have spent past year trying to fix what he did. Lost one tooth and may lose another.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

The most incredibly knowledgeable, caring, gentle man I know. He has taken care of my family our entire lives. His chairside manner is next to none. Best, most thorough and highest quality Dentist I've ever known. You're earned my trust and admiration over the many years you have cared for my family. Thanks for everything Dr. P!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

They made me feel so awful about my teeth, and gave me an estimate for $8,000 worth of work! I went to another dentist for another opinion, since I was very upset. I've always taken very good care of my teeth. The second opinion was that there was nothing wrong with my teeth. I needed one filling, that was all. I feel that Dr. Peltzer is a scam, just looking to take advantage of people who are nervous in the dentists office. Very sad.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

Dr. Peltzer has helped me and my family with incredibly excellent dental care for over 10 years. I think because Dr. Peltzer is so much in demand for his services, competitors get jealous of Dr. Peltzer's popularity and practice reputation as being so excellent. I know I have had truly positive experiences in terms of fairness, skill and quality long lasting dentistry. My family has experienced very much the same warm personality and high quality professional services as well from Dr. Peltzer. We have occasionally tried to make appointments on certain days and the staff shared that either Dr. Peltzer was teaching other dentists from around the country who wish to learn from him or that Dr. Peltzer himself was at a cosmetic dentistry advanced course or an anesthesia technique and safety course for sedation dentists and oral surgeons somewhere in the country as he does a lot of traveling for his professional development. Friends tell me Dr. Peltzer participates in over 10 times the CT State Continuing Education requirements annually. Now few dentists exist who can match that level of learning new advances in their dental profession year after year. Now that really says something about Dr. Peltzer's commitment to his patients and to advancing the quality of dentistry for his colleagues. Then he brings all this new knowledge and skill back to Plainville for the benefit of his patients. He certainly has no need to do this other than his love for helping people have the best. I find Dr. Peltzer warm, funny and highly ethical as well as a great communicator. His patients come to him from many miles around including Masachusetts, NJ, and New York. Now that really says something as to the quality and reputation Dr. Peltzer provides his patients.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2014

Dr. Peltzer is an excellent doctor, very attentive and respectful. I have found him to be friendly, easy to talk to and readily available for emergencies on days he is not in the office. My treatments progressed very well and Dr. Peltzer definitely helped me feel comfortable and welcome with his thorough explanations and professional sense of humor. He makes going to the dentist a very acceptable experience. His staff knows insurance inside and out and really was a tremendous help in being sure the insurance company paid everything they were supposed to. This is a great service as many offices are no longer accepting insurance due to the problems dental insurance companies are having. The staff is friendly, courteous and have welcoming to their patients. I have zero complaints and the highest praise for Dr. Peltzer's easy ways and skillful professionalism.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014