Ratings for Dr. Barry J. Efros

I have been seeing Dr. Afros for years. I recently had a problem with billing. A check was sent to the office instead of to me. I called three times to have this check sent to me and it has still not arrived. What ever you do make sure you follow up tightly to get your money. I am so frustrated and angry.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

I am currently 85 with rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, hypertension and more. Dr. Effros has been my rheumatologist for a long time, and he is my favorite doctor. He reviews my combination of meds monthly, and tweaks the prednisone or methyltrexate as needed. He advises me te tell my other doctor if I feel depressed and above all has patience with me. By the way, it is a very punctual office and I know not to be late!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2013

Dr. Efros has given my life back to me by providing his absolute care and knowledge on rhuematoid arthritis with prescribing the best medicines available.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2012

Avoid this doctor and save yourselves. I think he should retire immediately. He is VERY RUDE to his patients.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2012

This doctor is my savior. I had been seeing a different rheumatologist for 4 years, and I could barely walk. I was taking up to 25 pills a day, plus infusions and was extremely sick and thin. Dr. Efros was patient and kind and took immediate action to help me. I can walk normally now, and am taking less medicine and feeling awesome. He is the best doctor I have ever been to.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2010

I saw this doctor in 2002 when my body was one mass of inflammation. He was rude and rough during the quick exam, then put me on a drug which had a molecule in it he knew I was allergic to. I was so sick I didn't realize it. Each day I got worse for about 10 days, losing weight and getting weaker by the day. I called him at least twice, asking him what was happening. He was again rude and told me if I wanted to use him, I better obey his treatments! My husband just happened to see another doctor friend who told him to take me off the drug immediately and never go back to see this doctor. I got better almost instantly once I discontinued the drug. He almost killed me! I was too weak to take legal action, but he deserved to have legal action!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2009

I had a VERY bad experience. Staff was indifferent. Was told to call to follow up on lab results. Tried 4 different times over 2 days & they never offered to have him return my call! Finally got him & he discussed my POSITIVE results for all of 2 minutes with no plan of action for treatment or follow up. I'm still in pain w/no more info. now than when I went in. Had my Dr. refer me to a different Rheumatologist. Very irresponsible!!!!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2009

Dr. Efros is one of the best doctors I have ever been to and I've been to many (as have most rheaumatoid arthritis patients). He is knowledgeable and attentive and patient and on top of the ever changing treatment options for auto-immune disorders. He is CARING and I always feel better after seeing him. His staff is also awesome-I have been going to him 5 years and I have NEVER had a bad visit. I trust him more than any doctor I've known in recent years - my only fear is that some day he will retire (although he's not that old)

flag | Submitted April 12, 2008

He is a smart doctor who is up on the latest treatments for autoimmune disorders. I have been his patient for 3+ years and I have never had a bad experience with him or his staff. He really gives the medical profession a good name. My disorder is difficult to treat and he had shown all the kindness and concern I could ask for in a medical professional.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2007

Dr. Barry J. Efros's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 1974)

• Blue Shield California