Ratings for Dr. Lavanya L. Nagineni

You would think a neurologist would know the "most common" symptoms of Epilepsy and textbook symptoms of a frontal lobe tonic/clonic seizure. Dr. Nagineni kept telling my faith er she had not had a seizure and perhaps it was stress or anxiety. Then after my insistence she did a sleep deprived EEG where she discovered, surprise, you have Epilepsy. The last straw was when she prescribed two anti-depressants and had her office call to say, "Don't take these together. ". Luckily my daughter is smarter than this doctor and researched the new one.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

For those who say Dr. Nagineni has no compassion, patience or knowledge don't know her very well. Dr. N treated my mom and always gave us the time we needed and was very knowledgable. My mom was a tough cookie to please but she was always happy when she left Dr. N's office. I see her at the hospital occasionally and she always remembers me and asks about my mom.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

Dr. Lavanya Nagineni is very knowledgeable in her area of specialty. She is a down to earth and talented neurologist in Texas who is honest and gives clear picture of ailments and treatment. Her staff is excellent. I had seen her twice for my partial epileptic seizure and thoroughly understood my condition and treated me. I am happy with her service and her staff is extremely helpful and patience even if I was little agitated. "Looks like previous reviews are paid to bring down the doctor rating who is jealous or someone without really does not have brain!!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

I was extremely disappointed that Dr. Nagineni never actually spoke to my mother who had dementia. She asked all the questions to my father despite my mother being present right there in the exam room. She never did a basic neuro exam to determine if she knew the day date, president. She never checked her cranial nerves. She never ran a ct or Mir of her head. She never picked up that my mother was depressed because she never spoke directly to her. She never asked her to remember 3. Objects and then come back later to assess if she was able to remember them. She never inquired how she was managing in her activities of daily living. She never asked if my mother drove a car. She gave her meds and then said lets follow up in 6 months. She never drew any blood tests on my mom. I was so relieved to fire her! I requested what little records she did have to be sent to a new neurologist and of course the staff didn't follow through with that. My moms knew doctor actually spoke to my mom, does a full neurological testing at each cost, had her do tests with drawing and blocks and memory, remembering and recall tests, inquired with her and her family how her daily living was going, and even ordered a ct then an MRI of her head. He checked her gait and found out she had a syndrome causing her dementia due to extra water in her ventricles of her brain. My mother has found a new doctor friend she looks forward to visiting. His nurse types up the appt. Notes with any instructions and gives it to us before we leave his exam room! Now we have something to read in black and white when we get home and use to read about her disease process. My mother never comes home in tears or feeling like everyone was talking about her in front of her like she was invisible. Dr. Nagineni could obviously see my father and I disagreed on how she was doing at home. Dr, nagineni couldn't get us out of there fast enough!! She had NO time for actually having to work for her copay. No wonder she never gave us a correct diagnosis and missed it all. I wouldn't recommend her to my enemy ( if I had one) because she is rude, incompetent, disrespectful, runs from any questions, she's lazy and I wonder what part of the world she actually got her degree from. She should never be treating ANYONE with dementia or Alzheimer's. I ought to bring a lawsuit against her for neglect of any elderly person being unsafe at home and also not misdiagnosis ing my mom, bit completely missing the bus. She never did anything to build rapport with my mother or assess her in any way. Maybe she'll refund our copay s. I strongly do not recommend this doctor!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

BEST DOCTORS IN THIS OFFICE. THEIR STAFF IS AMAZING I LOOK FORWARD TO EVERY VISIT I HAVE THERE TRULY AMAZING OFFICE. 5 STARS

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

One of our friends referred us to her. We found her to be very competent, friendly and compassionate. She is very thourough and have a very friendly staff that are polite and courteous. I strongly recommend her.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2012

Dr Nagineni is the worst doctor I have ever dealt with. My husband was referred to her by the ER, which he went to for partial epileptic seizures. She would not give him an EEG for nearly a month after his initial visit, for no apparent reason. Would not except phone calls from us, told us via the office staff that if he was experiencing seizures to go to the ER rather than make an appointment with her. Her nonchalance at his condition, and getting his meds right, cost him greatly in school this semester. She refused to sign a form for school saying that she's treating him at all. She suggested he drop out if his issue makes school difficult rather than receive extra time on tests as the form would allow. After calling other neurologists, it's been made clear to me that this is common behavior for her. I have reported her to the Texas Board of Neurologists. Please seek out someone else for the good of your self and your care.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2012

I am compelled to rate this physician as above because it was an extremley productive visit. Dr. Nagineni and her staff were down to earth, friendly and knowledgeable. I am so much more than satisfied!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2012

Great Doctor and great staff, we are glad we found her at Harris Southwest. We agree with the reviews below and strongly recommend her to every one.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2011

My mom is a new patient of hers and I agree with all the reviewes below. She is a great find for us and we are glad she is in South West Fort Worth close to where my mom lives. We have seen other neurologists in this area and definitely she is the best. And she is very good looking too:-)

flag | Submitted July 7, 2011