Ratings for Dr. H Yap

Amazing Dr! My mother has had numerous falls, she has been seen by tons of doctors, in emergency and so on. Dr Yap was the only doctor that felt her falls were caused by her neck! Wonderful bed side manner, Great staff, Well done Dr Yap and staff!!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

Great doctor, pleasant staff. He runs right on time, if not ahead of schedule! I would highly recommend his practice

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Dr Yap is a wonderful Dr and was amazing to our mom at the hospital. She is a very complicated case and he was able to not only help her but get her back home. Thank you Dr Yap for your amazing care for her.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

I have seen Dr. Yap for many years and he has always treated me with respect. He will order necessary tests and followup accordingly. He is one of the few doctors who not only run on time, but sometimes earlier if you are there. Also, there is never a long wait for appointments as with other specialists. His secretary, Mellissa is extremely kind and efficient. Overall I am very satisfied with Dr. Yap's practice.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

He actually held his hand up for me to stop talking when I was describing my 84 year old fathers symptoms. Absolutely uncalled for. He interrupted constantly with his "science knowledge" and disregarded anything I said regarding my dad health which obviously I know personally.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

He is very professional......He is straight to the point and knows his stuff.....He always greets my father and I with a respectable handshake...he also apologizes if there was a Short wait !!! Family doctors or other specialists Never do this...I admire his professionalism.... as well as Demeanor. ....Thankful to have him ☺

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

Dr yap was wonderful and attentive with my, quick to get me into other doctors , thorough and great, thanks Dr yap

flag | Submitted September 21, 2014

I was very pleasantly impressed with Dr. Yap. He answered our questions regarding concerns we had and never once felt like they were pushed aside. He ordered appropiate testing which uncovered the answers to solve the problem, which is now controlled enough to be followed by my GP. I definitely would recommend Dr. Yap.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2013

The absence of professionalism exhibited by Dr Yap was stark and deeply disturbing. He entered the examination room with an obvious attitude of angry contempt and exited the room in the same way; thus, I am unable to assess his professional knowledge. If by "no-nonsense," other reviewers are referring to Dr. Yap's abrasiveness, to this statement I agree. Dr. Yap was generous with judgement and impoverished in the areas of kindness and capacity to listen with compassion. There are other Internists in Windsor, one even award winning (e.g., Dr. Saad). If it is professionalism, kindness and compassion tied to a commitment to identifying the source(s) of your symptoms and restoring your quality of life it is to one of those Internists I suggest you seek a referral. If it is an appointment steeped in judgement and abrasiveness then you need not look further. Dr. Yap's demeanor and questions epitomize why women are so often failed by the medical professionals to whom they must turn for care.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2012

I was very happy with Dr. Yap. He helped me figure out a persistent medical issue. It was also nice to be in an office where the doctor is not only running on time, but a bit ahead of schedule. The secretary was very friendly and polite. Office is in a newer building, albeit a bit hard to find. Overall, I would recommend Dr. Yap to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2012