Ratings for Dr. Stephen W. Perkins

Dr. Perkins has saved my face literally. I had a revision with him after a doctor screwed up my broken nose. He then had to do a touch up after a revision which turned out to be yet another surgery. He didn't charge me for the 2nd surgery at all and although it was a long healing process I am now finally happy with my nose. I have done 1 year worth of research, this doctor is skilled and knows what he is doing. He will not take you on unless he knows he can help you and definitely not about money at all. If you need revision from a botched nose he is your guy.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

I had a Neck Lift with Dr. Perkins. I am only 2 weeks post op and it looks amazing. I had almost no bruising and normal swelling. He went over ever detail with me so nothing was a surprise. The entire staff is amazing. I felt so comfortable with Dr. Perkins, this was my first surgery and was really nervous about what I was getting done. I had so much confidence in him and he made be feel so comfortable. I feel like a new person.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

I had heard wonderful things about Dr. Perkins, but was still hesitant to have surgery on my nose. I had a bulbous tip that bothered me, and I felt my face, overall, was aging too quickly. Dr. Perkins eased all my concerns, explained the surgery and the healing process thoroughly, and I decided to proceed. He performed a rhinoplasty, lower eyelid chemical peel, endoscopic brow lift and liposuction of my neck. I am not easily "wowed" in regard to changes in my looks and assumed I would not react when they removed my nasal splint roughly a week after surgery. I was wrong. I noticed a big difference in my nose and my neck. I expected swelling, but still the results were great. Less than a month after my surgery, I ran into a friend I had not seen since about a month before the surgery. She did not notice that I had anything done to my nose. Even to this day, friends who have known me for years do not know unless I tell them. I thought that Dr. Perkins was a great surgeon because the change was so subtle to others, yet very significant to me. Looking back now and comparing my postoperative photos to ones prior, I see a thinner nose with softer features in my face overall. Trusting Dr. Perkins with my face was the best decision I could have made!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

Simply the best; wouldn't trust my face to anyone else.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2010

I had a lower face/neck lift(extended SMAS) upper lower bleph, rhinoplasty, co2 around mouth, resty to lips and n/l folds, and TCA under eyes. Tho i was freaked out for several weeks about my altered appearance, Dr. Perkins was very helpful and reassuring though the entire process. He never thought any question or concern i had was unreasonable. Tho costly, i am extremely happy with my outcome. i just celebrated my 50th birthday with a big bash and I had people saying i never looked better(or younger). Thank you, Dr.P!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2009

I had some prior poorly placed cheek implants and 7 bad lip surgeries I needed to have repaired, and I wanted to have a mid-facelift. I found Dr. Perkins to be kind, intelligent and not arrogant (like so many doctors seem to be) He removed the two sets of poorly placed cheek implants I had done by another surgeon, and attempted to repair some of the asymmetry issues i was left with from prior lip work. The mid-facelift surgery made me very happy, took 10-15 years off, and other than a little problem with the outer corner of my eye, which he did some touch-up on later free of charge, I was extremely happy with the work he did. I am posting a before and after picture that shows what I looked like the summer before and the summer after, approximately a year apart. I think Dr Perkins is one of the best surgeons in the Indianapolis area, his facility is wonderful and his staff is the best. I would recommend him to others. http://newimagenow.hypermart.net/beforeafter.jpg

flag | Submitted April 12, 2007

Dr. Stephen W. Perkins's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Stephen W. Perkins, MD, attended DePauw University in Greencastle, Indiana, where he received his Bachelor of Arts degree in 1973 after three years of study. He received his Doctor of Medicine degree from Indiana University School of Medicine in 1977. From 1977 to 1979, Dr. Perkins completed his post-graduate internship and surgery training at St. Vincent Hospital of Indianapolis. From 1979 to 1982, he completed his residency training in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at Indiana University Medical Center in Indianapolis and became Board Certified in October 1982. During his head and neck surgery training, Dr. Perkins developed a strong interest in plastic surgery of the face, head and neck. He followed his interest and completed a year of specialized fellowship training with the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in Birmingham, Alabama, during 1982 and 1983. Dr. Perkins' fellowship experience was related to cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the nose, eyes, face, head and neck. In 1991, Dr. Perkins received his board certification from the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Since his return to Indianapolis and beginning his private practice, Dr. Perkins has been actively involved in teaching facial plastic and reconstructive surgery to the Indiana University School of Medicine residents, where he holds the appointment of Clinical Associate Professor in the Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. As a Fellowship Director and Past President of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Dr. Perkins regularly makes presentations at national and international meetings and symposiums – and is continually invited to be a Guest of Honor speaker. He has been an invited speaker at meetings in Columbia, Turkey, China, Italy, Australia, the Netherlands and more. He was also awarded the R. Mark Rafaty Award on behalf of the Educational and Research Foundation for the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery for his outstanding contributions to facial plastic and reconstructive surgery. Dr. Perkins is an author and editor for numerous peer-reviewed medical publications, including articles in major journals and book chapters. Board Certifications and Appointments Dr. Perkins has always specialized in and limited his practice to facial plastic surgery. Board certified: American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Board certified: American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship Director and Past President of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery for the past 23 years

• English

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)
  • Depauw University (Grad. 1973)

• R. Mark Rafaty Award on behalf of the Educational and Research Foundation for the AAFPRS
  • Fellow Director and Past president of the AAFPRS