Ratings for Dr. Stephen W. Perkins

I would most definitely not recommend Dr Stephen Perkins. I had a revision rhinoplasty with him. The results, well over a year later, less than stellar. He did successfully repair a deviated septum given to me by my first surgeon. However, given his credentials, the aesthetics of my nose, not so great. And by the way, nowhere near the computer images we reviewed and discussed at length before my surgery. Secondly, and most importantly, I would not recommend any woman see this dr. He is very flirtatious (and well past his prime, well over 60; I'm nowhere near that age), and often stares at you intensely, as if he's never laid eyes on a female before. Very long, drawn-out is handshakes, brushing your hair off your face, cradling your face, and super intense looks, love songs in the OR, also trying to extend the normal follow-up period. He had a Fellow at the time, who would accompany dr p in to see me, who was always very professional; this dr never treated me the way dr p did, so it was easy to compare. I happen to know that another woman (a friend of a female Dr I see for Botox) had almost the exact same experience with him. I'll call her Janet. She was under the impression, after her follow-up, that he was going to try to pursue some sort of relationship with her, due to his bizarre, atypical, come-hither behavior. I've seen countless doctors in my life, and NEVER had one act this way towards me; it was very strange, to say the least. The point is, is that I felt this detracted hugely from his ability to be professional with me, and look out for my best interest, as his patient. I also felt that I couldn't be completely honest with him, in that I wasn't too pleased with my outcome. I knew without a doubt, that he was very interested, and I felt bad about conveying my true feelings as far as his work. I didn't want to hurt his feelings. I relayed my thoughts to my husband, who insisted he accompany me to my next appointment. Trust me, I believe I am one of many, so I'm not taking this too personally. However, I feel I deserved better. I didn't have the time, this being my second revision, for a silly , clearly unhappy love-struck surgeon. Hindsight being 20/20, I should have found a different dr, immediately when his flirtation started. I didn't because of the serious money my husband and I had already invested in him. He is married, but certainly doesn't act like it. If you do indeed choose to see this dr, just be very careful. Especially if you happen to be a bubbly blond. Sent from my iPhone

flag | Submitted August 13, 2016

Dr. Perkins has saved my face literally. I had a revision with him after a doctor screwed up my broken nose. He then had to do a touch up after a revision which turned out to be yet another surgery. He didn't charge me for the 2nd surgery at all and although it was a long healing process I am now finally happy with my nose. I have done 1 year worth of research, this doctor is skilled and knows what he is doing. He will not take you on unless he knows he can help you and definitely not about money at all. If you need revision from a botched nose he is your guy.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

I had a Neck Lift with Dr. Perkins. I am only 2 weeks post op and it looks amazing. I had almost no bruising and normal swelling. He went over ever detail with me so nothing was a surprise. The entire staff is amazing. I felt so comfortable with Dr. Perkins, this was my first surgery and was really nervous about what I was getting done. I had so much confidence in him and he made be feel so comfortable. I feel like a new person.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

I had heard wonderful things about Dr. Perkins, but was still hesitant to have surgery on my nose. I had a bulbous tip that bothered me, and I felt my face, overall, was aging too quickly. Dr. Perkins eased all my concerns, explained the surgery and the healing process thoroughly, and I decided to proceed. He performed a rhinoplasty, lower eyelid chemical peel, endoscopic brow lift and liposuction of my neck. I am not easily "wowed" in regard to changes in my looks and assumed I would not react when they removed my nasal splint roughly a week after surgery. I was wrong. I noticed a big difference in my nose and my neck. I expected swelling, but still the results were great. Less than a month after my surgery, I ran into a friend I had not seen since about a month before the surgery. She did not notice that I had anything done to my nose. Even to this day, friends who have known me for years do not know unless I tell them. I thought that Dr. Perkins was a great surgeon because the change was so subtle to others, yet very significant to me. Looking back now and comparing my postoperative photos to ones prior, I see a thinner nose with softer features in my face overall. Trusting Dr. Perkins with my face was the best decision I could have made!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

Simply the best; wouldn't trust my face to anyone else.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2010

I had a lower face/neck lift(extended SMAS) upper lower bleph, rhinoplasty, co2 around mouth, resty to lips and n/l folds, and TCA under eyes. Tho i was freaked out for several weeks about my altered appearance, Dr. Perkins was very helpful and reassuring though the entire process. He never thought any question or concern i had was unreasonable. Tho costly, i am extremely happy with my outcome. i just celebrated my 50th birthday with a big bash and I had people saying i never looked better(or younger). Thank you, Dr.P!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2009

I had some prior poorly placed cheek implants and 7 bad lip surgeries I needed to have repaired, and I wanted to have a mid-facelift. I found Dr. Perkins to be kind, intelligent and not arrogant (like so many doctors seem to be) He removed the two sets of poorly placed cheek implants I had done by another surgeon, and attempted to repair some of the asymmetry issues i was left with from prior lip work. The mid-facelift surgery made me very happy, took 10-15 years off, and other than a little problem with the outer corner of my eye, which he did some touch-up on later free of charge, I was extremely happy with the work he did. I am posting a before and after picture that shows what I looked like the summer before and the summer after, approximately a year apart. I think Dr Perkins is one of the best surgeons in the Indianapolis area, his facility is wonderful and his staff is the best. I would recommend him to others. http://newimagenow.hypermart.net/beforeafter.jpg

flag | Submitted April 12, 2007

Dr. Stephen W. Perkins's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)