Ratings for Dr. Donald Novak

Best Dentist of all time. He was gentle, caring, and is also a great artist!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

Thank God Dr Novak's retirement was only a couple of weeks and we found him at Bay Adelaide Dental. We were patients for many years and found him to be always conservative, never suggesting treatment that was not necessary and his fees were always low. Thanks for coming back Dr Don!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2012

A very caring doctor. Too bad he is going to retire. We've been patients since 1980.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2012

Dr Novak is having a new dentist take over and is only going to be working part time. We've been patients of his for over twenty years and it is a sad day. We only hope the new guy is half as good. Enjoy your retirement Dr Don.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2011

He's a likeable man, however... When you choose a dentist, choose one whose eyesight is perfect. Why choose an elderly man who is losing his eyesight? He's not recommended! When you choose a dentist, quality is important, because you want to look good. He's a great artist? No! He's not! The quality of his workmanship is only a 3 on a 5-scale. He's not recommended! When you choose a dentist, choose one whose prices are reasonable. He charged me $150 just to recement a crown. He grabbed $150 in 5-minutes! He's not recommended! Never take his advice! He will recommend lots of unnecessary dental work as as a cash grab. For example for many years he kept advising me that I needed a crown, even when I knew that I didn't. Never ask for a full inspection! For starters, he'll charge you $75.00 for 5 minutes. Then he'll claim you need up to 4 fillings, when absolutely and positively you don't. The latter will cost you an additional $1,000 a few days later. He's definitely not recommended!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2010

Totally into getting you to do unnecessary work. I thought I was getting a filling but he actually said it was a gold crown. The tooth had no issues, and now one year later I have to have the crown replaced because I have had pain ever since his work on the unnecessary crown. I NEVER went back to him but have found one of the many excellent dentists Toronto has to offer – don’t waste your time or money here.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2010

Dr Novak tries to offer unnecessary procedures as a cash grab. I have over a 15 year period had to question his motives on many occassions.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2010

I have been going to Dr. Novak for over 20 years, and he and his staff have always been on time, very supportive and pleasant, and very professional.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2009

My husband and I both go to see him and yes he is a great dentist. Also his wife whom is a dental hygenist there is so nice and kind. They really make you feel comfortable.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2008

Don has the most gentle hands. He is a very caring and compassionate dentist. His office has the latest technology including this new computer porcelain filling system. You should check out his web site with the video. Not only that but he is a great artist: his art web site is novak-art.com

flag | Submitted April 12, 2007