Ratings for Dr. Scott T. Selbo

Dr. Scott Selbo was the main physician at Achieve Rehab Center in Liberty NY. My 88 yr. old mother was admitted after falling and left with a permanent spine injury. She was prescribed 16 different medications which almost killed her literally. Dr. Scott Selbo refused to take her off ANY, refused to speak to me about it, refused to take responsibility for her so instead he told the head nurse at Achieve that my mother was "a medical liability" and to send her back to the hospital's emergency room. I beg the nurses not to do that to her as it would mean endless hours of discomfort for her and us, which we had just been through a week before. I told them my mother was just on too many meds, please, it was common sense. No common sense or humanity or medical skills came from Dr. Scott Selbo. My mother was almost comatose, her belly was extended like she was 9 months pregnant (she weight 96 lbs.). Well he refused. At the hospitals emergency room two doctors asked what was wrong with her. I said "nothing she is being overdosed, and here is the list of the1n medications she was on;" Their expressions were that of shock and astonishment. they asked who was the Doctor in charge, I told them Dr. Selbo, they just looked at each other. The Doc. told me they would have to xray her stomach. I told them there was nothing wrong with her stomach, just too many drugs. Hospital policy, they would have to do it anyway. Hours and hours later they came to me and said you were right. Duh! Since we were there for 10 hours my mother started to come alive. She fortunately missed a round of meds that the rehab would have given her and therefor she started to feel better. My moms doctor in the Bronx had her moved by ambulance to Montefiore Hospital at midnight. I could not let her go back the Achieve. Her doctor in the Bronx took my mother off all but 3 medications, after 3 days in hospital she was fine and went back to her apartment there.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2015

Left room and did not return for 45 minutes. No explanation attempted. I wouldn't recommend him to anybody. Not knowledgable or helpful.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2010