Ratings for Dr. Sanford S. Luria

I saw Dr. Luria for an emergent issue, as he had the 1st opening. My scheduled appointment was at 2pm, I got called back at 4:15! I wont EVER be going back. I was told I needed surgery, which came with lots of questions. He would not answer them at all! Just told me that he would answer them later. He rushed me out of there. I tried to call his office the day after surgery and for 90 minutes held on for someone, and never got anyone! His office staff is also rude, and not accommodating! He should have retired years ago!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

I had seen Dr. Luria 18 years ago when he assisted my GYN with surgery. His bedside manner was a little abrupt back then and when I asked my GYN why did he pick him, he said because he is the best. Fast forward to 2010 and I had problems...I saw 4 different urologist and then I returned to Dr. Luria. It was a BLESSING! I had a few tests done and he saw the problem. He treated the problem and LISTENED to me when I came to see him. I have nothing but positive things to say about him. I hope my next urologist did their fellowship with him!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

I 100% agree with the previous reviewer, Luria is good at the diagnosis but he has the worst bedside manner I've ever encountered. I would ask him questions and consistently receive the same stock answers ("it'll be fine", "yes, yes, don't worry") - and I was really, really asking specific questions. The guy is incredibly vague and insensitive to the concern, worry or questions you may have. I am still paying off the medical bills incurred from the surgery he did for me. The surgery cured nothing for me, other than cosmetically. But I know that going back to him for follow up care is futile, so I am now searching for a better and more concerned urologist. The fact of the matter is, Luria no doubt has lots of medical knowledge and skills, but he clearly doesn't have any people skills whatsoever. And that is surely almost half of his job, I would have thought. The horror stories I've heard about the American health system are oh so true.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2011

Dr. Luria is the doctor you go to to get a diagnosis. Then you take this diagnosis and take it with you to another urologist who gives good follow up care. Luri's follow up care is non existant. I've been forced to seek other physicians to take care of the side effects that have arisen from a recent surgery. I returned to him, at first, to treat these effects and all I got was a stare, a mumble, and his walking away from me. Thus, I've been forced to find a new urologist.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2010

Dr. Sanford S. Luria's Credentials

• Univ Of Cincinnati Coll Of Med, Cincinnati Oh 45267 (Grad. 1964)