You may also like

Ratings for Dr. W. Jerome Alonso

Dr. Jerome is very professional and knowledgeable about sleep disorders. I am glad I was able to see him with regard to my sleep problems. Staff and Tech team are also very friendly and accommodating. I am very much happy with his diagnosis and am already seeing some improvement as of this writing

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

Pros - Gives you sufficient time, is concerned about all health issues not limited to sleep, empathizes by emphasizing the resulting impacts on quality of life your condition may have (so much better than some docs who basically tell you to deal with it) Cons - He loves listening to himself talk and often restates that he got training at Stanford - and it's world renowned so he knows what he's talking about. I wish he didn't shoot down my suggestions by literally chuckling and throwing out a couple "Stanford"s. And to be brutally honest I would probably have a way better impression of him if his receptionist was better. She's impossible to get through over the phone, rude, and seems like she's kinda disorganized. However the CPAP tech is amazing! Overall he's pretty good. Would just suggest a different receptionist and better patient communication

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

UNCARING ,UNCOMPASSIONATE, AND A DOCTOR WHO DOES NOT FOLLOW HIS OATH TO DO NO HARM.HAVING HIM AS A SLEEP PHYSICIAN HAS HURT RATHER THAN HELPED.PLEASE DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS UNPROFESSIONAL DR.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

Dr. Alonzo and the Technitians are wonderful. I found that the receptionist, especially on the phone, is very hard to communicate with. She does not listen well, and sometimes has her facts wrong. This may be a language barrier, but it frustrates me every time||!!!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

I found Dr. Alonso to be very unethical. My doctor had made the referral because Dr. Alonso did cognitive treatment however when I met with him he advised that he did not find this treatment effective. When I saw my referring doctor she read Dr. Alonso's report to me which included 'cognitive behavior treatment'. At my next appointment with Dr. Alonso, I mentioned this to him and he recommended a private sleep test for $. Of course I declined.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Sorry to see him go now that he is at the same place but specializing in sleep disorders. I had him as my family practitioner so this is the way some things go. As an MD I am quite sure he will be fantastic in his specialization

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

Dr. Alonso diagnosed and treated me for severe sleep apnea. I am impressed by his ability to listen as much by his medical acumen. I would classify him as better than average and I don't toss out kudos without good cause. His sleep tech Mia is also very competent and without her patient assistance I am not sure I could ever have adapted to a CPAP machine. I'm glad of it as it has had a profound change in my sleep and overall health. Having said that, I am often frustrated by the booking staff who act also for other doctors in the clinic. The telephone messaging system is a pain. I had one appointment mis-booked, and I had with me the original appointment confirmation, not that it made any difference to the staff. Last visit things had improved somewhat, so one can hope it continues. But for treatment of sleep disorders, Dr. Alsonso nd Mia are first rate.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2013

My ratings apply to having seen Doctor Alonso at the Canadian Sleep Consultants office related to secondary sleep issues associated with an underlying medical condition. My experience with him was disappointing. Please note: Based on this website, Doctor Alonso appears to have moved from clinic to clinic several times -- previously working as a GP. Therefore, earlier ratings may not be applicable to his effectiveness as a sleep consultant. With respect to sleep medicine, there may be better choices in Calgary. Choose carefully.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2013

Very quick, knowledgable. Can diagnose accurately. Very thorough

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

Dr. W. Jerome Alonso's Credentials

AHC

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Jerome is very professional and knowledgeable about sleep disorders. I am glad I was able to see him with regard to my sleep problems. Staff and Tech team..."

February 17, 2016
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Pros - Gives you sufficient time, is concerned about all health issues not limited to sleep, empathizes by emphasizing the resulting impacts on quality of life ..."

December 17, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "UNCARING ,UNCOMPASSIONATE, AND A DOCTOR WHO DOES NOT FOLLOW HIS OATH TO DO NO HARM.HAVING HIM AS A SLEEP PHYSICIAN HAS HURT RATHER THAN HELPED.PLEASE DO NOT BOO..."

September 4, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Alonzo and the Technitians are wonderful. I found that the receptionist, especially on the phone, is very hard to communicate with. She does not listen well..."

March 25, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I found Dr. Alonso to be very unethical. My doctor had made the referral because Dr. Alonso did cognitive treatment however when I met with him he advised that ..."

February 2, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "His staff was good, he was on time but hasn't a clue what he is talking about! Misdiagnosed!"

October 1, 2014