Ratings for Dr. Edward L. Robock

Horrible experience, I went there for a glasses prescription, and while I was there I had asked about why my eyes always got red and irritated whenever I wore my contacts, he refused to look into it and told me I would need a separate appointments for him to look for any issues. Once I got my eye glass prescription and got the prescription fulled my left eye was very blurry. I had the glasses check to insure they were filled correctly (they were). Went back to Robock and he insisted that it was my correct prescription as well. I went to another eye doctor and in one exam he told me that I had scaring in my left eye from an eye infection, my eyes needed a break from contacts (why they were irritated), and that my left eye was the wrong prescription (it was way too strong). NEVER going back to Dr. Robock again. it's only a money grab. expect more appointments than needed

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

The doctor and staff will try your patience with their quirkiness and disorganisation. BUT when you leave the office, along with your massive headache because of all their foibles, you will have an excellent eye prescription. That's the only reason I keep coming back.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2014

Not happy !The Doctor will not tell you what is the result is staff will tell you .That is job the tell you what is the result of your test .!He never stop taking about is importance to take care of the health of your eye the glaucoma none stop !Drive you not !And the staff will tell you need to pay for more test .Did need them, have to pay for exempt for have contact if I wan contact !I get out of there and go to Costco whit my prescription for my glass and they fix me for contact whit no charge .! Very bad experience will never go back there . They want your money ! N

flag | Submitted January 18, 2014

Dr Robock went above and beyond in the treatment of a scratched cornea. He monitored my progress everyday for 5 days.He patched my eye personally multiple times and left me with specific instructions on eye care as he was going on holidays or 2 weeks. His team is empathetic and focuses to your needs.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2013

My first visit here with children. Had gone to him for years for myself. During visit I found his staff patronizing to my 2 year old child. Was here because of vision issues with 2 year old, who is not verbal. Had advised staff of this prior to visit. DR kept insisting my child talk during eye exam, tho i reminded him again she can not. His assistants did as well. He sighed multiple times and became obviously frustrated. At end of visit, Dr told me that I should 'bring only one child next time because it's too stressful for my staff'. Also told me to 'not let your child touch the display sunglasses because she'll put fingerprints on them and my staff will have to clean them.' I also overheard his secretary discussing my child, saying she was REALLY not laid back (vs the baby I had brought with me, which according to her, was laid back.)needless to say, I will not be returning there, for my child, or for myself. Please do not go there if you expect them to be child friendly!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013

|I feel like more of a sales pitch and money grabbing vs objective scientific and professional services. will be seeking new optometrist.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2011

I have severe near sightetedness and astigmatism. I find Dr Robock very thorough. Yes it may take some time but I would rather spend extra time knowing that I can count on his knowledge.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2011

Dr Robock has alawys attended to our families eye exams with care and professionalism

flag | Submitted May 7, 2010

An 80 year old patient was subjected to take Retinal Digital Imaging and Retinal Peripheral Imaging even after refusal of this OPTION for health resons! Appt was for an OHIP covered annual eye-examination for a senior patient and this patient did not recieve the completed examination. Appt. took 3 hours. Patient is now seeing another Optometrist in the area with excellent results.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2010