Ratings for Dr. Steven A. Rupert

Dr Steven Rupert is a very knowledgeable a very great. doctor, has been a patient for 5 years I've had major back surgery I've had three disk repaired in my neck with a titanium rod with 6 screws to hold it, I've had my right rotator cuff repair, I know that I will live with pain for the rest of my life I accept that when I do not like is, people who want to get pain medications and have never had a surgery to prove that they have pain, they don't even want to take injections but have never had a surgery those are the ones that need to be taken off any pain medication, I am a clergyman and I think just like this stop abusing medications so that people who truly need it have the opportunity to get it, dr. Steven Rupert is a good man has a good heart he wants to help you so wake up and smell the coffee there is no more tea, if you need pain medication then you should have had some surgery you should be in therapy of getting injections to help you,,, not just trying to get a free hand out the Bible says show yourself approved, if you truly need it than prove it,, mgm

flag | Submitted June 19, 2018

He is a wonderful Doctor. I would recommend him to anyone in any pain.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2017

When he talked, you didn't know if he was talking to you as he had a nurse in there he'd just walk out after saying"Umh, I have a Question?" As soon as he was done telling the nurse what to type. Racist, Pig Face, Rude, Un-Friendly & Un-fair Doctor I,​ Have Ever Met In My Entire Life.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

I've come to find that busy doctors are busy because they are good. I've always been looked after with care, but have seen some very rude patients talking to the staff and honestly was impressed that the nurse or receptionist was able to keep their cool with such bad apples in the office. In every case they would mention and apologize to me for having to be witness. My thought is the patients that got upset are the ones that were just looking for pills without a 'real' need for medication. If you aren't in real need, don't expect to get a prescription.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2017

You wait 3 hrs for 3 mins of his time. He walks out while you are talking. Or you see a nurse practitioner like Libby who is rude and doesn't know how to do anything. They have no paper chart and nothing in the computer each visit and a different nurse each visit. They knew nothing about me. Not my name, face, medical history, or even if I was a man or woman. When someone else went back with me they had to ask who is the patient? I had been there 6 months. They told another patient about my private info which is a Hippa violation. Walgreen's and CVS won't fill his prescriptions.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2017

Very good for a pain management physician. Very busy, and there can be a significant wait to see Dr. Rupert in particular, but that can be seen as a good sign. I would be worried about a physician with an empty office. The staff have always been wonderful to me, but I have also been patient and cheerful with them. I have overhead very rude patients in person or over the phone, so it may be you get what you give. Definitely not a "pill mill." If you end up getting a narcotic there are very tight controls and they will check the state database (linked to Illinois and Kentucky.) The primary downside is that it seems like there are different nurses every time I visit. Perhaps they are a training site, but I do not know. The end result is that phone calls can be lost and/or not returned. In summary, one of the best pain medicine specialists I have seen. If you are in true pain, you will get great care. If you are out to scam someone....then have your bail bond lined up.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2013

Dr Rupert is the best doctor ever. I have multi issues with my back. Herniated Disc, Spnal Stenosis, Disc inpingement along with other issues. Nevertheless I came to Dr. Rupert walking with a cane 20 months ago and on medicine for pain. As of 2012 I am not only off my pain medicine but I am walking without a cane, I have pain but the shots he gives works wonders and I work, work out etc... Dr Rupert gave me my life back were I was told by other Dr's I had certain Medical conditions I do not have and that I would need major surgery and on and on. I did not have any of the issues the other Doctor's said I would have. Dr Rupert and his whole staff our simply fantastic!!!! they care about you as a person as busy as they as ( which this office is none stop which tells you something) If anyone is looking for the perfect Dr and staff I would recommend 100%++ this group. They are awesome.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr Rupert for almost 2 years. After suffering from DDD and disk fracture pain for 10+ years, treatment at this clinic is as good as it could be w/o surgery. One of the 2 few complaints I have is sometimes long wait times and sometimes rude R.N staff member. I will say however.. I would recommend Dr. Rupert over the very rude, self centered Pain Management doctor, Dr. Oliver any day

flag | Submitted December 28, 2011

All he wanted to do to help my lower back & legs was give me blocks which were expensive & no help.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011

Dr. Rupert and his staff are wonderful, caring professional.The best!!!. He truly knows what he is doing. Very Very knowledgeable and very caring. It is such a pleasure to have such a professional Doctor and staff to assist you when you need it. I would say the very best.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2011

Dr. Steven A. Rupert's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1985)