Ratings for Dr. Zsofia Geck

I went from hypo to hyper possibly because of overmedication by another Endo. He then wanted to rush me to a huge dose of Methimizole to correct his mistake. Dr Geck's office squeezed me in on a cancellation and she had an entirely different opinion of how to treat my condition. I'm not out of the woods, but her approach makes me feel understood and confident in her ability. The staff went out of their way to accommodate me. Dr Geck was lovely, and knowledgeable. I believe I'm finally in good hands.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2014

Called Dr. Geck after a routine bt revealed no iodine in my left thyroid. Wanted an earlier appt or at least a qualifying explanation from Dr. Geck. Office called back and the good doctor so no need for an earlier appt and not to be concerned...hello No Iodine in left thyroid...not to be concerned. In any event I went for elective orthoscopic surgery and surgery could not go thru as I went into atril fib due to my thyroid. Internist and cardiologist agreed this was the cause. Called again and they upped the appt. 3 days before the actual which would be the end of June 14. My internist prescribed medication in the meantime so I could get my surgery. When a doctor turns a deaf ear, when you really need her, then it is over. One does not just want a doctor who only sees you on your appt. date but has an ear for legitimate concerns. This was not the case with Dr. Geck. She was asleep at the wheel.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

I saw Dr. Geck because I am pregnant with thyroid issues. When I called, they took me immediately. The staff was extremely helpful. The office was very clean and organized. Dr. Geck spent quality time with me and addressed my concerns. She is comforting and full of knowledge. I am thankful I found her and I am confident that she has mine and my unborn childs interest a priority.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2013

Dr Geck is wonderful. I was referred to her by Dr Purser and was not disappointed in her or her office. She made me comfortable and was very helpful in addressing my issues.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2011

great bed side manor and an excellent knowledgable Dr

flag | Submitted July 18, 2011

I have a nodule on my Thyroid and saw Dr. Geck yesterday. She is one of the smartest doctors I have been too. She took her time with me, showed and explained things to me as she was doing them. She has a great bedside manor. She is a very talented physican and I highly recomend her. The office staff were very helpful too! :)

flag | Submitted August 4, 2010

I have a thyroid problem and I feel awful. I went to Dr. Geck to get help in January after waiting 2 months to get an appt. and it is now March and I still feel awful or worse. I felt like I was just another complaining thyroid patient instead of an individual. I was told I need to give my problem time, but I have been progressively feeling worse since last June. She decreased my Synthroid such a small amount, and when I questioned the nurse that called me, she just said we see this work. I didn't feel it would because bigger decreases over the last 6 mo did not. And, I was right...It did not. My TSH just went even lower. Now she did go down on my Synthroid to a lower dose daily. Maybe it will help, but it hasn't over the last several months. My next blood work is in July, so I feel a year is too much time to have to deal with symptoms. I expected at least a better understanding of why this is happening from a specialist in the field. Maybe I didn't need to see a specialist.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2010

Dr. Zsofia Geck's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 2004)