Ratings for Dr. PAUL Shapiro

Initially, I thought highly of Dr. Shapiro. He is a good doctor, however, it became clear after a few years (and changing doctors) that I was mostly recurring revenue. My biggest frustration was access. Everything goes through his admin, Debbie, so when you leave an appointment, you can't make a follow up for 2 or 3 months, but rather get "put on the cancellation list". Once I asked when his next available appointment was and was booked 6 months out. And keep in mind, this doctor sees patients in chronic pain! Finally getting fed up, I decided to switch doctors and found one who saw me twice, did an injection, referred to PT (a good one!) and although I still have some issues, they are nothing like what I had before and kept going back, over and over, to see Dr. Shapiro. Interesting. He is usually on time and gives you a full 30 min appointment, but if I can stay out of a doctor's office, so much the better. I would not recommend him at this point.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

He is one of the most brilliant, exceptional doctors I have ever come across and has helped me with my pain immensely. He takes the time to answer all of the questions, he is kind and caring, and will always take extra steps to help you with your health. A wonderful doctor!!!!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2013

This is an outstanding, caring doctor, skilled in acupuncture and a number of other alternative treatments in helping patients in pain.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2012

Dr. PAUL Shapiro's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine (Grad. 1978)

Healthnet