Ratings for Dr. Jason Penzer

Dr. Penzer is great. This was my second visit to his office and the staff was very nice as well. I definitely recommend Dr. Penzer.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

The best - from the moment I described my situation, he knew what I had, and described the required treatment and options. I had to have two separate surgeries for an anal fissure (because I waited too long and it became very involved - word to the wise, if you butt feels strange, get it checked out asap). He was knowledgeable, professional, friendly and had a great bedside manner. Hightly recommend.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2014

I did not like Dr. Penzer. I went to see him because I had an anal fissure. He recommended surgery immediately, even before considering less-invasive, safer options. I should have done more research before agreeing to do the surgery, but I trusted him. The surgery did not work out (not his fault), but when I went to another doctor, he explained that there are ointments that can be used to relax the muscles of the area, which should be used before jumping into surgery. Penzer did an extremely painful exam. My other doctor did a much gentler exam, and he explained that the gentler exam is recommended when patients have a painful fissure. I got a clear impression that Penzer's main interest was to make money by performing surgery rather than the wellbeing of the patients.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2013

Dr. Jason Penzer's Credentials

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

GHI