Ratings for Dr. Alethea J. Allen

My son was born unable to suck. I repeatedly told Dr Allen there was something wrong with his mouth, but she ignored me and refused to examine his mouth. My son subsequently was unable to eat from breast or bottle, and lost 2 POUNDS (down to 5 lbs). This entire time we were making appointments almost daily, yet she continued to ignore my concerns. Finally he had lost so much weight that Dr Allen accused us of not feeding him and put him in the hospital....but still refused to do a proper oral exam.My son was fed formula thru a feeding tube with syringe, and despite our warnings of my daughters allergies, they insisted he be given this particular formula--he ended up having an allergic reaction and became severely dehydrated with explosive bowels. after 5 days in the hospital, they finally allowed us to leave and get a 2nd opinion. come to find out, my son had a genetic deformity of his mouth, he has now had 5 surgeries to fix what this doctor missed. she is horrible!!!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2014

I'm a mother of 2 year old twins & Dr. Allen has been their primary Dr. She is patient, knowledgeable & kind. I'm very thankful to have found such a wonderful Dr.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2013

My kids and I both liked Dr. Allen. She took her time to explain everything during exams and prior to vaccinations. We did not feel rushed at all and had our questions answered.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2013

I took my daughter to dr. Allen for 17 months and she was always nice. But as soon as my daughter was sick back to back is when I noticed how rushed n uninterested she really was. She would come in the room look at her say a few words then leave without explaining anything to me.... Overall shes a great person for regular checkups but I do not recomend her if ur child id sick.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2013

My children have seen many doctors which I'm sure most mothers can relate to. But they have never responded to another doctor like they do with Dr. Allen. She is so gentle, patient and kind this was definately the right career for her! We will always see only her for as long as possible.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2010