Ratings for Dr. Steven D. Younger

I agree completely with your experience. I have been very unhappy with my appliance and in cost $1500+ and never ever fit properly. Dr. Y was not helpful and very impatient. He made big promises and delivered a big bill.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2011

I needed a retainer and an appliance to correct my bite. During the spacing process I told the staff during my followup visits that that I was experiencing pain and a feeling of something buried in my gum; and my comments were ignored. I found it interesting that during subsequent followup visits months later they pulled 2 rubber bands that had been embedded in my gums. Also,even after several adjustments the appliance never fit propertly. When I mentioned that the appliance still didn't fit properly the response I received a short terse response, that made me feel like my request for a proper fitting appliance was an imposition.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2011

Overall service has been very poor. I needed implants badly and had moved away from a wonderful dentist, Younger was close so I went. Everything seemed promising, but I am not impressed. Edges of implants are rough and floss gets caught on them all the time. When I brought up the difference between his and the two from my previous dentist (which were very smooth, unnoticeable, and done with great care) he looked puzzled like I was speaking gibberish and gave me a very poor explanation. He did nothing to improve and then told me to be careful with flossing. He told me that MOST his patients pull out their implants by flossing (maybe if he did a good job they wouldn't). Also, I went there for a cleaning, and it was the worst job ever. The lady didn't clean the whole tooth, just by the gum line. I had tarter or plaque between my teeth still. When confronted, I was given another poor excuse. I complained, it was like talking to a wall. There is no quality of service! Don't go.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2010