Ratings for Dr. Julie Carkin

The voices this doctor has harmed deserve to be heard. I was a pt of Dr Carkin's for several yrs. During most of that time, I regarded her as a knowledgable, caring physician. I even defended her against someone that expressed a bad experience with her. Little did I know. Months prior to my leaving her practice, Dr Carkin appeared unstable, exhausted, and depressed. During one appt she told me that as she aged, she 'had nothing to look forward to...' I expressed my concern for her and was shocked when she imagined my expression to be a potential attack. I did nothing to deserve this and left her practice immediately. While I am frightened at the prospect of living with a progressive disease without a doctor, I remain too traumatized to find another. If you decide to give Dr Carkin a try, be careful not to share ANYTHING private with her as this will decrease your vulnerability should she turn on you. And if you find yourself hurt, know that you are not the only one she has harmed.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2010

Dr. Julie Carkin's Credentials

• Boston Univ Sch Of Med, Boston Ma 02118 (Grad. 1987)