Ratings for Dr. James Brierley

Dr. Brierley treated my husband for colorectal cancer and set out treatment for radiation/chemo. Since he was the first doctor we encountered on this journey, it is easy to forget about his role when there were many along the way. But Dr. Brierley's work made all the difference in my husband's outcome! His expertise and brilliance in creating a plan for radiation/chemo resulted in my husband's tumour being shrunk so much that there was hardly anything there during surgery. He was patient, kind, listened but more importantly did his best to ensure that the result would be the best. And it was! His work set the tone for the remainder of the treatments and my husband is back to his regular life thanks to the work of Dr. Brierley and the other doctors at PMH/MtSinai Thank you Dr. Brierley!!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

I'm so lucky to have this Doctor as he is so nice and experienced. To me, he is the best in his field. This is one of the few Doctors that can contact you on phone to provide you with any additional information you my need. It's been such a great experience seeing him and his staff. He would ocassionally pick up his phone to ask his patients how they are feeling. His staff are great, too.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

Best Dr I have ever seen!!!! Very caring....Takes his time with his patients....Tries to cheer you up.... Heading back for a check up next week...It will be nice to see him again...As long as he tells me good news lol..

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

Dr. Brierley and his staff are avery caring team of specialists. They listen, educate and talk about all aspects of your journey and answer any questions you may have. We are all blessed to have this team. I thank Dr. Brierley and his staff from the bottom of my heart.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2016

Dr. Brierley is a rare man. He always takes the time to talk and listen and his temperament is very gentle and calm. He is the best in the country and yet he has so much patience and is so approachable and humble yet confident. I have never seen him irritated and if he is he doesn't let on. He knows his patients are fighting for their lives and I am so glad to be in his care. I will be gutted when he retires some day. If I live long enough to see it. He is a dedicated healer. Im grateful to him because I've had a couple of really disappointing doctors in this journey. He's a gem and you should be so lucky as to be in his care.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

I was under the care of Dr. Brierley for 7 years, 5 for the standard thyroid cancer (thyroidectomy) follow up, but for an additional 2 years because I trusted him more than anyone else. He was always caring and listened to how I felt...not just lab scores. He coached me through the decision regarding the RAI and called me at home to discuss. I have always found him and his associate (Dr. Tsang) to be understanding and compassionate. When I left his care he advised that I could always call him for advice, and I have had to do that twice now...once regarding my medication, and once to see if I could get a referral to a quality endocrinologist. I have great respect and affection for Dr. Brierley. Sometimes his reception staff can appear a little short tempered and cranky, but then again I was too :)

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

I saw Dr Brierley at the Princess Margaret. I didn't find him caring or compassionate. I felt like I was treated like a cadaver. Did not feel respected. Meeting with Dr Brierley and his staff in radiation oncology was a traumatic experience.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

Dr. Brierley is indeed the best there is. He is not only knowledgeable but he is also caring, compassionate and sympathetic. Even he has a very busy schedule he always has time to answer a question or an email. He may treat the disease but always speaks to the person first.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2012

At a time when you most need reassurance, competence, humour and kindness, Dr. Brierley is there to steer you in the right direction and cheer you on. He is an incredible mix of genius and humanity. We adore him! I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Brierley and his staff. He is amazing.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2011