Ratings for Dr. Remo Di Palma

Thoughtful, kind and non-judgemental. Always lets me know all my options.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2015

I always receive insightful and thoughtful information. Respectful of my time and is punctual.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2014

Started my appointment by lecturing me to be on time and if he spends anymore than 10 mins with me he's doing me a "favour". Wow thanks. All the while he was late for the appointment which I showed up early for. He then told me he dosent just write prescriptions.. though both times I have brought my son in for his skin he has thrown a perscription cream at me rather than help me. I have since seen another doctor and we found out he has a food allergy. THEN on the visit for myself he starts it by measuring my waist... and telling me I am at the biggest size a woman should be. I am 5'8" tall and weight 140lbs, I have a one year old and I fit my old clothes. I just bought an extra small dress this weekend! I am by no means as big as a woman should be! Is he breeding eating disorders?? Then he told me to read a book "why I am fat and how not to be"!! It was awful and I couldnt get it out of my head. Do not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2013

Dr Dipalma is rude and arrogant and extremely unpleasant. He will not allow one to ask questions. I leave the office feeling worse than when I went in for help with a medical problem. He is always late for my appointments. I am very unhappy being treated without respect in his office.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2011

I always find Dr Di Palma to be extremely thorough. I appreciate that in a Dr. We may disagree as to what path to take, but at least lets me know what all my options are.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2011

I only met with this Doc as my regular was unavailable but felt he was excellent. The appointment was actually for my infant, but I was very comfortable with his knowledge of diet/nutrition for babies. He did acknowledge the importance of breast feeding (his first question), and went on to a very thorough exam of my baby, and gave sound advice. He answered all of my questions and I generally have many. Personally, I like a doctor who is concerned with MY sleep and well being as well as baby's. Id have no problem seeing him again.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2010

as usual, a GP that knows nothing about breastfeeding. Told me to stop breastfeeding my 15 month old so I could get some sleep at night. Said I wasn't doing anyone any favors.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2008

My husband and I found him to be very unprofessional and extremely condescending. I could not get an appointment with my regular doctor so I needed to see him in the meantime. I went to see him about a specific chronic problem I have and he instead prescribed me medication for a totally unrelated illness which I am quite sure I did not have. When I asked him about compatibility with my chronic illness and breast feeding, he gave me a round about, "well, nothing is 100% safe but you have to weigh your priorities". After consulting with other medical professionals, I was told that it was an unsafe drug to take when breastfeeding. He also told my husband and I to "throw out our beliefs and do what works" and that our 6 month old son should be sleeping in his own room. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone, and in fact have gone out of my way to ensure that no one I know who uses this clinic will ever book with this doctor. I've had bad doctors before, but he was the worst.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2008

I am not impressed at all. I had a series of appointments booked every Friday morning at 8 am and for some reason, he wouldn't come into the room until 8:45, smelling like coffee. I'm glad he got a nice relaxed ride to work and feels he can show up whenever he wants, because I was rushing my three kids out the door so they wouldn't be late for school, which they ended up being anyway. I would like to buy him a watch and some antibacterial mouthwash. He has some serious bad breath!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2007

I've followed Dr Di Palma across town, since I am so impressed by him. He is extremely knowledgeable: diagnosed a serious problem that 2 other FPs had misdiagnosed, and got me to a surgeon in time to prevent serious disability. My whole family love him too!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2007