Ratings for Dr. Nancy N. Thomas

Excellent, is the only way to describe my experience, from walking in the door to leaving! Wished I had of went to her years ago! She has the best bedside manner, volunteered extra services they provide, inquired if their was anything I needed refilled, just the best experience ever! I have never felt so comfortable, wished I had of went to her years ago!! Would and will recommend her to all my friends and family!!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

I loved my first visit with her She took her time and answered all my questions

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

Every visit, Dr. Thomas is in the room no more than 2 minutes. She doesn't explain anything about the visit or results. She doesn't give you time to ask any questions. She always has one foot out the door from the minute she walks in the room. If you don't understand the medical terms or initials she's saying, when asked, she won't take the time to explain. My last visit, I told her as soon as she walked in that I have several questions for her. I asked her my 1st question and she was only half paying attention to me. She gave me a very vague answer as she walked out the door, before I could ask her any of my other questions. She wasn't rushing to see another patient because I saw her in the office right after chatting with other staff.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

Right on time. Thanked me for choosing them & welcomed me personally. Listened attentively, with interest. Compassionate. Accommodating. Simply said, THE BEST. Over 15 years, I went to 6 gynecologists on the Northshore. By far, this was my BEST experience. Even the receptionists were extremely friendly & helpful. (...and they do painless mammograms.) Very professional, thorough & efficient on every count.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2014

After having this doctor for 4 years, she refused to call in an RX for me while out of town for a UT infection.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2013

I saw this dr for two of my births. While she is polite during prenatal appointments, she has a terrible bedside manner! NOT recommended for those who want to have a natural, unmedicated delivery, because she likes to do things HER way in the delivery room. She did things in the delivery room that she knew were things I wanted to avoid, just because she was impatient. I had excessive bleeding afterwards because of her, and the birth took me months to recover from. I didn't even go to my post-partum check up with her, she had me so upset.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2012

Not a good DR. In and out leaving you feeling like she didn't care. This Dr. Has a terrible bedside and could care less about her patients! People go to a Dr. For answers and knowledge. She offers neither one. I have read other comments and know that I'm not the only one who has been treated so terribly. I even read the ratings before I saw her and thought, well maybe they had a bad experience. No, she's very unprofessional and inexperienced. I hope this rating helps you steer away, bc it's a very unpleasant experience.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2012

Saw MD 4 months post Csection delivery of twins for vaginal pain and pelvic bone popping. I had never had any gyn problems previously. She performed a pelvic exam dispite me telling her that I couldn't no longer even use tampons due to the pain. IT was excrutiating and I was in tears aand telling her to stop. She refused to stop the exam and continued hurting me and wouldn't listen to me. Also,She just kept pushing her birth control pills on me after I repeatedly said I didn't want them. In the end she still sent me home with them. I threw it away. I have since been diagnosed with Vaginismus by another MD and in treatment. I am appalled at her lack of education on this medical condition as well as the uncaring manner in which I was treated. A patient has a right to stop ANY exam that she feels is uncomfortable/painful. After all, the doctor is working to help the patient not harm them or so I thought. She is a poor represntative for Ochsner. I DO NOT recommend this MD to ANYONE

flag | Submitted December 4, 2011

Dr. Nancy N. Thomas's Credentials

• LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE IN SHREVEPORT (Grad. 2004)