Ratings for Dr. Jason Yung

Dr Yung has been my doctor since 2007. He is extremely direct and to the point, and that is what I want and expect from a Doctor. If there is a problem I want to know what it is, and not have it all flowered over. He has always given me his advice and even alterative ideas. I See some low ratings on his knowledge base. Hes a Cardiologist hence much more study and knowledge then you and I. Trust the man with your life. I do as he has saved my life.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

Met with Dr Yung this month. He shared surprising news (that I require heart surgery) but was VERY personable, very patient, and answered the many questions my wife and I had. The fact that he is a fellow Habs fan was a bonus, but I have no hesitation recommending him.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

Arrogant, loud, demanding, non-empathetic. Bedside manner of and SS Brown Shirt. Expected full cogent responses from a sleeping patient who'd been administered too much oxygen for a Co2 retainer and was consequently poisoned and suffering nightmares. Seemed to direct a lot of anger at the patient though the error had been staff. Insulting and accusatory.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2016

After years of a problem, a surgery, 2 emergency room visits and finally testing I was sent to Dr Yung. Not only did I feel rushed but felt like I was putting him out by being there. His line of questioning was frustrating when the complaints I mentioned didn't "match what my family doctor had written." I was saddened to know he took more interest in my in ability to explain everything then in the fact that I am in unfamiliar territory. To smokers: He didn't ask me if I was a smoker at the end when I was leaving and I told him I was, when he found out I smoke the conversation swung to the cigarettes and not how he could help me. No offer on how to quit just the instruction to do it. With this visit I am more confused and at a loss then ever and feel like there is no where to go but back to the emergency room when I need help and await a test that he believes is futile. I hope for my sake he is good at diagnosing patients by looking at them because he didn't test anything on me.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013

I found Dr. Yung to be very thorough when I went to see him. He immediately made me feel at ease and explained everything in a manner which I understood. He also took the time to discuss preventative measures I could take. When the consultation was over, he asked if I had any questions or concerns he could address. All in all, I did not feel rushed and felt I was listened to. I work in the health field, and would not hesitate to recommend him to family and friends.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2013

Dr Yung has been very thorough in treating my heart condition. He has not oly taken the time to educate me, he has also reassured me that my condition is treatable. I feel that I am in very good hands with Dr. Yung.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2013

I never actually met the man, but when my mom went into the ER with chest pain, he was the second cardiologist to see her. The first cardiologist wanted to send her home as he thought nothing was wrong, but Dr. Yung the only one that took interest in her condition. He was excited that he found out what was wrong with the appropriate testing and was able to refer her to the best heart surgeon in Halifax where she is now being treated. He was also, to my knowledge, a non-judgemental man.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

Arrogant and no consideration for patient's emotional wellness much less their physical condition during recent visit to Dartmouth General's Emergency Dept.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2012

waiting for appt. 2 msgs to office and none returned.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2011

Saw Dr. Yung for the first time on Friday. I thought he was great very helpful and caring .Shook my hand right away and made me feel welcome.I didn't feel rush or talked down to .He wasn't very busy so we chatted for awhile and shared a laugh.I will see him a gain in a week for stress test.We will see how that goes.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2011