Ratings for Dr. William Nielsen

Never once washed his hands before exams, and not always after. Only used glove for internal portion. Hopefully follows infection control guidelines in OR.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2017

Very funny, witty doctor! His knowledge And recommendations ..is exactly what we wanted to hear.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Performed a circumcision on my 12 year old son, which went perfectly. Fantastic, competent, friendly, humorous man. I would recommend him to anyone, anytime. We feel very lucky to have had him as our urologist. His staff, on the other hand, are not friendly at all. Short and curt on the phone, rude to the elderly gentlemen in the waiting room at the office. Surprising, given Dr. Nielsen's friendly demeanor. It's like they aren't aware that part of their job is to deal with the public in a friendly, courteous way.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

Took interest in me and is a very good Dr. knowledgeable at what he does also caring

flag | Submitted October 9, 2016

He made time to see me and quickly ordered the tests that had to be done. Facilitated my transfer to Vancouver for surgery. Very caring and knowledgeable. I have total confidence in his ability as a first-class urologist.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

Ended up in ER while on a sailing trip with a kidney stone attack. Next day things didn't improve. Dr. Nielsen was consulted and came in to assess me, on his day off. He was amazing needless to say and discussed surgery to remove the stubborn stone, so the process began, however, my body didn't agree and decided to pass the stone. THANK GOD! Even after I was discharged, he was very helpful and understanding of my situation. Being from Calgary, I can honestly and happily say that I have never been treated so caringly and special like I was in the Cowichan District Hospital in Duncan, BC. Thank you to all the nurses, especially Michelle, as well as Dr. Pullan who took the time and effort to take care of me once I was transferred to the unit. I definitely did not feel like just another patient but like a family member or a good friend whose health and wellbeing was so important.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

Went to emergency saw him as he was passing through and he schedule me right away for a procedure that evening. Saw him 2 days later at his office and he was very helpful explaining and recommending an other specialist top in his field for an other procedure. I was really happy with everything.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

Amazing doctor. Would recommend him to anyone. Very kind and knowledgeble, he has a great sense of humour and his follow through was better than I have seen in any other doctor. Thanks for the great care.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

My daughter saw him for a procedure. He told her that it would not be painful. When she told him it was extremely painful, he told her she would have to live with it. She now sees someone who is not nearly so rough, and treats her like a person.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

I found Dr. Nielsen very helpful, really took the time to answer all questions and provided a realistic outcome. Very professional and excellent beside manner.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016