Ratings for Dr. Karrie Van Middlesworth

The NP is by far the better in the practice. While Dr. KVM seems intelligent, she does not appear to be either knowledgeable, conscientious, or sympathetic; she is also often unavailable. You must do your own homework, but don't expect her to do hers, or for her to order the right tests, or follow up. Your exams could as well be conducted over the phone. My impression is that the root problem may be ageism. She has failed three older people that I know as her patients, and by old, I mean over forty. The reviews suggesting she 'checks' on unfamiliar things is completely contrary to my experience, nor does she suggest referrals. I have encountered her while on hospital duty and she made three drug errors, failed to order a test, and set a precedent for poor quality of care that had serious consequences. She may be a better doctor for young patients like her own family, but extreme bias is not acceptable in a GP.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2018

I have been a patient of Dr Vanmiddlesworth for several years now,. I've seen her a handful of times, but that's not by choice. It is nearly impossible to get an appointment without waiting for weeks. I have a complicated disease and need to be seen within a few days when I become sick. When I do get an appointment it's with the nurse practitioner, who is of no use to be because she's not able to treat me. Dr Vanmiddlesworth does not understand my disease and seems to have no desire to learn about it in order to treat me. She seems to think it's reasonable for me to drive to Saint John each time I'm sick. My family doctor that I grew up with took the time to learn about my disease and never passed me off to my specialist. If I could switch doctors I would.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2018

She is an excellent physician and the practice is only made better by having NP Rachel Cole. Most of the time now I see Rachel as my needs are mostly monitoring. Dr V's best quality is her lack of ego, she never hesitates to 'check' on something she is unfamiliar with. Both she and Rachel support a prevention model and have encouraged me to take control of my health. I feel very fortunate to have such a great team.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

I feel so fortunate to have her as my physician. She is caring and thorough for myself and my children.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2017

Doesn't keep appoints avaible for high risk pacients who need to see her urgently.Instead makes them wait weeks on end to get into see her.90% you end up seeing the nurse and shes useless. The doctor is great when you do get to see her but its like unicorn hunting to get into see her at all.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

We consider ourselves lucky to have her as our family doctor. She accepted my husband as a patient after our son was born. We can typically get in the same or next day. She is quick and to the point, allows us to ask any questions we have an answers them honestly. Zero complaints from my relatively young and healthy family.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

My family feels very fortunate to have you as our family doctor. You are professional, caring, compassionate, humorous, and willing to refer to a specialist when appropriate. Yes, there are times when you are not available but what some patients do not understand is that you are working shifts at the hospital to maintain your hospital status. That is very important to your patients who require hospitalization. It is wonderful to have your own family doctor to visit you when you are ill. Thank you for all the hours you work and for all the wonderful care you provide!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

In the 25 years I have been going to doctors regarding my fibromyalgia she has been the very best. She is very understanding and will not hesitate to run a test if I felt something else was wrong. Highly recommended and all doctors could take valuable lessons from her!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

Dr. V is an exceptional Doctor! I feel so blessed to be under her care.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Dr V is our family doc and she is excellent...very professional

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017