Ratings for Dr. William P. Cheshire

I was specifically referred to Dr Cheshire for autonomic testing due to specific symptoms and their onset, which Dr. Cheshire had no knowledge of why I was there and proceeded to miss quote me and undermine my issues in his report. Rather than actually listening to my actual chief complaint he was counting my rings and put the number of rings in the report (as well as the fact that I have a piercing and tattoos ). Even though I have a history of optic neuritis, and currently many other systems with no known cause, his only advice was to exercise ( I am barely functioning ) as he sent me on my way. Reading his report was disgusting and extremely disappointing as I was misquoted and there was a lot of misinformation that will now remain in the Mayo system likely forever.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

On the first appointment, I felt dr. Che shires was going to help me. I had already been diagnosed with POTS, but returned to Mayo 6 times for lots of tests. On the last day my final meeting with him was very disappointing and frustrating. I have been unable to function independently for 1 1/2 years and he said for me to just keep doing what I have been doing. Lots of bills, loss of work for people driving me to Mayo, ....for no help. If you have a dysautonomia, please go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

Dr. Cheshire's notes in my medical records were not what was discussed. He ordered a battery of tests I had already had done at another autonomic lab. There were 2 areas that showed abnormal that matched the findings at Cleveland's autonomic lab but per Dr Cheshire the machine must be broke. I have EM a very painful vascular/neurological disease. He discounted that to my feet were cool to the touch. I had not walked as husband pushed me in wheelchair. I have pictures documenting the EM. Could not get passport as EM "AKA burning man's disease" due to my fingerprints are not legible due to daily burning of hands. He indicated in his notes that he discussed things we did not. I went there as this was "MAYO" trying to find a neurologist. He said he could not be my neurologist. When I asked him if he could refer me to another neurologist his response was he does not know any. The neurologist that diagnosed the EM has a whole family with Adam. Only thing I got at Mayo was a bill.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

I refused to pay a $2500 bill because I went to the Mayo, from out of state, specifically for the treatment of Dysautonomia. Instead, Dr. Cheshire decided, without telling me, to run a bunch of diagnostic tests, duplicating test that had already been done at home, and that are readily available at home. He refused to answer our telephone calls questioning his schedule of appointments. After 10 days, he tricked us into taking a test that I did not want, because it makes me sick. I was wheeled out in a wheelchair afterwards, and no doctor bothered to see what happened. Dr. Cheshire is deceitful, dishonest. Watch Out! Dr. Cheshire will order a huge battery of tests, regardless of how recently you have had them already done, and he comes to no helpful conclusions. A waste of time and money. One of the worst doctors that I have ever seen.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2013

Dr. Cheshire misquoted me in his report and made sarcastic remarks based on the misquote. He predetermined that nothing as wrong with me and dismissed all testing that showed otherwise. He commented on tests preformed by other doctors, that he had not read, and said that he felt that the test were probably actually normal. The report was so inflamatory that he made my referring physician angry. My referring physician said that Dr. Cheshire has a habit of misquoting patients and misrepresenting what they have said. The report was bad enough that I am in the process of drafting a complaint with the state board of medicine. DO NOT WASTE your time or money on this physician.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2010

Dr. William P. Cheshire's Credentials

• West Virginia University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Workers Comp