Ratings for Dr. Khulood Murad

This doctor done a hysterectomy on me yrs ago and almost killed me. She cut an ovary an artery and a vien..I was bleeding internally for weeks and thanks to another doctor who saved my life..if it had been another day I would have died.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

I saw her as an on call at the er in guelph. I was having a miscarriage and not passing all the tissue so she gave me a medication to help get everything out. She was rushed and ended up giving me not even close to enough even though it is pretty standard. I had to go back to the ER and get the right dosage. So upset. I just want to move on and It's taking forever.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

I had a bad experience with this doctor. She was the obgyn on call when I delivered at the Milton hospital and I wish she had not been. I had only met her once prior to this when was 1 hr late for my appointment with her (I went to the Milton Women's Centre and you have appointments with each of the obgyn there prior to giving birth so that you at least meet them all once as whoever is on call that day delivers your baby). I had met and loved all the obgyn there but felt uneasy with Dr. Murad after our one meeting (in addition to being late, she was frazzled and had not even introduced herself to me upon entering the room and I mistook her for a nurse (She was in and out without giving me a chance to ask questions). After that meeting I figured no big deal, she might have been unprofessional because she was rushed and I figured with all the obgyns in that office, I probably wouldn't see her again. Unfortunately she was the one on call the day I went into labour and my initial fears proved to be right. When she examined me at the hospital she was cold/mechanical and actually used a what looked like a speculum to see how dilated I was which was really uncomfortable (I still think the swollen and bleeding cervix I had which slowed my labour was either partly or completely due to this). When I have asked others about this they said they have never heard of this being done with someone in labour (my water had already ruptured but initially I did not have much contractions). I was sent home and told to come back when my contractions were more regular (I just came into hospital because they told me to do so to make sure I was ok and to tell me the signs to watch for in case of possible infection as my water broke prematurely). I later came back when my contractions were 3-4mins apart. I had back labour and unfortunately was dilating very slowly. I was told that I might have to undergo a C-section if any signs of infection occurred or my labour time went over 24 hrs (since my water had already ruptured). I was in a lot of discomfort and my contractions were frequent yet they still sent me home (after making me sign paperwork which I guess was to cover themselves if something happened). I was told to come back when the "pain was unbearable" (since my contractions were already frequent and my water was already broken). I laboured at home with no pain relief for about 16-17 hrs in total. By the time I came back to the hospital my contractions were very frequent and excruciating (in addition to back labour I had shooting burning pain in both my thighs) and I was getting to the end of my rope. The nurse who saw me advised me that it would be best if I got an epidural as my cervix was too swollen and the pain would keep me from dilating further and increase my chances of a C-section. I agreed as I couldn't take it anymore by that time. The nurse was great and I am thankful for her as she really helped me out while I was at the hospital. When Dr Murad came in to see me after the epidural she had her handbag on her shoulder ready to leave and looked annoyed that she had another slow labour to deal with (I wasn't the only one that night). She just struck me as unprofessional and uncaring. She didn't even really talk to me before leaving. When I finally dilated to 10cm they called her back in. By then I had started running a fever and was now into 22 hrs of labour and had to deliver quickly as I was exhibiting signs of possible infection. The pushing itself was short (about 5 mins) but I needed an episiotomy to prevent my urethra from tearing and Dr. Murad was actually good during the delivery process. Unfortunately she totally botched my episiotomy stitches but I only found that out later on when my pain was getting worse instead of better after delivering my baby. When back at home, I needed help to get up from a chair and had difficulty walking because of pain but I figured it might be normal. By the 4th day post-partum with my pain still getting worse, I went back to the office as I figured this was not normal and saw one othe other obgyn (as I didn't want to see her again) and they told me my stitches had completely failed (I had no stitches at all and my episiotomy had completely re-opened). The obgyn that saw me actually said "oh dear..." when she saw it. My recovery from this was slow (had to be restitched and scar tissue had to be cut off and cauterized along the way on two occasions)but I finally healed over several months thanks to the care of one of the other obgyn. I opted to continue with the other obgyn at the clinic and they were wonderful and helped me through my recovery with a caring attitude. I opted not to see Dr Murad again after my delivery as my confidence in her was shaken and her bedside manner was less than adequate. I have seen that other people have given her positive reviews and I am happy for them but in my case, I was not satisfied with her care or attitude.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

I had a very pleasant experience with Dr Murad.....she had to give me a very difficult diagnosis; early menopause at age 32 due to premature ovarian failure. She was very compassionate and allowed me to take as much time as I needed to look into natural options to try and manage symptoms, etc. I will truly miss her when she starts her new position as chief of surgery at the end of 2015.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

She's not punctual, bad bed side manners, rushed, no health teaching provided, unorganized with what to do with our ivf planning, incompetent left is anxious and stressed

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

I have met with Dr Murad now three times and on all three occasions she has been 30 mins late (annoying since I work in Guelph and take extra time off for the commute). On all 3 occasions I felt rushed and I felt like before I could finish telling her whats going on she would have something to say. When I went to get my IUD in the room she did it is was filthy; pad wrappers everywhere and dirty (blood) used utensils in the sink next to the bed I was laying on, just to name a few things. Needless to say I almost puked. I was going to leave but I had waited so long for the appointment. Anyways, now that I'm done with all my vaginal issues I will not be going back.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

After receiving the results from my tests, she told me that I needed to make a decision right then. I said I needed to do my own research & talk to my husband. She continued to push me to make a decision in 24 hours (my results were NOT life-threatening). I decided to seek a 2nd opinion. It has been more than 2 months since I met with her and she has yet to follow up with me. The new gyno that I am now seeing is fantastic. I would never go back to Murad again. She rushed me and pressured me. The treatment options she gave me were severe and unnecessary.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

I was certainly nervous and anxious going in to my appointment. Dr. Murad is clearly efficient; so it may appear that the time in her office is rushed. But I found her to be personable enough, she answered my questions and moved on to what needs to happen next. I ended up feeling less stressed by the time I left; so for me it was a positive experience.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2014

Very rushed. Never took the time to discuss anything. Spent time on her cell phone instead of on our appointment. Actually had me perform GBS swab in bathroom at 34 weeks pregnant instead of her doing it. Although she had handled a previous miscarriage the year before wonderfully and compasionatly. I was completely shocked and unhappy with my treatment during this pregnancy and delivery. She actually the nursing staff administer the drip in order to speed up my labour so she wouldn't have to be at the hospital late. I don't recommend her at all. She may have the knowledge and education but certainly not the human element.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014

She is lovely and shows great concern for her patients. I would recommend her to my friends. She helped me with fibroids on my uterus and I am a pet i menopause woman.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2014