Ratings for Dr. Christiaan Van Der Westhuizen

Dr Van Der Westhuizen was filling in for my regular doctor in Ponoka, AB, for a few weeks. He is relaxed and really listens to his patients and is willing to try different tests and medications to figure out what the real problem is and will actually help. I have autoimmune conditions and chronic lyme disease so there are quite a few systems going awry in my body. I haven't felt comfortable dealing with any mainstream GP for chronic disease before Dr Van Der Westhuizen. Too bad he doesn't live here!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2015

Very comfortable with Dr. "West" I came into Emergency at the hospital in Oliver and as an out of towner, I felt at ease with him. Very thorough and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2012

The best doctor in osoyoos. Dr.West is very nice and he is always in time,

flag | Submitted February 6, 2011

Dr. "West" makes you feel comfortable right away and appears to really care about you and your health issues. He is very thorough and follows up after tests, etc. are requested. Highly Recommend

flag | Submitted June 8, 2009

Dr. "West" is an excellent GP. You don't feel "rushed" in his office. He is very thorough and doesn't hesitate to order tests or to refer when necessary. He may well have saved my life by his attention to test results

flag | Submitted November 24, 2008

Very efficient and puntual. I like his directness in dealing with patients, tells it like it is. Does not hesitate to refer to a specialist or look up additional information when necessary.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2007

Dr. West (as he is known locally)is very capable and thorough in his examinations. He doesn't hesitate to prescribe tests and to arrange specialist referrals. He is very personable and I have found him to be very interested in his patients. He listens to what I have to say and will either agree or explain why he doesn't agree with what I have offered. In my case, he prompted me to make a significant lifestyle change which, I am happy to say, has helped me to become far healthier than heretofore. I highly recommend Dr. Chris van der Westhuizen.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2007