You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Michael Kogon

This Doctor never showed up to my schedule surgery at the hospital. Waited and waited and was already minutes from being sedated....no explanation.... no calls from his office to apologize ..........just left me hanging in the pre-op room . For the best any ways I guess ... I found a more qualified surgeon and was real pleased with the outcome. everything has a reason in life........ His office staff is just awful and extremely arrogant....Not a fan of him nor his office staff........

Submitted March 19, 2016

Dr. Kogon is an EXCELLENT specialist and very thorough with his patients. On the other hand the front office staff leaves A LOT to be desired. I realize that it's a busy office, but that shouldn't be their motto to down play the administration. When you call the office (which I dread) you can never reach anyone; if you leave a message on their voicemail, you don't get a call back. I find that communication doesn't seem to be a priority, for any business, anymore, and this is unacceptable in the medical industry. To run a successful business you need competant and ample amount of staff.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

I had an excellent experience with Dr. Kogon. I found that he and his staff were very thorough and compassionate when I had my prostate biopsy. I was impressed by the instructions verbal and written before and after. I would definitely recommend him to my friends who will inevitably get the same problems as I have.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

Vasectomy - painless procedure, quick recovery, highly recommended

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

DR Kogon is Awesome he saved my life with the rest of the OR team at the hospital keep up the great work. Now I can see my child grow up TWO THUMBS UP thank you R

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

Doctor Kogon is rather good and knowledgeable, but his assistant Maria is rude and impatient all the time. Her favourite phrase is "our office is very busy!" When you are coming for your appoinment made in advance, you have to wait for HOURS to be accepted. My guess is that if doctor's assistant can not organize busy office work, she is not good enough, and it's high time to think about changing carrier!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

Dr Kogon is an excellent doctor,I have been in his care for close to a year and under gone a number of procedures. He is extremely knowledgeable and very caring. I visited a number of other doctors who were unable to diagnose the reason for the extreme pain that I was experiencing .Dr Kogon was able to diagnose the reason for this pain during one visit to his clinic. I found his staff and in particular his assistant , Maria , to be efficient and polite and always very accommodating. Gerald

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

If not for the latest events, I would probably not even bother rating Dr. Kogon. For the past couple of years my father was Dr. Kogon's patient and everything would have been fine if my father agreed to the surgery Dr. Kogon was suggesting. On the same appointment as my father, who is 75, declined the operation, Dr. Kogon removed tubes inserted into my father's kidneys with one stroke, simply yanking them out (which made my father almost faint from pain. The tubes are attached internally to kidneys through needles and tubes sticking out into external bags to drain kidneys). Only people that went through that would understand the frustration when you have to fight the doctor who cannot prove the disease but only going by assumptions. Another case was when my father’s kidneys started bleeding and he was admitted to McKenzie General hospital (in Richmond Hill). CT scan was done and my father was diagnosed with urinal canals’ cancer on the spot and kidneys tubes (again) were inserted to drain kidneys. A few days later my father was admitted to another hospital AGAIN (this is second time in 2 weeks). CT scan done AGAIN and my father was diagnosed with an acute case of appendicitis (situation would have been ironical, if it wasn’t sad). Not one urologist (surgeons, not less) assigned to my father, diagnosed him with anything close to this, or even suggested that, causing more pain than relief by inserting tubes and putting him through some very unpleasant moments of being diagnosed with urine canals’ cancer and very limited time to live (literally a couple of days at most). By the way, no biopsy was done to get any of the cancers confirmed (neither kidneys (which is not an option and we are aware of this) or urinal canals). I might not be a doctor or possess medical expertise, but I do know that it is highly unprofessional delivering unproven diagnosis to the patients and forcing patients into surgeries (parts of body removed) by any means. Have doctors forgotten about the Hippocratic Oath they’ve taken? Or life just became nothing but business for some people. Watching this definitely makes me want to stay away from any doctor possible in the future. Being narrow-minded is unacceptable for a surgeon of the virtue Dr. Kogon claims to be. He might be a fine specialist and a really good surgeon, but he does not succeed in attitude towards his patients who refuse to play along. I know this review won’t make much of a change, just wanted to share my opinion on some acclaimed specialists out there.

Submitted November 14, 2014

Dr. Kogon, though young for his age, is extremely knowledgable, caring and shows tact. He takes the time to throughly explain everything and doesn't just rush you out like others. I sometimes have a difficult time getting through to the office by phone but when I do his staff is wonderful. His secretary Maria is one of the kindest I’ve ever dealt with, both her and her assistant are very accommodating and like the Dr, very thorough. He quickly diagnosed my problem and I have been seeing him for check-up visits for about 2 years now. I can honestly say that Dr. Kogon and his office are very organized and reliable. It’s one thing having a good Dr. but to be in good hands with the staff as well, provides an exceptional experience. I am grateful for his expertise and highly recommended him as a urologist.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

flag | Submitted August 23, 2014

Dr. Michael Kogon's Credentials

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This Doctor never showed up to my schedule surgery at the hospital. Waited and waited and was already minutes from being sedated....no explanation.... no c..."

March 19, 2016
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kogon is an EXCELLENT specialist and very thorough with his patients. On the other hand the front office staff leaves A LOT to be desired. I realize that ..."

March 8, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had an excellent experience with Dr. Kogon. I found that he and his staff were very thorough and compassionate when I had my prostate biopsy. I was impress..."

December 22, 2015
  • Phone Number has been updated from "(905) 615-0500" to "905-832-8428".

July 21, 2015
  • Phone Number has been updated from "" to "(905) 615-0500".

June 16, 2015
  • Suite has been updated from "None" to "". Phone Number has been updated from "19056150500" to "".

June 16, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://drmichaelkogon.com" to "http://www.myvisioncare.ca/". Postal Code has been updated from "L4B0" to "L4Z 1H8". Address has been updated from "None" to "2 Robert Speck Parkway". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "19056150500".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Vasectomy - painless procedure, quick recovery, highly recommended"

April 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "DR Kogon is Awesome he saved my life with the rest of the OR team at the hospital keep up the great work. Now I can see my child grow up TWO THUMBS UP ..."

April 22, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Doctor Kogon is rather good and knowledgeable, but his assistant Maria is rude and impatient all the time. Her favourite phrase is "our office is very busy!" W..."

February 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Kogon is an excellent doctor,I have been in his care for close to a year and under gone a number of procedures. He is extremely knowledgeable and very caring..."

February 2, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "If not for the latest events, I would probably not even bother rating Dr. Kogon. For the past couple of years my father was Dr. Kogon's patient and everything w..."

November 14, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kogon, though young for his age, is extremely knowledgable, caring and shows tact. He takes the time to throughly explain everything and doesn't just rush y..."

November 12, 2014