Ratings for Dr. Michelle Goecke

At the age of 77 I was diagnosed with breast cancer. Dr Goecke successfully performed a full mastectomy. Italian being my first language, my English is not very good, however Dr Goecke made me feel comfortable by being patient, a good listener and attentive to my concerns, explaining everything very well before my operation and after. I found her to be very professional and I don’t hesitate to recommend Dr Goecke to any woman with breast cancer.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

I went to see Dr Goecke about an abdominal hernia. On the first visit she felt the hernia and assessed the size. She wanted to get a CT. Scan to confirm exact location. When it did not show up on the scan she dismissed it as "some muscle or something in my back and recommended Spanx"! I have since seen another doctor in Vancouver who operated to repair several abdominal muscle wall tears. Because of her incompetence I had to put up with the pain for over a year longer than needed to be. Her attitude was very glib. Would never recommend her to anyone. Only deals with what the obvious.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

Dr. Goecke operated on me to repair a misshapen navel and incisional hernia caused by an earlier lap-appy a year ago. It has only been 1 week since surgery and I am healing beautifully. The repair she performed is miraculous--I had thought my navel would never look normal again but she did an incredible job. I am so grateful for her skills and expertise and most of all for the way she really listened to my concerns. She is a wonderful Dr. and surgeon.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2017

Dr.Goecke made a 3" incision on my shoulder & pulled out a lipoma the size of a hockey puck ... but within 6 months you cant even tell which shoulder it is! She even tolerated all my nonsensical questions and was very patient with me. Good job!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

I had a lumpectomy and node removal with Dr. Goecke. I found her to be professional, kind and through. I felt very confident in her. It is 1 week post surgery and I am very pleased with the healing process and scar visibility. My surgery was done at the New West. Surgical Clinic, the care, compassion and kindness from all the staff the minute you walked through the door was beyond exceptional. I would highly recommend Dr. Goecke😊

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

Dr. Goecke did my appendectomy after it ruptured. She did my surgery nearly two weeks after it happened and following misdiagnosis from my GP and all help I sought. She even made an effort to keep my incision small so I could go traveling as I'd planned. I can't understand how there are any negative reviews for her. More doctors and medical professionals need to act on facts and act as professionally as she does.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

Dr Goecke performed life saving emergency surgery in my father 8 years ago. She is professional, thorough and explains everything very clearly. Now she is doing a scheduled elective surgery on my husband and our family could not be happier or more confident knowing that he is in the best of hands with Dr Goecke. She took all of the time we needed to explain everything abut his procedure and answer all of our questions.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

Had my gall bladder removed, and must say from beginning to end Dr. Goecke was awesome thats all I can say. Did I say awesome.....lol.... yeah I highly recommend her. I may retract this statement if she really hurts me pulling out my stitches though...lol.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

Dr. Goecke performed emergency perforated colon surgery on me. She was very attentive to all my questions following the surgery. Excellent doctor and surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2014

Dr Goecke is a wonderful doctor, she did my husbands Gall bladder surgery ,she made sure both my husband and I understood the proceedure and the aftercare , I would highly recommend her

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014