Ratings for Dr. Charles Friend

This man is a very good doctor, I know his family very well. He isn't what all these people say he is, he doesn't act like he doesn't have time for you, he just really doesn't have time for you! Look, most doctors will prescribe you something yes, but most of those doctors who do that don't have as much experience as this man so yes, I am saying they are not bright. Dr. Friend is a very good doctor some people just get on his nerves because of all the stupidity he has to put up with every day at work, so before you say something bad about this man, think of what you did to him first.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

Horrible. Do not go here. I would go to the ER before I would ever return

flag | Submitted April 8, 2013

This office is highly unorganized!It was a routine checkup for my 2 kids.Ages 1&3.He acted like he was to busy to see me.I had to wait 2 HOURS to be seen!So,pretty much,2 hours of MY TIME is only worth 3min and 35sec of HIS TIME!Thats how long he was in the room.And what made this even worse was that when we got there,I saw 3 people in waiting room. 1 got called back with in 10min of me walking in.The other 2 people got so pissed they walked about 1hour later.So if I was the only 1 there..WTF took so long?Finally,in the apt,the kids quickly checked out fine.But when I started asking about updating their shots,he wasn't sure when they would need them(ok,it makes since for moms to not remember what ages shots are to be given,but a Dr should know!)So he comes back in with a peice of paper outlining the immunization schedual.And without pulling records,he told me i was wrong,and the kids were fine.When I got to another Dr 6-7mon later,they were BEHIND Sched and needed 6-7 shots EACH!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2011

This man is a terrible doctor. I have been going to this clinic for years before he came with no troubles at all, and have had a long-term medication prescribed from them for years. When he came in, he insisted on trying to change the medication, forcing me to come in three times in two weeks to finally get my proper prescription (and charging me for all three)! He spent barely two minutes with me each time, and every time since, even though I had other problems to ask about (once was an ear infection, which I had to go to a different doctor for). The rates of the clinic have gone through the roof since he arrived (they've quadrupled), and he will only prescribe the medication I've had for years for three months instead of the six every previous doctor has had, attempting to force me to come in more often. In the two or three minutes he IS in the room, talking to him about my health is nearly impossible, since he's too busy talking about books he likes and trips he's been on.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2011

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!! My child and I had to experience Dr. Friend recently! He of course asked what was the problem, & as I explained my child's scalp issue he cut me off. I told him that no matter how much oil(grease) I put on her scalp by the end of the day her scalp is completely white & dry. Also, it has become very irritated. His question to me was "why are you putting grease in her hair?" I replied, b/c we are African American! He said "No, you don't have to put oil in her hair...it's a cultural thing b/c people in Africa don't have to put oil in their hair!" WTF!!!!! He didn't prescribe her anything b/c he said he couldn't get formula right, and referred her to dermatology. Which would take about a month to get her in. I left with my child in toe & vowed not to go back there again! I called back & told them to cancel the dermo referral, & and I would have us reinstated on base. He is the WORST DOCTOR I have ever had!!! Horrible bedside manner & highly offensive!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2010

Dr. Charles Friend's Credentials

• The University Of Health Sciences, College Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Kaiser-Permanente