Ratings for Dr. Muftah Mohamed

If you get this Doctor, do yourself a favour and switch to someone else immediately. As mentioned in other comments, zero compassion, he is always at least one hour past appointment time. And if your coming from rural MB in to see him, you better double check appointment times and triple check that he has test results before the drive. I drove an elderly family member to him, 5 hour drive for him to say he couldn't do anything. No calls ahead of time, and the blame is always put back on the patient. Do not let your elderly family members see him alone, he will walk all over them. This man should have been a Farm Vet instead of a doctor, because he literally won't have anything to say to you after a life or death surgery, he would have been much better suited for working on livestock, with all these comments on here...maybe he should make a career move.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

My mom had a rare form of stomach cancer. He operated and she lived. He was professional and courteous. There are no words to express my gratitude! I had seen another surgeon for a hernia and asked for a second opinion with Dr. Mohamed. He adjusted the dosage on my meds and recommended me for immediate surgery. I had surgery 8 days ago and I feel wonderful for the first time in 5 long years! His staff is great too. If he is running behind they will let you know and give you an alternate time. His Physician's Assistant was an absolute pleasure. I don't remember his name as I was still under the influence of anesthetic but I will always remember his great conduct!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Had a gastroscopy and he did not wait until sedative kicked in. Gagged through the entire procedure and almost got sick.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

We waited with my sister for an hour and a half to have a 5 minute appointment with this very rude man. She had a blur on a CT Scan if her lung. He blurted out to her it was Stage 4 cancer, it had spread to her bones and maybe her brain. He said there was no use for surgery and could only be treated with chemo and radiation. She asked if it was in her lymph nodes, he said that doesn't matter as it was already in her bones. He asked if we had any questions, we were too shocked to even think of anything.... we got up and went to talk to the girl at the front desk, he walked out to his car and left. NO COMPASSION at all.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

This surgeon makes mistakes that put people at risk. He makes excuses for his mistakes and does not take responsibility. We would never agree to have him do surgery again. He does not care about the pain his patient is experiencing. He is rude to his staff as well as clients. He needs to be evaluated by his superiors.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2016

I would trust my life with my veterinary before I would have this doctor touch me. He is very incompetent.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

My wife had minor surgery which turned into a major nightmare which almost took her life. Thanks to a quick team of doctors and nurses arriving, everything turned out fine. Dr Mohamed didn't give my wife enough anesthetic and she was in terrible pain. She told him so and he didn't do anything. She fainted from the pain and her heart rate fell dramatically. Avoid this doctor at all cost!!

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

I recently had ,major surgery,removal of my esophagus due to cancer, Dr.Mohamed was excellent. Everything was explained to me on what to expect after surgery. He was very thorough and he came and seen me every day for a month and follow up appointments, he was great. I'd recommend him to anyone needing his services. Thank you Dr. Mohamed.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

He did my Cholecystectomy (gall bladder removal) and...I don't know how the complaints below can be attributed to him. I'm a guy so I don't need a Doctor to coddle me. He came in, told me my GB has got to go and gave a short explanation of what they were going to do. I was in rough shape and he could see it so the chit-chat was minimal. Two months post-op and I'm feelin' fine. If I have to complain about something, it's the loud student nurses in the hospital. They were so obnoxious a post-op 90 y/o man got out of his bed to shut the door.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Yup, this Doctor's professionalism is up for a review all right. For anyone who has any issues should immediately address these to The Manitoba College of Physicians & Surgeons to file to their Complaints Department. You will learn your rights as a patient and if it involves a non medical issue, certainly direct to the Manitoba Ombudsman office. Every patient has a right to know what is in their medical file and should seek requesting this. You will be amazed what is contained or what you won't find. When he smiles telling his patient the prognosis of tests or procedures, that the issue is in fact serious to turn around and say to see in FIVE years demonstrates absolute call for investigations. I say the comments speak for themselves and am horrified to learn other's had very serious negative experiences! In general the majority of doctors & specialists in Brandon are not practicing medicine in good faith, rather something beyond. It may just boil down to political and long term for baby boomers be left to die to pave way that the Government does not have to provide long term medical care. ie. Senior Homes

flag | Submitted January 28, 2015