Ratings for Dr. F Halbert

When I popped the tendon to my thumb the emergency room doctor assumed it was a pulled muscle and sent me home with a prescription. My family doctor sent me to Dr. Halbert. I was in Dr. Halbert 's examining room for less than 30 seconds when he said "You have a ruptured tendon" and told me the date & time of my surgery. When I asked him how he knew so quickly he showed me a quick & simple test. There's nothing else like finding that you are in the care of someone who knows what they are doing. And he sews well, too. When I was at my family doctor for followup and the nurse removed the dressing she & my wife (also a nurse) spent a couple of minutes oohing & ahing over how beautiful the stitches were.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

This Dr., without having looked at two forms of diagnostic imaging nor the accompanying medical reports, started to offer complete repair and the method he was going to use. He only looked at the imaging after I insisted on it. He still did not offer any other advice other than to cut. While in the OR he still wanted to do the entire thing, again without having the images available. I persisted and had him do only a biopsy, the results of which are questionable because he quite likely missed the specified site. We are waiting for the OR report.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

I had an accident earlier in the year and Dr. Halbert rebuild my face bones with great results, nothing visible from outside. he is very nice and comforting as well. I am very thankful and would highly recommend him. the only issue was scheduling with the hospital-had to reschedule multiple times.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2013

I had a serious accident with a woodworking machine, and was told by staff at two hospitals,and one plastic surgeon that I would most likely lose two fingers. Dr Halbert saved both fingers. They are both fully usable, one is almost 100%. A few months after the accident and I have returned to doing everything that I was doing before, with no restrictions. In my opinion he is a great surgeon and a really decent person. I will always be grateful to him.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

Extremly good results from surgery.Very positive feed back from all other healthcare workers I encountered during my treatment with him.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2012

Amazing Doctor!Gold hands and very nice personality.He is very good with details and always find rigth solution for you.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2011

Dr. Halbert saved my carrer...as I am a hairstylist....i cut the tendon and nerves to my right hand...when I was given the ok to go back to work...everything seemed back to normal...have never had any re-occuring pain or problems...Amazing Doctor and is highly recomended...Thanks again!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2011

Did an amazing job. I would recommened him for any surgery. He gave me my hand back when I laccerated my right tendond main artery and 2 main nervers were gone. Now i can still reach my dreams.What an amazing surgeon, Orillia is so lucky to have him.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2010

Dr. Halbert made me feelvery at ease. He is kind and skilled. Surgery complete success with no problems.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2010

Repair was excellent. Quiet, not forthcoming with information

flag | Submitted May 5, 2010