Ratings for Dr. John D. Powderly

I have been going to this doctor for the last 4 years. I enjoyed going there but over the last year there has been alot of staff changes which makes me wonder what is going on, especially here recently. I am in the process of finding another Oncologist whoms office is more stable. He orders alot of expensive test that are not necessary and doesn't even check to see if it is covered by the insurance. I would not recommend going to this MD, he seems too MONEY HUNGRY!!!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2012

Dr. Powderly is not "in-network" with many standard insurance carriers, including my own. However since my issues were quite complicated, I thought that seeing him would be worth the out-of-pocket money, as he supposedly specializes in investigating difficult-to-diagnose and treat cases. Unfortunately, all his expensive testing resulted in no real answers, but only created more questions. Ultimately, I had to travel to a major cancer center to receive evaluation. They questioned all of his testing as excessive and unnecessary. In the end, I wasted ALOT of time, effort and money seeing this doctor!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2010

Dr. John D. Powderly's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1995)