Dr. Brian B. Carpenter

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Brian B. Carpenter

Dr Carpenter is a man of God and is a blessing to our community. My husband saw him 2 years ago and has a total mess of a foot from an accident. Dr Carpenter told him it could be improved but never the was it was before the accident. He told him to live with it until he knew it was time to be fixed. He had us do many things without surgery and he has had a pain free couple of years. 2 weeks ago it really started hurting him and he said it is time to get it fixed. When I called to make my husband an appointment to see Dr Carpenter I found out he is currently out of the office due to health reasons. As God is always in charge my husband and I went to a new church this week and saw Dr Carpenter and his children. He came over and spoke to us by name and asked how my husband was doing. I was totally taken back at his caring and love for us. He spent over 15 minutes talking to my husband and recommended another surgeon for him to go to. When we called that doctor's office I was shocked that Dr Carpenter had already called their office and spoke with the doctor and they got us an appointment this week. Dr Early seems to be an awesome doctor and reiterated our feelings about Dr Carpenter as well. He is truly a great man, amazing doctor and a strong Christian. He is the kind of man all of us mothers dream of our daughters marrying. My prayers are with him to make a full recovery.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

Great doctor, I have seen him for years. Just found out he is suffering from a illness. I wish him a speedy recovery as we all need him. Saw one of his partners and just doesn't come close

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

Dr Carpenter has taken care of and done surgery on several members of my family. He is the most compassionate and caring doctor and man I have ever met. He truly cares about everybody and is a very Christian man. A friend of mine broke her ankle and tried to go see him and was told he is out on medical leave. I pray he gets well and returns to work because it is a great loss to everyone if he cannot.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

Dr carpenter did my ingrown toe nail. It was a quick painless procedure I was amazed I had heard all these horror stories but it was painless and over with in minutes with no residual pain.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

Dr. Carpenter is the epitome of professionalism and a pleasure to work with.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

The nicest doctor I have ever met. He is just a down to earth person with great knowledge and great surgeon

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

I was a little apprehensive after having 2 foot surgeries when Dr Alling referred me Dr Carpenter. I was so wrong. I should have asked Dr Alling who to see before I had the first 2 surgeries. Dr Carpenter is the most knowledgeable doctor I have ever met. He is so real and without the typical attitude you have with doctors. He listened and spent a lot of time explaining. Unfortunately he couldn't correct the mess that was created with my first 2 surgeries without surgery but since the surgery I low have no pain. My kids are so thankful that I can once again be active with them. Thank you for helping me regain my activities I wanted to do.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2014

I was referred to him by another foot and ankle specialist. I really thought I wasnt going to be able to be active again but now have no pain. A bad car wreck destroyed my ankle and just couldn't function. He replaced my ankle joint and my life is now back to normal. Thank you to Dr Followill that referred me and to Dr Carpenter for his skill and caring

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

Great visit and honest doctor. Really can relate to everybody. He is amazing

flag | Submitted September 10, 2014

I went to an initial appointment and had an xray of my foot. Dr Carpenter suspected a lisfranc injury and said he would order a MRI and his staff would come in to see me and set it up. A staff member came in and said my insurance would have to approve and it would take 3 days - therefore the MRI was scheduled approx 7 days later. I had to totally rearrange my schedule to fit the appointment in; it was to be a Weds at 10am. When I arrived, they said they had been trying to call me, but DR Carpenters office had given them the wrong number ( two of the digits were transposed) so they could not reach me, but he had forgotten to request the MRI and he was on vacation, so they were unable to reach him. I left the MRI facility, and tried to call the office but was on hold for a long while, so hung up. My DR appt to read and follow up from the MRI was to be the following Monday so DR Carpenter's office called to confirm the appt the Friday before. I explained the appt was to be the follow up but the Dr's office did not do their part in scheduling the MRI so I had not had the procedure. No apology. No offer to check on what happened. Just "so does that mean you want to cancel"? "Well yes, I said. My appointment was made to read the MRI the Doctor had ordered, but when I went in they said he was on vacation and did not order it. So surely he wouldn't want me to come in, right?" Again, she said "So you want to cancel?" Meanwhile, the MRI facility calls back to reschedule. I think if it wasn't for them following up with the DR , it never would have been rescheduled in the first place. I had the MRI done, then tried to call for a follow up appt. I was put on hold for over 5 minutes. i called again after the Labor Day Holiday and asked for an appt, but now they cannot see me for 3 weeks. i told the staff lady who sets the appointments what transpired over the past few weeks. She said nothing. All I would want to hear is " I apologize for that" We will take good care of you." that would have been great customer service.. But instead, my comments were met with silence. Really unprofessional, seemingly unknowlegable staff and customer service.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2014

Dr. Brian B. Carpenter

Dr. Brian B. Carpenter's response
I am so sorry that this patient wasn't happy with the service. What isn't said here is that all of this occurred because of lack of his insurance covering the MRI without him paying a high deductible.

Submitted March 13, 2017

Dr. Brian B. Carpenter's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Brian B. Carpenter, DPM, received his undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas, and his podiatric medical degree from the Pennsylvania College of Podiatric Medicine in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. His surgical training was completed at The Cambridge Hospital in Cambridge, MA, which is affiliated with Harvard Medical School. Dr. Carpenter's fellowship was completed at the Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, WA, and a Mini Fellowship in Plastic Surgery with Dr. Francis Wolfort in Boston. Dr. Carpenter has published numerous academic articles and book chapters and has presented his research at national conferences and is a international speaker. He possesses extensive academic and clinical experience in Foot and Ankle Reconstruction and Trauma. He is a Past President of The Texas Podiatric Medical Association. He is the Director of Podiatric Residency Training and Chairman of the Division of Podiatry at John Peter Smith Hospital in Ft. Worth, TX. He is a Fellow with the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons with Certifications in Foot and Reconstructive Rearfoot/Ankle Surgery. He practices within the Orthopaedic Department at John Peter Smith Hospital in Ft. Worth Texas. B.S. Biomedical Science, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas, 1989; D.P.M. Doctor of Podiatric Medicine, Pennsylvania College of Podiatric Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, 1994.

• Spanish

• Pennsylvania College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1994)

• Broken ankle/broken foot