Ratings for Dr. Michael Nikolakis

The best specialist I have ever seen. Brilliant, gentle and kind.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

I came in to RCH with a brain tumor and severe hydrocephalus. Dr. Nikolakis and his amazing team saved my life. Thank you for everything you have done for me!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

Had the operation just over a year ago and the difference is remarkable. I had forgotten what it was like to be pain free. Cant thank you enough.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

He saved my life. I will always be grateful. Thank you Dr. nikolakis!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

Doctor Nikolakis completed a disk fusion surgery for me in early December 2015 due to an old powerlifting injury. He performed the surgery through three small incisions to minimize the muscle trauma. I was walking the same day of the surgery and within a week I was walking many kilometers. The nurses thought I was crazy as I required no pain killers. I was back with light workouts within six weeks and into a regular workout routine after 3 months. It has now been more than 6 months post-op and I am back to my old strength and fully engaged in some golf, rowing and road biking. I just finished my first 100K ride since the surgery. I would highly recommend this doctor and was very impressed with his level of care and compassion. He takes the time to fully explain the pros and cons of the alternatives. I just can’t say enough about his level of outstanding service. He certainly benefits the delivery of health services in the province.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

Dr Nikolakis quite simply saved my life .After several years of misdiagnoses & so many medications ,he discovered my TN & got me into surgery within months !!! I truly wouldn't be here today if not for him . Thank you doesn't cover the amount of gratitude I have for this amazing man . Erin .

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

We are so very grateful to have this wonderful doctor who has helped us with two of our kids!! He is extremely intelligent, thoughtful, and kind. If it wasn't for him, our son would be wheelchair bound. Because of him, both our daughter and our son are able to participate in sports again. He teaches you all about your condition and is patient and doesn't rush you. He is genuine. We are lucky to have him here and you are in good hands with Dr Nikolakis!! He is truly amazing and his MOA is kind and so helpful!!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

Dr. Nikolakis is exemplary in every way. He combines incredible knowledge and skill with an impeccable bedside manner. When a scary thing like a brain tumor is discovered in your head, it is so relieving to have Dr. Nikolakis in charge. His manner and approach made me feel well-cared for. He was also great with my husband and kids. I would highly recommend him to anyone who finds themselves needing a neurosurgeon.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2016

I was very pleased with Dr. Nikolakis he wasted no time explaining to me about my nerve damage in my arm and hand due to spinal damage he was very thorough going over the procedure that will require surgery .Normally there's a 3 month or more waiting list for this surgery but Dr. Nikolakis decided to label my back as a urgent procedure and I'm so grateful that he was able to get me in this weekend only 3 days away you don't usual hear that too often these days ,so kudos to Dr. Nikolakis for making this possible .

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

If he hadn't operated on me I would of been in a wheelchair. Even tho I ha some side affects he brought me through that great surgery. Gloss bless him

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016