Ratings for Dr. Michael Nikolakis

Waiting Room like a train station in Bangladesh. Placed in examination room and left there for 45 minutes. Will never go back. Not patient centred environment. Did not see Doctor. Appears to have double and triple booked patients.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

Dr. Nikolakis is a great doctor and really listens to what you have to say. I can't say the same for his receptionist. The phones are NEVER answered - even my family doctor complains about it. Messages are never returned. And, when she cancels your appointment she tells you she called but she never did. Worst specialist receptionist I have ever encountered and very frustrating for a patient who has been waiting a call back to schedule an appointment for 6 months and finally gets it only to have it changed 2 times and then cancelled. This is not what we expect from a doctor's office in Canada. Courtesy works both ways.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

He is absolutely amazing! I'm only 22 and had a very large disc herniation due to a gym injury and after many misdiagnosis's (because I'm so young no doctor really wanted to believe me) and extreme pain I was dealing with, he was the only one that was kind enough to help me. I am now a week and a half post-op and never felt better and couldn't be more thankful for him and his entire team for their vast amount of knowledge and bed side manners. Everything was done on time with no delays and they all made sure I wasn't even a bit nervous going into the OR and was very well taken care of post surgery too. I would highly recommend Dr. Nikolakis! You couldn't be in better hands!!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

I dont think he really knows what he is doing The sweettalking is a cover up His recommendation for not doing surgery was in retrospect absurd Two years later, at my insurance co. request, i saw another surgeon He recommended a cervical fusion and i did it Now i am fine Wasted 2 yrs

flag | Submitted December 17, 2016

Highly skilled, a very conscientious listener and communicator. Top surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

The best specialist I have ever seen. Brilliant, gentle and kind.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

I came in to RCH with a brain tumor and severe hydrocephalus. Dr. Nikolakis and his amazing team saved my life. Thank you for everything you have done for me!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

Had the operation just over a year ago and the difference is remarkable. I had forgotten what it was like to be pain free. Cant thank you enough.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

He saved my life. I will always be grateful. Thank you Dr. nikolakis!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

Doctor Nikolakis completed a disk fusion surgery for me in early December 2015 due to an old powerlifting injury. He performed the surgery through three small incisions to minimize the muscle trauma. I was walking the same day of the surgery and within a week I was walking many kilometers. The nurses thought I was crazy as I required no pain killers. I was back with light workouts within six weeks and into a regular workout routine after 3 months. It has now been more than 6 months post-op and I am back to my old strength and fully engaged in some golf, rowing and road biking. I just finished my first 100K ride since the surgery. I would highly recommend this doctor and was very impressed with his level of care and compassion. He takes the time to fully explain the pros and cons of the alternatives. I just can’t say enough about his level of outstanding service. He certainly benefits the delivery of health services in the province.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016