Ratings for Dr. Michael Nikolakis

Doctor Nikolakis completed a disk fusion surgery for me in early December 2015 due to an old powerlifting injury. He performed the surgery through three small incisions to minimize the muscle trauma. I was walking the same day of the surgery and within a week I was walking many kilometers. The nurses thought I was crazy as I required no pain killers. I was back with light workouts within six weeks and into a regular workout routine after 3 months. It has now been more than 6 months post-op and I am back to my old strength and fully engaged in some golf, rowing and road biking. I just finished my first 100K ride since the surgery. I would highly recommend this doctor and was very impressed with his level of care and compassion. He takes the time to fully explain the pros and cons of the alternatives. I just can’t say enough about his level of outstanding service. He certainly benefits the delivery of health services in the province.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

Dr Nikolakis quite simply saved my life .After several years of misdiagnoses & so many medications ,he discovered my TN & got me into surgery within months !!! I truly wouldn't be here today if not for him . Thank you doesn't cover the amount of gratitude I have for this amazing man . Erin .

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

We are so very grateful to have this wonderful doctor who has helped us with two of our kids!! He is extremely intelligent, thoughtful, and kind. If it wasn't for him, our son would be wheelchair bound. Because of him, both our daughter and our son are able to participate in sports again. He teaches you all about your condition and is patient and doesn't rush you. He is genuine. We are lucky to have him here and you are in good hands with Dr Nikolakis!! He is truly amazing and his MOA is kind and so helpful!!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

Dr. Nikolakis is exemplary in every way. He combines incredible knowledge and skill with an impeccable bedside manner. When a scary thing like a brain tumor is discovered in your head, it is so relieving to have Dr. Nikolakis in charge. His manner and approach made me feel well-cared for. He was also great with my husband and kids. I would highly recommend him to anyone who finds themselves needing a neurosurgeon.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2016

I was very pleased with Dr. Nikolakis he wasted no time explaining to me about my nerve damage in my arm and hand due to spinal damage he was very thorough going over the procedure that will require surgery .Normally there's a 3 month or more waiting list for this surgery but Dr. Nikolakis decided to label my back as a urgent procedure and I'm so grateful that he was able to get me in this weekend only 3 days away you don't usual hear that too often these days ,so kudos to Dr. Nikolakis for making this possible .

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

If he hadn't operated on me I would of been in a wheelchair. Even tho I ha some side affects he brought me through that great surgery. Gloss bless him

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016

Both my husband and myself have had spinal surgery performed by Dr. Nikolakis. You couldn't find a better surgeon. He truly cares about his patients, is very knowledgeable and explains all the pros and cons of the needed surgery. We highly recommend him. I would trust him with my life.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

Fabulous doctor who really knows his stuff. He takes the time to explain everything you need to know in a way that's understandable. I didn't feel rushed or looked over. He really is a great doctor. Great looking staff too!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

My father just broke his spine in T12. Doctor was very friendly and able to show the options for my father. Doctor explains the operation in very detail. Just after he finish the operation, he told me the lastest news for the surgery. For someone who is waiting outside the operation room, this action makes me feel really good. After the operation, Doctor was drop by the hospital room to check my father's recovery condition 2 days after surgery. This doctor shows care of patient and patient's family before and after surgery. He is the best doctor i have met.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

I had a back surgery done in June of 2011 by Dr. Chan and it did help but over the next few years it got worse and I saw Dr. Heran who referred me to Dr, Nikolakis. It was an amazing experience, He was thorough and went into alot of detail about my options. Keep in mind Dr Heran had arranged for a Cat scan to confirm their diagnosis well in advance of the apointment. It was apparent that I needed 3 disc area's operated on not just one. surgery was arranged and within a few months. I had surgery in Eagle Ridge Hospital. I was admitted at 8am and by 4pm my wife helped me out to my truck. I started the process of healing, a much better experience than before. After a three week healing period I started swimming again. It Takes a full year to totally heal from back surgery and I'm now at ten months since my last one and I feel much better . My diagnosis was to have a fusing done and after reviewing all the options I chose not to. The surgery that was done was to clean up the area's untouched in the previous surgery. I chose to focus on strengthening my core and keeping myself physically fit. I find that the more active I am the better my back feels. The hardest part was not over doing it. I will probably look into a disc replacement in the next five years as the healing time for that is substantially longer. I will be relying on Dr. Nikolakis's advice as to who would be the best to perform the surgery. Until then I will continue to work on my core strength , swim and go to yoga. I have a great deal of respect for Dr. Nikolakis and highly recommend him. A word of advice...have all your questions ready for your meetings and read up on the different procedures, it can make a world of difference in your appointment.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015