You may also like

Rate Dr. Michael Nikolakis

Dr. Michael Nikolakis's Ratings

I had my first appointment with Dr. Michael Nikolaksis on July 2, 2014. My lower back was causing me great pain that started in the lower lumbar region and then through my right leg, front the waist line to the toes. For those of us who have sciatic problems you can appreciate the severe pain through your entire leg system. My worst pain began in February, 2014 and progressively got much worse.
Dr. Nikolaksis met with me and said your back is a mess but I can promise you that we can relieve the pain in the body through surgery (L5 fused to S1). He explained the operation and I also did much study on the internet.
After a few times being bumped I had the operation on February 23rd, 2015. Yes, the waiting list system in British Columbia is in dire need of over haul, no fault to the surgeons and health care providers as at the Royal Columbian in New Westminster my care was fantastic.
It has now been almost six months and I am starting to walk and jog, complete physio and try to get back to golf, playing ball, etc.
Dr. Nikolaksis, in my opinion is a fabulous Doctor, excellent knowledge, great bed side manner and has a genuine concern for my wellness.
For those of us complaining about elective surgery (four hrs in operating and five days in Hospital) which is an oxymoron to be sure, however try to get this operation in USA, like maybe 90 to 100 K.
Thank you Dr. Nik you rock!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2868521].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

Been to doctors for three years, see him and knew what was wrong and how to fix never felt better, great staff

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2829199].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

I owe this man my life. His conservative approach means I am able to enjoy my life. I was so fortunate to have this man as my doctor the day my accident happened. It probably would have bee much worse had it been another surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2758719].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

Dr. Nikolakis is very informative and knowledgeable. Hi is very pleasant to speak with and very kind.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2745687].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2015

Ridiculousness. Definitely will be writing to college of physicians and surgeons. Follow up and thru is atrocious. Thinking him avoiding me will make it go away. IT WONT just will make it worse. The agony I have been in absolute agony since last surgery means nothing to him but I'm hoping it will. Simply ridiculous!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2682371].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2015

Saved my wife's life. Awesome bedside manner, explained in detail what the procedure was all about to myself and my two adult children. After surgury met us with a big smile and assured us that everything had gone well. Thank you doc for everything, we will have a merry Christmas .😊😊😊

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2656253].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2014

Amazing person and surgeon. Saved my life. Thanks doc!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2653696].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 15, 2014

I have every confidence in Dr Nikolakis skills as a sereon but he certainly has miss read me as a person

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2646995].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2014

Dr. Nikolakis was an amazing doctor and very informative about the condition I have with my neck. He took a lot of time to explain everything to me and made sure I understood and put my mind at ease. As for Lisa the receptionist I am unsure how she is employed, very rude and unhelpful with anything. No return phone calls, and a couple week delay for testing I need. Sue the other lady is a sweetheart very kind and helpful. Its a shame how one person can represent an office so poorly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2627393].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2014

Dr. Nikolakis recently saw my son and was very kind and knowledgeable. He explained my sons condition thoroughly and answered all of questions. We are very grateful to have seen him. His office is a very busy place, but it is also very well run. We were lucky to get the referral to him because we would have been waiting much longer to be seen if my son had been referred elsewhere. Also, want to mention that he has newer secretary who is very kind and helpful even though it is very busy there. I was worried because I read about his staff on here, but that was his old girl. This one is nice, so I worried over nothing.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][379096].votes_count ]]