Ratings for Dr. Michael Nikolakis

Dr. Nikolakis is a very special person. Caring, compassionate, and knowledgeable. I can't say enough kind things about this man. He knows what he is talking about, and most importantly he really cares about people. Thank you Dr. N for your great work on me. I will forever be grateful.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2017

I saw Dr. Nikolakis in Dec 2015 for a neck injury. I've been on the waiting list ever since. I heard from the office in Dec 2016 asking if I was still interested in the surgery. I called the other day (Apr 11) and was told I'm near the top of the list but they have so many emergency brain surgeries that it makes it difficult to schedule elective surgeries. I understand triaging patients and obviously the most urgent cases get their surgeries first but I have been in constant pain for 4 years and it's time to get my neck fixed. At least refer me somewhere else if you can't schedule me in. I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever get my call.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

Dr. Nikolakis is a great doctor and really listens to what you have to say. I can't say the same for his receptionist. The phones are NEVER answered - even my family doctor complains about it. Messages are never returned. And, when she cancels your appointment she tells you she called but she never did. Worst specialist receptionist I have ever encountered and very frustrating for a patient who has been waiting a call back to schedule an appointment for 6 months and finally gets it only to have it changed 2 times and then cancelled. This is not what we expect from a doctor's office in Canada. Courtesy works both ways.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

He is absolutely amazing! I'm only 22 and had a very large disc herniation due to a gym injury and after many misdiagnosis's (because I'm so young no doctor really wanted to believe me) and extreme pain I was dealing with, he was the only one that was kind enough to help me. I am now a week and a half post-op and never felt better and couldn't be more thankful for him and his entire team for their vast amount of knowledge and bed side manners. Everything was done on time with no delays and they all made sure I wasn't even a bit nervous going into the OR and was very well taken care of post surgery too. I would highly recommend Dr. Nikolakis! You couldn't be in better hands!!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

I dont think he really knows what he is doing The sweettalking is a cover up His recommendation for not doing surgery was in retrospect absurd Two years later, at my insurance co. request, i saw another surgeon He recommended a cervical fusion and i did it Now i am fine Wasted 2 yrs

flag | Submitted December 17, 2016

Highly skilled, a very conscientious listener and communicator. Top surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

The best specialist I have ever seen. Brilliant, gentle and kind.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

I came in to RCH with a brain tumor and severe hydrocephalus. Dr. Nikolakis and his amazing team saved my life. Thank you for everything you have done for me!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

Had the operation just over a year ago and the difference is remarkable. I had forgotten what it was like to be pain free. Cant thank you enough.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

He saved my life. I will always be grateful. Thank you Dr. nikolakis!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016