You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Michael Nikolakis

Dr. Nikolakis is exemplary in every way. He combines incredible knowledge and skill with an impeccable bedside manner. When a scary thing like a brain tumor is discovered in your head, it is so relieving to have Dr. Nikolakis in charge. His manner and approach made me feel well-cared for. He was also great with my husband and kids. I would highly recommend him to anyone who finds themselves needing a neurosurgeon.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2016

I was very pleased with Dr. Nikolakis he wasted no time explaining to me about my nerve damage in my arm and hand due to spinal damage he was very thorough going over the procedure that will require surgery .Normally there's a 3 month or more waiting list for this surgery but Dr. Nikolakis decided to label my back as a urgent procedure and I'm so grateful that he was able to get me in this weekend only 3 days away you don't usual hear that too often these days ,so kudos to Dr. Nikolakis for making this possible .

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016

Both my husband and myself have had spinal surgery performed by Dr. Nikolakis. You couldn't find a better surgeon. He truly cares about his patients, is very knowledgeable and explains all the pros and cons of the needed surgery. We highly recommend him. I would trust him with my life.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

Fabulous doctor who really knows his stuff. He takes the time to explain everything you need to know in a way that's understandable. I didn't feel rushed or looked over. He really is a great doctor. Great looking staff too!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

My father just broke his spine in T12. Doctor was very friendly and able to show the options for my father. Doctor explains the operation in very detail. Just after he finish the operation, he told me the lastest news for the surgery. For someone who is waiting outside the operation room, this action makes me feel really good. After the operation, Doctor was drop by the hospital room to check my father's recovery condition 2 days after surgery. This doctor shows care of patient and patient's family before and after surgery. He is the best doctor i have met.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

I had a back surgery done in June of 2011 by Dr. Chan and it did help but over the next few years it got worse and I saw Dr. Heran who referred me to Dr, Nikolakis. It was an amazing experience, He was thorough and went into alot of detail about my options. Keep in mind Dr Heran had arranged for a Cat scan to confirm their diagnosis well in advance of the apointment. It was apparent that I needed 3 disc area's operated on not just one. surgery was arranged and within a few months. I had surgery in Eagle Ridge Hospital. I was admitted at 8am and by 4pm my wife helped me out to my truck. I started the process of healing, a much better experience than before. After a three week healing period I started swimming again. It Takes a full year to totally heal from back surgery and I'm now at ten months since my last one and I feel much better . My diagnosis was to have a fusing done and after reviewing all the options I chose not to. The surgery that was done was to clean up the area's untouched in the previous surgery. I chose to focus on strengthening my core and keeping myself physically fit. I find that the more active I am the better my back feels. The hardest part was not over doing it. I will probably look into a disc replacement in the next five years as the healing time for that is substantially longer. I will be relying on Dr. Nikolakis's advice as to who would be the best to perform the surgery. Until then I will continue to work on my core strength , swim and go to yoga. I have a great deal of respect for Dr. Nikolakis and highly recommend him. A word of advice...have all your questions ready for your meetings and read up on the different procedures, it can make a world of difference in your appointment.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

I had my first appointment with Dr. Michael Nikolaksis on July 2, 2014. My lower back was causing me great pain that started in the lower lumbar region and then through my right leg, front the waist line to the toes. For those of us who have sciatic problems you can appreciate the severe pain through your entire leg system. My worst pain began in February, 2014 and progressively got much worse. Dr. Nikolaksis met with me and said your back is a mess but I can promise you that we can relieve the pain in the body through surgery (L5 fused to S1). He explained the operation and I also did much study on the internet. After a few times being bumped I had the operation on February 23rd, 2015. Yes, the waiting list system in British Columbia is in dire need of over haul, no fault to the surgeons and health care providers as at the Royal Columbian in New Westminster my care was fantastic. It has now been almost six months and I am starting to walk and jog, complete physio and try to get back to golf, playing ball, etc. Dr. Nikolaksis, in my opinion is a fabulous Doctor, excellent knowledge, great bed side manner and has a genuine concern for my wellness. For those of us complaining about elective surgery (four hrs in operating and five days in Hospital) which is an oxymoron to be sure, however try to get this operation in USA, like maybe 90 to 100 K. Thank you Dr. Nik you rock!!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

I owe this man my life. His conservative approach means I am able to enjoy my life. I was so fortunate to have this man as my doctor the day my accident happened. It probably would have bee much worse had it been another surgeon.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

Dr. Michael Nikolakis's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• Website has been updated from "None" to "". Suite has been updated from "None" to "". Phone Number has been updated from "6045204438" to "".

May 17, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Nikolakis is exemplary in every way. He combines incredible knowledge and skill with an impeccable bedside manner. When a scary thing like a brain tumor is ..."

April 10, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was very pleased with Dr. Nikolakis he wasted no time explaining to me about my nerve damage in my arm and hand due to spinal damage he was very thorough goin..."

February 23, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "If he hadn't operated on me I would of been in a wheelchair. Even tho I ha some side affects he brought me through that great surgery. Gloss bless him "

February 21, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Both my husband and myself have had spinal surgery performed by Dr. Nikolakis. You couldn't find a better surgeon. He truly cares about his patients, is very kn..."

December 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Fabulous doctor who really knows his stuff. He takes the time to explain everything you need to know in a way that's understandable. I didn't feel rushed or loo..."

November 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My father just broke his spine in T12. Doctor was very friendly and able to show the options for my father. Doctor explains the operation in very detail. Jus..."

October 6, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had a back surgery done in June of 2011 by Dr. Chan and it did help but over the next few years it got worse and I saw Dr. Heran who referred me to Dr, Nikola..."

August 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had my first appointment with Dr. Michael Nikolaksis on July 2, 2014. My lower back was causing me great pain that started in the lower lumbar region and the..."

July 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Been to doctors for three years, see him and knew what was wrong and how to fix never felt better, great staff"

June 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I owe this man my life. His conservative approach means I am able to enjoy my life. I was so fortunate to have this man as my doctor the day my accident happene..."

March 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Nikolakis is very informative and knowledgeable. Hi is very pleasant to speak with and very kind."

March 10, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Ridiculousness. Definitely will be writing to college of physicians and surgeons. Follow up and thru is atrocious. Thinking him avoiding me will make it go awa..."

January 13, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Saved my wife's life. Awesome bedside manner, explained in detail what the procedure was all about to myself and my two adult children. After surgury met us wit..."

December 17, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing person and surgeon. Saved my life. Thanks doc!"

December 15, 2014
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I have every confidence in Dr Nikolakis skills as a sereon but he certainly has miss read me as a person"

December 9, 2014
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Nikolakis was an amazing doctor and very informative about the condition I have with my neck. He took a lot of time to explain everything to me and made sur..."

November 20, 2014