Ratings for Dr. David Yan

You only have one chance with your eye sight, don’t risk it on Dr. Yan. Mine was a simple cataract surgery that could have went horribly wrong (possible loss of sight) if I hadn’t gotten a second opinion. Also, that $100 kit they offer is nothing more than a money maker for Dr. Yan. There are many other doctors out there that will provide the proper care.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2017

No time for patients. Working the system to maximize number of billable procedures.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Does not respect time of patients. I have been a patient of his for four years, and i am done. Talented enough to keep his job, but definitely to be avoided if possible. His staff are not fans, and he is not a pleasant guy to be with. He knows a lot about Glaucoma clearly, but in a city this size there is no need to go to this guy unless you are referred. Which i doubt very much you will be, no one likes this guy.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Saw him for more than 5 years. Rude, condescending, impatient, self-centered, void of empathy and utterly unprofessional. Friendly enough, at times,until something threatens to take the appointment beyond the 2 minutes each patient is allotted. Then, he will not tolerate questions or give explanations. Lacking in basic humanity. His staff is aware of it, but I suspect no one can tell him the obvious. Quite sad that he is exalted for his qualifications to the detriment of his ability, professionalism and humanity.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

I saw Dr. Yan yesterday for atypical glaucoma and found him to be extremely friendly, informative and knowledgeable. My daughter nad husband have lost their vision in their left eyes and have limited vision in their right eyes, so I always read reviews and take them 'with a grain of salt'. I went in with an open mind and came out knowing I will be in good hands for my follow-up visits. I also have optic nerve thinning and cataract starting, so he has said he will be doing multiple tests. He completely put me at ease even though I felt very comfortable from the beginning. I wish patients with good experiences would choose to rate their doctors rather than the ones who feel they are not happy with their results. If you are a new patient, please know I feel you will be in good hands. I, too, have had several surgeries, and my family have as well. Dr Yan is right up there with the best in terms of bedside, manner. He is one of the top researchers in his field, so in my books, that counts for compassion.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

This man should have his license revoked - He should not be called a doctor- My husband has had both open heart surgery and colon cancer -both with severe complications- we have been exposed to vast number of medical professionals- this man as I cannot bring myself to call him a Doctor -did not even read my husband history - he was rude, disrespectful and condescending to both my husband and myself -when we asked him question he was incapable of answering- If can keep very far away from this man

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

Very poor experience and a terrible result. This guy does not care but what I have learned is that once you see those warning signs, you should leave - I had a laser treatment for glaucoma and he dropped what he was holding twice. I should have looked for a different doctor then. I did not and he operated on me and I lost most of my sight in that eye. God awful human and doctor.

Submitted January 31, 2017

Have had no problems with him. He is clearly not punctual and there is a long waiting room period. Did a cataract op on me and I enjoythe outcome. I was looking for a dr to do an op and he did. - was not looking for a friend and can therefore overlook personality.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

This guy does not deserve the title of doctor and he must have gone to the same school of demagoguery as the aforementioned Dr. Gill. While I’m getting more and more scared of going blind this guy seems to only want to do battle. Yan is far beyond rude and bordering on the anti social. His approach to someone who is scared of losing his eye sight was authoritative and egotistical when questioned about his opinion. Four Doctors (two within OCC; Dr. Ali and Dr. O’Brien) had already diagnosed me with having “serious” to “severe” cataracts but Yan said that my glaucoma is minimal and that I had retinopathy. He then referred me back Dr. Ali providing inadequate answers to my concerns regarding this latest prognosis. To some of my questions he replied, “I will not answer that.". "Do you get it yes or no?" I did not get it all and the more he talked at me the more on edge I became. Furthermore, his diagnosis of retinopathy was grossly incorrect as confirmed later by a real doctor at Prism Eye Care. After four months of what would I call abuse of me and the system I chose to remove myself from OCC merry-go-round. It was obvious to me that I would be asked to see more doctors and no one there seemed to agree with each others diagnoses.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2016

Horrible doctor. Gave a possible detrimental diagnosis with no further information.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

Dr. David Yan's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients