You may also like

Ratings for Dr. John Yu

Dr. Yu and the support staff at his office are top notch. They are competent, friendly, and efficient which is becoming rarer to find in medical offices these days.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

Dr. Yu is the best. He takes time for your concerns and doesn't try to rush you...in fact he asks if there's anything more you'd like to talk about. Great bedside manner and very approachable. Incredibly knowledgeable as well.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

I saw Dr. Yu last month and he cleared my embarrassing rash after other dermatologists had failed. He had excellent bedside manner and his office was stunning. There is a long wait to see him but it was worth it in the end for me.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

The best dermatologist in town! Very knowledgeable, very patient, he listens, and very approachable. His receptionist (Adele) is also No. 1: very friendly, helpful and very accommodating. They work as a team. I feel blessed that we have them in the North Shore.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

I see Dr. Yu once a year for a head-to-toe skin check-up, as my family is prone to skin cancer. He is usually always on time, he is professional and courteous, and he will zap skin tags on the spot. He never makes me feel rushed, but it's all business with him....which isn't a bad thing.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

I saw Dr. Yu after being treated by 2 other dermatologists for the last 2 years for a small Squamous cell CA on my face. He immediately put me at ease, he sent for my previous biopsy report so that he could be sure he was prescribing the correct treatment. He gave me two options for treatment, he carried out the treatment I chose on the same appointment and gave me precise instructions for my own aftercare and asked to see me again in a few months. I am very impressed with his knowledge, patient care and treatment, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

I have seen Dr. Yu every 4-6 months for the last few years and he always performed an adequate exam/treatment. Some of my visits would be 5-10 minutes and some as long as 30-45 minutes if he was excising one of my skin cancers. Patients should be more understanding that dermatologists are extremely in demand with long waitlists and a lot of patients to see. Some patients may need more time than others. Someone complaining about receiving only 7 minutes of his time instead of10 minutes is probably an entitled patient. I cannot speak more highly of this doctor. I think he is an excellent doctor working in an inperfect medicare system.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

I had an appointment with Dr YU for an annual body scan check up. The appointment was 7 minutes and he was in a hurry to attend to other people waiting in other rooms. I was asked to make a follow up appointment so I called later to inquire if all his scheduled appointments were only 7 minutes and the receptionist said yes. I am the prime care giver of my skin and health. I need a professional who has at least 10 to 15 minutes to give me information.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

Sadly, I do not have favorable feed back. For almost two years, I struggles with prescription (expensive) creams. Never changed it. My research educates me there are several options besides "prescription creams" eg. tar compounds and more ... I When he was "new" on the North Shore, the appointments were "regular" Now he can make you wait 6-9 months. The worst of worst is, his repeat patients (if not seen in 6 months) and he treats them as "new" patients. On the contrary, the skin care center in Vancouver, does not treats "repeat" patients as "new" patients: makes accommodation to see repeat patients within 4-6 weeks.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

Have a medical background myself and found Dr. Yu to be an excellent clinician: explains what he finds or doesn't find (remember doctors aren't "all knowing and seeing", so for a physician to advise he doesn't know what's causing a problem is admirable); ensures his patient understands the nature of a condition and how they need to participate in the care plan to address it (I.e. sunscreen) and, utilizes current/best practices established for his specialization. It generally isn't necessary for a doctor to spend long periods of time for each patient visit (unless it's a complete physical and in then, it's a patient's responsibility to book it appropriately. A clinic visit should be restricted to address a specific concern (not a myriad of things thought up once you're in the exam room), remembering, specialists are few an far between and they do more than just see patients (paperwork, continuing ed, etc.) so be thankful for the Dr. Yu's brief visits - means more patients can be seen!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2013

Dr. John Yu's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Yu and the support staff at his office are top notch. They are competent, friendly, and efficient which is becoming rarer to find in medical offices these d..."

February 9, 2016
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.coquitlamintegratedhealth.ca/" to "". Postal Code has been updated from "V3B 0G5" to "". Address has been updated from "2976 Glen Drive" to "1133 Lonsdale". Suite has been updated from "None" to "Unit 100". Phone Number has been updated from "16049415483" to "604-987-0917".

December 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Yu is the best. He takes time for your concerns and doesn't try to rush you...in fact he asks if there's anything more you'd like to talk about. Great bedsi..."

November 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Yu last month and he cleared my embarrassing rash after other dermatologists had failed. He had excellent bedside manner and his office was stunning...."

September 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The best dermatologist in town! Very knowledgeable, very patient, he listens, and very approachable. His receptionist (Adele) is also No. 1: very friendly, h..."

July 28, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://www.coquitlamintegratedhealth.ca/". Postal Code has been updated from "V7G1" to "V3B 0G5". Address has been updated from "None" to "2976 Glen Drive". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16049415483".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I see Dr. Yu once a year for a head-to-toe skin check-up, as my family is prone to skin cancer. He is usually always on time, he is professional and courteous,..."

May 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Yu after being treated by 2 other dermatologists for the last 2 years for a small Squamous cell CA on my face. He immediately put me at ease, he sent..."

January 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have seen Dr. Yu every 4-6 months for the last few years and he always performed an adequate exam/treatment. Some of my visits would be 5-10 minutes and some..."

December 12, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I had an appointment with Dr YU for an annual body scan check up. The appointment was 7 minutes and he was in a hurry to attend to other people waiting in other..."

October 14, 2014
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Sadly, I do not have favorable feed back. For almost two years, I struggles with prescription (expensive) creams. Never changed it. My research educates me ..."

September 9, 2014