Ratings for Dr. John Yu

Highly recommended by his peers. Very thorough. He has made my life much more comfortable and I was most impressed by his manner. He is a very busy man yet when you are in the room, you are the only client he has.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

I was very impressed that Dr. Yu phoned me during his holidays to discuss my biopsy result. i have full confidence in his attentive care.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

He doesn't care about his patients. He just prescribes pills without trying to actually find the best treatment. And don't ask him too many questions.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2016

Dr. Yu and the support staff at his office are top notch. They are competent, friendly, and efficient which is becoming rarer to find in medical offices these days.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

Dr. Yu is the best. He takes time for your concerns and doesn't try to rush you...in fact he asks if there's anything more you'd like to talk about. Great bedside manner and very approachable. Incredibly knowledgeable as well.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

I saw Dr. Yu last month and he cleared my embarrassing rash after other dermatologists had failed. He had excellent bedside manner and his office was stunning. There is a long wait to see him but it was worth it in the end for me.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

The best dermatologist in town! Very knowledgeable, very patient, he listens, and very approachable. His receptionist (Adele) is also No. 1: very friendly, helpful and very accommodating. They work as a team. I feel blessed that we have them in the North Shore.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

I see Dr. Yu once a year for a head-to-toe skin check-up, as my family is prone to skin cancer. He is usually always on time, he is professional and courteous, and he will zap skin tags on the spot. He never makes me feel rushed, but it's all business with him....which isn't a bad thing.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

I saw Dr. Yu after being treated by 2 other dermatologists for the last 2 years for a small Squamous cell CA on my face. He immediately put me at ease, he sent for my previous biopsy report so that he could be sure he was prescribing the correct treatment. He gave me two options for treatment, he carried out the treatment I chose on the same appointment and gave me precise instructions for my own aftercare and asked to see me again in a few months. I am very impressed with his knowledge, patient care and treatment, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

I have seen Dr. Yu every 4-6 months for the last few years and he always performed an adequate exam/treatment. Some of my visits would be 5-10 minutes and some as long as 30-45 minutes if he was excising one of my skin cancers. Patients should be more understanding that dermatologists are extremely in demand with long waitlists and a lot of patients to see. Some patients may need more time than others. Someone complaining about receiving only 7 minutes of his time instead of10 minutes is probably an entitled patient. I cannot speak more highly of this doctor. I think he is an excellent doctor working in an inperfect medicare system.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014