Ratings for Dr. Joan I. Keit

I felt compelled to rate Dr Keit on the care she provides after reading what the other two entries stated. I do not think they are talking about the same doctor. Dr Keit treated my father who had prostate cancer and I could not have asked for better care!!! She was the only doctor we meet with that accurately diagnosed my fathers condition and explained ALL treatment options, not only radiation. Without her I don't think my father would have gotten the treatment he needed. My family and I will be eternally grateful for everything she has done for us. She is an excellent doctor and goes above and beyond for all her patients!! Would not trade her for ANYTHING!!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2011

This doctor just does not properly care for her patients and has a terrible bedside manner. My family member has seen her repeatedly and each time has received low quality care. My family member is trying to deal with a serious illness, with complication factors and after seeing Dr. Keit, is always more bothered and more stressed. Dr Keit does not listen. I think Dr Keit does not take the proper time to explain things, and she also acts very rude. We will not see Dr Keit again and are going to a different clinic now, just due to Dr. Keit and her bad practice.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2010

I do not re-act as most people do with different types of treatments, because of that I felt Dr Keit did not want to look for something 'out side of the box' I felt she wanted me to respond to all treatments like everyone else and because I did not, I feel she did not want to look further, to my knowledge twice she prescribed medications I was allegic to, even with my alergies listed in large red ink. She appeared upset with me because of it. I felt when seeing her she was arrogant and I felt she dismissed my pain and confusion. I feel that if my re-actions and healing comformed to that of most peoples I would have gotten better care but because I do not I have been dismissed and ignored. I would not recommend her to anyone. I do not trust her.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2010

Dr. Joan I. Keit's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Stony Brook, School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Workers Comp