Ratings for Dr. Kevin Zorn

I am a practising physician myself, and I can see things from both sides of the desk. Dr. Zorn is nothing short of amazing. Not only is he technically very good (which is the most important thing), but he also has good communication skills and is very conscientious in his follow-up of his patients. He deserves a five-star rating.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Needed to see him for issues concerning urination frequency, urgency and nocturnal. After being misdiagnosed by another urologist (who manually examined my prostate, and concluded that I was starting to have an enlarged prostate, and he prescribed Alfuzosin -read the side effects! decline in libido, erectile dysfunction), and not convinced , I sought another opinion from Dr Zorn. Dr Zorn used an ultrasound device to obtain an exact measurement, and determined that my prostate was normal. Based on the symptoms (frequency, urgency, nocturnal aka acronym 'fun'), I am now being treated for OAB (over active bladder), treated with prescription Myrbetriq, and quite successfully (all symptoms under control, only side effect is headaches ( and none of the aforementioned side effects of Alfuzosin). Dr Zorn also prescribed a cytoscopy exam to ensure there was no cysts or cancer in the bladder (results negative) . There's good reason he rated here as the top urologist in Montreal !

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

Très compétent et efficace . Nous informe sur tous les aspects. Facile de le rejoindre par mail. Nous suit tout le long des traitements et longtemps après ( depuis 6 ans). Affable . En bref un amour de médecin , surtout pendant ces moments difficiles.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2017

I am a 58 years old guy, very active in my work and in my personal life. This new chapter of my life started in February 2017 when my previous urologist advertises me probability of prostate cancer due to the APS increased. He asked for biopsy and 15 of March, result was positive. Due that my Urologist only operated for a Laparoscopy and my brother in law was operated with this procedure before, I decided with my family to check the Robotic Laparoscopy. So, I started a full internet search and also called Canada Cancer Association for more information, looking for Robotics procedures, I found DR. ZORN name as one of the best in Canada, I knew that this would be the best solution for me. My wife and I meet him 1 month later and he puts me in confidence immediately. He told me that the timing was excellent. I was a little anxious waiting for my operation date, until Saint Luc Hospital called me to confirm the date. This Monday 31st of July, I had my surgery with Doctor Zorn and everything went well as I can see in all the results that we are seen since Monday. The same evening I walked inside my room without much difficulty. The next morning I was coming home. This Friday, they will call me from my city CLSC for the Foley catheter removal. I highly recommend this surgeon because his a special person and dedicated professional, he takes care of his patients and he create a very special relationship that actually is very difficult to find in the Medical profession. We think Dr. Zorn is one of the best in his profession and I'm lucky to have him as my specialist.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

On observation since 2008 tests révèle changes in m'y prostate cancer did operation to avoid worsen condition pain full first 4 days probes of blocage with thé sonde cause of caillots blood then problems with loss of controle over urine improvements day by day I did physiothérapie of kegel exerciseur to improve muscles controlling urine thanks to Dr zorn and his medical and nursing te am recommencer Dr zorn to any one in needed for professionnalisme and humaine.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

Je suis très heureux d'avoir été traité par Dr zorn une personne très humain attentive aux besoins et aux creintes que j'avais une médecin examplaire dans toutes le sense de mot très compétent dévoué sincère me donné beaucoup de confiance dans ma prise de décision

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

I live in Quebec, north of Ottawa and was referred to Dr Zorn for a robotic-assisted laparoscopic prostate surgery in February 2014. The Gleeson score was estimated at 8 and Dr Zorn took me in as a patient on fairly short notice. I was 46 years old at the time. The day after the surgery, I went out for dinner in Montreal with my wife. I regained full continence within a week and full sexual function within two weeks. I had minimal to no pain during this period. In fact the greatest pain I had was in my shoulders the day after the surgery. After three years I am still showing negligible PSA and remarkable post surgery outcomes. Having closely reviewed the scientific literature which is mostly outdated, and the terrible CTFPHC prostate screening guidelines which have resulted (eg. don't screen for prostate cancer if you're under 55 because the treatment might be worse than the disease), I intend to engage aggressively as a patient advocate during the 2019 review. If all patients had Dr Zorn as a surgeon/or had surgeons that used his procedures, the shoddy CTFPHC arguments would be exposed. I highly recommend this surgeon.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

A great guy, dans tout les sens du mot. Rare de nos jours des docs qui nous répondent par internet. Mes proches ont jamais vu ça à date. Qualités humaines hors du commun. Un digne représentant médical, qui nous invite à mieux guérir. Merci beaucoup et bravo. Vraiment.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

This started in August 2014 my family doctor advertises me probability of prostate cancer. I consult hospital urologist Joliette and commonplace situation. I asked for biopsy and 3 months later he told me it was positive. But little cancer and is monitored at 4 months with APS. A year later biopsy and same result as the first. Then spends 1 year and a half and APS increased still and my urologist tells me he is moving. So my family doctor tells me about a DR. ZORN renowned for robotics and tells me for my young age this would be the best solution. I meet him 1 month later and he puts me in confidence immediately. He tells me that the timing is excellent. Rectal touch tells her that it's beautiful outside the prostate. Doctor Zorn had surgery last Monday and everything went well. The same evening I walked without much difficulty. The next afternoon I was coming home. Tomorrow they take off my probe. And every step Dr. Zorn communicates to me by email and answers all my fears and questions. I give him 5 out of 5. I think he's one of the best in his profession and I'm lucky to have him as a specialist. I see the future more pink for the continuation and I find a little more serenity. Thank you my savior.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

I had robotic radical prostatectomy done on Feb 24 and I was discharged on the 25th. Due to the distance I traveled to see Dr. Zorn I stayed across from the St Luc hospital until the catheter was removed on the 28th as per DR. Zorn's recommendation. I spent that night in Oka an hour away at my wife's uncles house to get a jump on travelling the next day. I did soil my brief while exiting the truck but I was able to stop the flow right away. I used a brief that night as a precaution and I awoke at 3 a.m. to use the washroom and was able to stop and start my urine flow right away. For the last week then I have used liners during the day and briefs at night as a precaution and I have had very little leakage and no accidents. The recovery has been faster than anything I would of expected of any type of surgery. One of my fellow workers was operated on for the same problem the old fashion way a month earlier than me and he is still struggling with urine control and pain. I highly recommend Dr. Zorn and his team for which I am eternally thankful.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

Dr. Kevin Zorn's Credentials

• McGill University (Grad. 2005)

Medical Mutual Of Ohio